Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ILB
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: ILB Reply with quote

Might as well ask this since Foote looked good in comparison. Is Timmons that much less effective than what he was? Foote looked like the better player and Timmons couldn't even catch manning (can anyone post this clip?).

I know it was just one game, but what if Foote goes down with an injury? Foote looked like a solid leader out there . ILB is thin with depth, can't afford injuries there.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ILB Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
Might as well ask this since Foote looked good in comparison. Is Timmons that much less effective than what he was? Foote looked like the better player and Timmons couldn't even catch manning (can anyone post this clip?).

I know it was just one game, but what if Foote goes down with an injury? Foote looked like a solid leader out there . ILB is thin with depth, can't afford injuries there.

Timmons came into last season heavier than previously, but he lost a lot of his quickness. This seaosn, he looks out of shape, slow, and disinterested.

He was never an instinctive type, always hesitating before using his athleticism to compensate for his nonexistent instincts. Now, his athleticism is buried beneath a few layers of "thickness"

apparently he took his $50 million and spent it on bon bons.

Foote impressed me and made me eat crow. Wish Timmons would do the same. He's the biggest $$$ thief on this team right now. We pay him more per season than San Fran pays Patrick Willis.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmons will get his groove back, it's week 1! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did look heavy and it is crazy that he couldn't catch Manning.

...you have a forum resume?
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked more like a lumbering, gassed out offensive lineman making a vain effort to chase someone he could never begin to catch!
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to get bashed but I'm still timmons' supporter. You want to blame somebody, blame defensive scheme. He was chosen to start over few yrs ago probably because we wanted to have the best and most athletic linebackers on field constantly. That's true, farrior allow timmons to enchances his game more and had a great season 2 seasons ago. As I always told my friends, he's not an inside linebacker... he's an olb. You guys may disagree with me because when he played olb, he looked lost and didn't do too good but that was mainly due to lack of depth and coverage issue that forced him to not only played outside of his normal position but take away his butter which is pass-rushing...

I truly believe that when harrison is done, timmons will be moved to olb and he'll hve a full off-season to play as pass-rushing olb and that's when people willsee his true talent.

I think sean spence pick was more of a potential timmons' replacement than foote's if anything. Of course if what I said is correct, then its a strong and great chance we have our eyes all over Te'o.

We can complain about how foote and farrior used to beast it up and compare the to now, but our coverage is now the best positional in our defensive scheme and this may change lebeau's future replacement as I am wringing to think butler is still the candidate when carnell lake'd make a great candidate.

The true problem lie with nt, which expose our lack of depth at ilb. Its up to our foremost defensive coordinator, - Lebeau to adapt.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry, but I have to disagree Dook. Timmons can not shed blocks or have any moves whatsoever. He is our most gifted LB IMO, and has the most potential if put in the time. We need his speed and coverage moves to help disguise our D and make it more versatile. He's not very good in pursuit or shedding blocks, which is why he'll never be an OLB. Spence can add us even more versatility to help our pass defense specifically, but I don't think he'll be an every down backer.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I'm probably going to get bashed but I'm still timmons' supporter. You want to blame somebody, blame defensive scheme. He was chosen to start over few yrs ago probably because we wanted to have the best and most athletic linebackers on field constantly. That's true, farrior allow timmons to enchances his game more and had a great season 2 seasons ago. As I always told my friends, he's not an inside linebacker... he's an olb. You guys may disagree with me because when he played olb, he looked lost and didn't do too good but that was mainly due to lack of depth and coverage issue that forced him to not only played outside of his normal position but take away his butter which is pass-rushing...

I truly believe that when harrison is done, timmons will be moved to olb and he'll hve a full off-season to play as pass-rushing olb and that's when people willsee his true talent.

I'm going to vehemently disagree. He is a 4-3 WLB. He gets stonewalled by RBs when he blitzes. He is not a 34 OLB in any way, shape or form.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:

I'm going to vehemently disagree. He is a 4-3 WLB. He gets stonewalled by the air when he blitzes. He is not a 34 OLB in any way, shape or form.

*Explanation for Peyton Manning debacle in bold*
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckles*

Touche my friend, touche....
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With an effort like Sunday's i'm starting to put him in a Quinton Coples type category. I've given him more credit than that upto this point, mostly just concerned about skill and technique; effort and desire were a big part of the concern this week.

...you have a forum resume?
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
With an effort like Sunday's i'm starting to put him in a Quinton Coples type category. I've given him more credit than that upto this point, mostly just concerned about skill and technique; effort and desire were a big part of the concern this week.

I f he doesn't approach 2010 form, that is disappointing . If he keeps playing like week 1 2012, then should they trade him at the end of the season and what would they get? Are we the only ones that notice? The never pointed out how he couldn't catch manning, which was Embarassed
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere out there, Jayme laughs Confused

I don't know what happened man. He might just be pulling a CJ1K, referring to the poor play after getting signed long term.

Props to mike23md!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

I f he doesn't approach 2010 form, that is disappointing . If he keeps playing like week 1 2012, then should they trade him at the end of the season and what would they get? Are we the only ones that notice? The never pointed out how he couldn't catch manning, which was Embarassed

Yep...maybe we should cut every big contract on our roster....then draft OLineman with every single draft pick....and then sign several big name free agents to massive contracts!

Goes completely against how this team has ever conducted business, but I figured Id join you in fairy tale land this one time!

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:

I think sean spence pick was more of a potential timmons' replacement than foote's if anything. Of course if what I said is correct, then its a strong and great chance we have our eyes all over Te'o.

We can complain about how foote and farrior used to beast it up and compare the to now, but our coverage is now the best positional in our defensive scheme and this may change lebeau's future replacement as I am wringing to think butler is still the candidate when carnell lake'd make a great candidate.

The true problem lie with nt, which expose our lack of depth at ilb. Its up to our foremost defensive coordinator, - Lebeau to adapt.
I agree with you, great post buddy and I'm glad someone else sees the same thing I do. He was an OLB coming out who rushed the passer a lot, I'd like to see him moved there when Harrison is gone also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: