Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random post game thoughts - Bucs @ Giants
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Random post game thoughts - Bucs @ Giants Reply with quote

- After years of following the Giants and watching Eli turn it up in the fourth quarter, I still find myself preparing for a loss when we're down 14+ in the 3rd quarter. I guess I'm not as big of an optimist as I thought.

- Let me preface this by saying that I hope Deihl, Bradshaw and Hixon get better for their own sake. But honestly, I rather see Locklear, Wilson/Brown and Randle/Barden out there on the field. I think Coughlin has been too loyal to some of the veterans. Not saying they're bad players, but if the team isn't playing well, get some different players on the field. We all saw what Brown did today.

- I thought Aqib Talib was supposed to be a pretty decent corner? He got away with a ton of holding, and pass interference due to the replacement refs, and still got torched for 199 yards by a one-footed Hakeem Nicks. That was a bad performance.

- Rueben Randle actually looks pretty good on punt returns. For a big guy, he's got some moves, and he doesn't have as much hesitation as some of the smaller guys like Jernigan do. But I'm still hoping that Hosley takes over eventually.

- The hit by Kenny Phillips on Vincent Jackson was nasty. Could have easily been called for hitting a defenseless receiver. But, it's refreshing to be a fan of the team delivering the hit for once.

- Defensive line hasn't been as dominant as it was in the playoffs last year. They've gone through droughts before, but I'm wondering if age has finally caught up to Tuck, Osi and Kiwi. All closing in, or at 30 years old. JPP was beastly, as usual.

- Not much to add to the ending of the game. Pretty busch league move by Schiano. He deserves the heat he's going to take.

- Short week is going to suck. Wouldn't be surprised to see a let down by the Giants. Don't mean to be a debby downer, but after an emotional win like that, you sometimes come out flat the following week.

- I had Newton, Nicks, Spiller, Gronkowski, Bowe and Gostowski on one of my fantasy teams today. In standard yahoo scoring, I dropped 150 points on some poor sap. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Random post game thoughts - Bucs @ Giants Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

- Let me preface this by saying that I hope Deihl, Bradshaw and Hixon get better for their own sake. But honestly, I rather see Locklear, Wilson/Brown and Randle/Barden out there on the field. I think Coughlin has been too loyal to some of the veterans. Not saying they're bad players, but if the team isn't playing well, get some different players on the field. We all saw what Brown did today.

Agreed. Except I think theyre bad players...

^Joe_is_the_best
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Random post game thoughts - Bucs @ Giants Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Laughing I agree with Diehl. Bradshaw isnt a good player anymore either. Hixon is pretty solid but the other guys are better.

I'd like to add that Andre Brown had a really good game. Ran very hard and played smart.

^Stone85 on the sig^
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Random post game thoughts - Bucs @ Giants Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Laughing I agree with Diehl. Bradshaw isnt a good player anymore either. Hixon is pretty solid but the other guys are better.

I'd like to add that Andre Brown had a really good game. Ran very hard and played smart.

I agree. I didn't think it would take an afterthought that we cut and brought back after a torn ACL and a suspension to show how much Bradshaw sucks.

I shed no tears when Diehl left and I agree on Hixon. A very solid player but never a crucial loss.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say I think Andre Brown really played a great game today. Ran hard and ran north south. My favorite play was on the botched snap where he scooped the ball up and gained a yard. Great heads up play
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other comments about the offense...

Bennett needs to catch better. Clearly Eli wants him involved heavily.

Barden had a catch that wasn't in the end zone. Granted he was wide open probably because we never throw at him..ever...so the coverage was probably not playing close because...why bother covering him, we never throw his way Razz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Jayron Hosley didn't get beat much today. I actually don't remember that he gave up any catches at all. I believe he was the starter today.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Also Jayron Hosley didn't get beat much today. I actually don't remember that he gave up any catches at all. I believe he was the starter today.

I believe he left the game early with something in his eyes
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability of Andre Brown to step in and pick up free blitzers was tremendous. Without that, the Touchdowns deep do not happen. He was a major asset and should be a contributor going forward.

Giants got out of their with a Gift. Schiano is a good young coach that has his team playing at a high level, but he wasted his timeouts early and that was a mistake.

It's not often that a team can get a win after loosing the turnover battle that egregiously. Next week, the team must be sharper to compete with a dangerous Panthers attack.
dkebones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Random post game thoughts - Bucs @ Giants Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:

I agree. I didn't think it would take an afterthought that we cut and brought back after a torn ACHILLES and a suspension to show how much Bradshaw sucks.

FIFY, but i actually think its more impressive. ACL's are so last Tuesday... Razz
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the coaches are smart, they will start Brown on thursday. He has a lot of confidence right now and a lot of his friends and family will be at the game because he grew up and went to school in Carolina so he will be extra motivated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
If the coaches are smart, they will start Brown on thursday. He has a lot of confidence right now and a lot of his friends and family will be at the game because he grew up and went to school in Carolina so he will be extra motivated.

Oh yeah Brown definitely should start. On a short week? No question. Let Bradshaw rest his neck. Giants should get Prince back so that should help
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly dont think the defense was bad yesterday. Teams are just targeting our weak spots. Theyre targeting Tryon and Coe on a consistent basis.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
I honestly dont think the defense was bad yesterday. Teams are just targeting our weak spots. Theyre targeting Tryon and Coe on a consistent basis.

I was happy with the run defense. But on the plays where they got big chunks of yards one of two things happened. Our defensive line didn't get enough pressure, or the safety help was late. I thought the corners had pretty tight coverage throughout the game, including Tryon and Coe. They were left of fend for themselves against bigger and physical receivers for much of the game.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Eli(the)Manning

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

I was happy with the run defense.

With Martins's TD in the first half being an obnoxious exception, I agree. Significant improvement.

Now lets embrace our inner football geekdom. With this beautiful manutia heavy article.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/breaking-down-victor-cruzs-80-yard-touchdown/?ref=football

Quote:
Let’s take a step back and examine Manning’s cadence. I think it’s essential to understanding what happened. Before the snap, you could catch Manning’s verbiage on the television broadcast: “Red 19, Red 19, set hut. 59’s the Mike, 59’s the Mike. Bingo. Omaha, Omaha, set hut.”

When the Giants run a play with a traditional snap count, they snap the ball after Manning’s first “set hut.” If Manning had called the play and then uttered “on one” in the huddle, the ball would have been snapped following the first “set hut.”

On this particular play, however, Manning issued an “Omaha” call. “Omaha” isn’t any sort of audible, but rather a snap count indicator. Like an indicator used by third-base coaches in baseball, Manning’s “Omaha” indicator alerts the offense that the snap count is now “live.” When Manning called “Omaha” in the huddle, it told the offensive players that anything he says before “Omaha” is meaningless. Thus, the “Red 19, Red 19, set hut” that Manning yelled meant nothing to the Giants on this play.

So why use it? Because by running through a fake snap count, Manning can get the defense to show their intentions. They don’t know the initial cadence is a “dummy” one (because the Giants don’t use an “Omaha” call on every play), and thus they often show what they’re planning to do.
[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: