Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins, Its not so bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't we just agree that neither team has a receiving corp in the top 20 for the league? Because there are definitely 20 teams whos receivers I would take over Miami and Oakland's. Its kind of like you guys are arguing about who's turd is a more lovely shade of brown.

FF Member #67
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Can't we just agree that neither team has a receiving corp in the top 20 for the league? Because there are definitely 20 teams whos receivers I would take over Miami and Oakland's. Its kind of like you guys are arguing about who's turd is a more lovely shade of brown.

Honestly, both teams have bottom 5 receiving corp.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Tacos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
We're both better off than the Browns and Rams, we have that.

Something tells me this will be a defensive game.

Should go better for us than last year, though. That was quite the embarrassment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
The thing I do not understand about the Raiders defense is they have the talent to be great. It puzzles me they are not better. I think Miami is still trying to find their identity. I think the defense will keep Miami into the game but Tanney will turn the ball over at least twice, therefore giving the Raiders the win 17-6.

The thing that held them back was the scheme and coaching. Al always stuck to his man to man defense and only brought in players who could play man to man. You seem them playing some zone and they were terrible. Having Allen and Tarver come in breathes new life into this fairly young D.

With coaching the biggest example can be seen in Rolando McClain. He wasn't a sound tackler and only relied on his strength. Now under the new regime he's attacking gaps and wrapping up ball carriers. He was left to do so much in coverage and not what played to his strengths. Plus the guy is lighter and his ankle is healthier.

I mean we held the Chargers to 5 FGs when their average starting field position was our 47 due to our Long Snapper going down. Tommy Kelly kept the only TD drive going with 2 Offside penalties. Despite that don't expect us to be penalty infested like in the past.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see this game as a sure Dolphins win by any means. Oakland's Offense has speed and talent despite what some people may claim, and their Defensive Line is probably going to demolish our RT and RG.

If Oakland isolates Misi with Mcfadden in the passing game it could be goodbye Mcfadden....Despite Oaklands lack of success last week to the WR's I'm concerned about our DB's....Smith continues to have terrible ball skills even when he's in position to make plays on the ball, and Richard Marshall was at best ineffective in his first start as a Dolphin last week.

I think this one could go either way, and like so many other games turnovers will be the deciding factor.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Deets wrote:

Honestly, both teams have bottom 5 receiving corp.

No we dont. even if you take out Ford cause health.

Rams, Dolphins, Browns, Colts, Vikings, Rams, Titans. Also Jets, Bills, and seahawks are all debatable. Yall are selling a team that was 11 in receiving yards last year very short.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing reading this is comical

Has Tannehill learned how to pass the ball beyond the LOS. 19 Passes batted down in college in 19 games and had 5 of them batted down last week. Oakland has a tall defense line could see a couple more.

D.Moore > anyone of the Dolphins WR's. let's be real.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Laughing reading this is comical

Has Tannehill learned how to pass the ball beyond the LOS. 19 Passes batted down in college in 19 games and had 5 of them batted down last week. Oakland has a tall defense line could see a couple more.

D.Moore > anyone of the Dolphins WR's. let's be real.

Oakland's defensive line is overlooked IMO. They're tough, and Seymour is probably going to throw our RT Martin around like a rag doll.

and yes D. Moore is easily > than any of our WR's.

I see Oakland as having more talent than we do, and the only reason I think it could be a close game is because Oakland has the big trip to Miami and because I think our Defense will give up some big plays but will hold in the red zone.....Oakland 10, Miami 13.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
I do not think this game is a gimmie, Oakland could back to work and make a turn around, so please dont get it twisted and think this is a lock, Palmer is not washed up and has some good weapons to move the ball around. If Oaklands D would wake up they could be a very diffrent team this season. I see this game being more within reach as a win then last week. Two things will matter here, whoever runs the ball better, and whoever makes the most of oppertunities given to them.

I see Tanney getting his first TD this game. I also think Smith gets INT, Wake with 1 1/2 sacks.

Raiders 23 Dolphins 16

Wo, wo, wo, wo!!! "Gimmie?" Why would anyone every associate the Miami Dolphins and "gimmie" in the same sentence? Laughing Miami is among the worst teams in the NFL so I do not understand why anyone will ever think a game is a gimmie. You take the worst team in the NFL and put them against Miami and the game is sure to end up 3-0. I think the Raiders have more talent than Miami. Hell, I think the Raiders have the talent to be a better than average team. I expect the Raiders to win this game but the fact they played on Monday Night and had to fly cross country for an early game equalizes this matchup.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck guys

Quote:
Nannee could walk on as the #1 WR in Oak today !!!

Laughing
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, that attendance is absolutely atrocious.
FOOTBALLFAN08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannehill is atrocious

I didn't give the Dolphins any real credit in my post because I wanted to agitate FOOTBALLFAN08, in the event he was still checking this thread.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FOOTBALLFAN08"]Tannehill is atrocious[/quote

At least he hasn't turned the ball over. That's a plus.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast run by Reggie.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REGGIEEEEEEE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: