Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins, Its not so bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:
Long has surely not been very good this year...

I think he is more hurt than people realize.

Irish Dolfan

I will not doubt Long is ailing but his production is slipping every year. Part due to the injuries but this is a new system that exposes his weaknesses. He will give up an average of one sack per game this year just because they throw the ball so much.

We romanticize this dude to much. His value is dropping like it was tossed off the roof of a tall building.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious landing spot for Jake Long is with the New York Jets.

They badly need an Offensive Tackle, want to run the ball off both sides and have Tony Sparano who'd love to have Jake Long.

If Jake Long is a free agent I could very easily see him wind up in New York, that might make the most sense, actually.
mephinphan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
The obvious landing spot for Jake Long is with the New York Jets.

They badly need an Offensive Tackle, want to run the ball off both sides and have Tony Sparano who'd love to have Jake Long.

If Jake Long is a free agent I could very easily see him wind up in New York, that might make the most sense, actually.

If Jake Long was 85 yrs old and sitting in a wheel chair i would not look to trade him the Jets.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts...

1. Tannehill showed a lot of improvement. That alone would have been enough to make me happy, win or not. He is not quite there yet, and will probably fall apart a few times. He will probably take two steps forward and one step back. So I won't be shocked if he takes steps backwords at times. This week I think it was a combination of him learning how to step up into passing lanes and use his eyes to look off defenders along the line. He needs to continue to do that. They also used better play calling. The used more play action and rollouts to give RT more time and room to work. Going forward he needs to work on his timing and ball placement. His throws lacked precision in those areas. Many of them were getting there a tad late. Half a second sooner and it would have been a much easier play for the receivers. But that is normal for any QB new to a team and working on gelling with the receivers and play calls and general speed of the game. This is something he can definitely improve on a bunch through the season.

2. Odrick needs to be shifted into DT in passing situations, and we need someone who can get pressure. Our D-line is near elite at stopping the run, but apart from Wake we don't get pressure without using exotic blitzes and it's scary how much time we give QB's to throw the ball. I actually think our DB's did a solid job this week. Problem is you can't cover receivers for 10 full seconds. Even Revis can't do that.

3. Jake Long is struggling. Not only does he not look elite, but he looks below average. He has now allowed a sack in each game, and I believe he has 3 penalties racked up against him. If he has this kind of season, then I wouldn't sign him for more than 5 or 6 mil a year and HOPE that he gets healthy enough to play much better than he has so far.

4. Hartline is back! This receiver group is one good second round pick next year from becoming solid with him playing like that. Throw a Jordy Nelson type player into this group and I think we will be legit at receiver. Hartline is perfect for the west coast offense. He is finally healthy and getting separation with his precision routes and quickness. Bess is great in the slot, but we need another target to round it out.

5. Lamar Miller is what I thought he was! Him and Bush very well could be one of the best one two punches in the NFL. Bush still tries to outrun people too much, but other than that he is an elite talent at his position. He may even break 2,000 total yards this year! Good thing I picked him up in like the 5th round in fantasy. Of course that's if he stays healthy. Having Miller to spell him now should help with that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought we applied a lot of pressure today at one point Palmer had been knocked down 10 times .. Randy Starks is off to a great start.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to watch most of this game, and was first game Ive watched in a while where I can say the Phins looked good. Tanney did a complete turn around from last week, Reggie Bush made it look easy, even our D stood tall in the second half, something we havent seen in a long time.

Congrats to Coach JP and Tanney on their first NFL wins.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I actually thought we applied a lot of pressure today at one point Palmer had been knocked down 10 times .. Randy Starks is off to a great start.

Most of the hits he took were 5 or 6 seconds after the snap. He was getting hit when he couldn't find an open receiver. Call them coverage pressures if you want. But there were plenty of times he stood back there and cooked himself a dinner before making a throw. I'm not saying our pass rush is horrible. It's just not good enough to have an elite defense that can stop people like Tom Brady.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:

Irish Dolfan

I will not doubt Long is ailing but his production is slipping every year. Part due to the injuries but this is a new system that exposes his weaknesses. He will give up an average of one sack per game this year just because they throw the ball so much.

We romanticize this dude to much. His value is dropping like it was tossed off the roof of a tall building.

Ill take it. He absolutely would be better than what we put on the field today.

And im disappointed in your GDT. You guys beat us down and 5 pages is all you have to show for it.

Sigged by Jamison
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:

Irish Dolfan

And im disappointed in your GDT. You guys beat us down and 5 pages is all you have to show for it.

Most dolphins fans on here actually aren't from Miami so they don't get the local showings. I'd say only about 25% of us are. 50% are from the North East and another 25% are from the UK. So you wont see any game day threads go past 10 pages. You will see a lot of people coming back throughout the week and posting about the game and their thoughts once they catch it on NFL Network. That said, not a good time to be a Miami fan with the rebuilding process. I like to think we didn't lose anyone though, unlike one Young Raider. Your thread was funny... Laughing Sorry. I feel for you, that was us last season and look where we are now. 1-1. Already better than our 0-7 start last season.
Manic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and id say half the members left are so far gone in depression they utterly have no idea what to say when we win.

great win today, but id love if we actually beat someone other than the raiders down. For some reason we have that teams number, i cant remember the last time we lost to em.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:

Irish Dolfan

Yeah ... the Miami Dolphins forum has been slowing dying over the past few years.

Jake Long is still an elite LT in the right system but he's too big to play in the ZBS with much effectiveness. Add the fact that he's playing injured and you get a pretty average LT. I don't know if the Raiders run a power-blocking scheme but if they do that's where Jake Long excels at and can be elite.

I'd be willing to move Jake Long at this point for a 1st.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Fender

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the batted-ball situation this week? Getting better?
fasel1515

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
How was the batted-ball situation this week? Getting better?

Yes. But, it was alleviated by rollouts and less short passes. Tanny basically was just throwing outside routes which are harder to bat down. Plus moving outside of the pocket masked his line drive throws.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to move Jake Long for a 2nd. He is so bad right now and totally not worth the dumptruck of money we have sitting in his back yard. I've been over him since last year and I'm at least happy to see more of you are embracing the thought of tossing him to the side. You can get a SOLID combination (2 of 3) of a WR, CB and DE for what he costs us.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Manic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he had 1 pass tipped at the line and yes they had him roll out more in this game, but he still made alot of passes from the pocket. So it was much improved.

Also was Legadu Naanee playing? I didnt pay much attention to him, but i know he wasnt thrown to. It was the bess and hartline show, i think our young qb might have lost faith in Naanee. Might be wise just to dump him and get one of the younger wrs some playing time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: