Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins, Its not so bad
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Week 2: Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins, Its not so bad Reply with quote

Seriously! The defense was pretty good for the situation it was thrust into. Especially against the run. And the Raiders defense isn't the super elite crew that the Texans are.

Obviously the main focus is Ryan Tannehill dealing with his early adversity. I'm glad he took his hits early and lets see how he deals with it.

FF Member #67
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 1st of about 10 games I think we have a real shot at winning and thankfully we've got home-field advantage!

This could go well! Very Happy
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited. Our defense should have a good day while our offense, if they can minimize the mistakes and keep to the run, should be able to get some points. The game should be close.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Hartline is healthy I think we win...

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Judson49

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Week 2: Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins, Its not so bad Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Seriously! The defense was pretty good for the situation it was thrust into. Especially against the run. And the Raiders defense isn't the super elite crew that the Texans are.

Obviously the main focus is Ryan Tannehill dealing with his early adversity. I'm glad he took his hits early and lets see how he deals with it.

SUPER ELITE??? Now you're just doing it for effect!

What's next? Super Uber Elite?

I'm hopeful that the Dolphins can get a win here too. However, I also think it's an indication of what kind of team the Dolphins are that they played much better than I was expecting on Sunday and held their own for a large part of a half, giving me more cause for optimism than I have had for some time ....and lost by 20, didn't score an offensive TD, turned the ball over on 3 straight plays, didn't look like creating a turnover themselves and essentially capitulated on D after things went bad.

It's going to be a long, long road to recovery for Miami.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm excited to see what changes are made on offense. Did anyone else notice that the phins didnt roll Tanne out at all, and didn't have many naked bootlegs?. I think that the batted passes can be corrected by moving Tanne in the pocket, at least the D-line will have to play on their toes. We are finally going to see what Miller is capable of, with Thomas out. I predict we win based on a strong running game.

Miami 23, Raiders 17.
Bush with 1 rushing TD.
Bess with a TD.
3 FG's. I still think we will struggle in the red zone.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders looked horrible, hopefully we win.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll actually win this one. Tannehill may not shine, but with Bush playing pretty well last week and the defense doing a great job when the opposing offense starts outside of their territory, I have confidence.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the game is definitely winnable, if the Raiders get a couple scores early I doubt we have the capability at QB or WR to play catch-up. Worst case scenario, Tannehill has another game where he can attempt 30+ passes and gain some more experience. The Raiders have big-play capability through the air and on the ground, so stopping that will be key. We can't be giving up 20-30 yard chunks on every other drive.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we can score an offensive touchdown this week. We'll play better against a weaker opponent but I think Oakland wins it.

Oakland 19, Miami 17

Nacho Simulation Football League
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I do not understand about the Raiders defense is they have the talent to be great. It puzzles me they are not better. I think Miami is still trying to find their identity. I think the defense will keep Miami into the game but Tanney will turn the ball over at least twice, therefore giving the Raiders the win 17-6.
phinmun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the Raiders / Chargers game again (don't ask why) and I have to say, they leave a lot to be desired. The Dolphins--with home-field advantage--should do well. I think Miami's biggest problem will be the screens to McFadden. He might hurt as a receiver given his speed out of the backfield but other than that I doubt Oakland's offense will do much.

Oakland's TEs are good but not great. They will hurt us but they won't torch us. Unless our DBs blow it and we give up several big plays over the top I don't see Oakland's offense doing much to out-match our defense. We're just not out-matched by what Oakland has to go with.

The Oakland O-line also allowed quite a lot of pressure late in the game and there's no reason to believe that with Wake, Starks, Soliai, Odrick and Vernon rushing him that we can't do just what the Chargers did.

Will we look astounding on the ground? Eh, I doubt that. I expect to see about what we saw last week. The Raiders defense isn't as strong but I think Miami's passing game will look a little more in rhythm. I expect a lot of runs but a more controlled passing attack with Tannehill getting more time in the pocket and a couple big plays to Hartline and Armstrong.

I'll take the Dolphins here....uh, 20-13 for a big home-showing of the new kid under center.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see where we have a clear edge over the Raiders this week. I think the game is a toss up. If we lose I'm pretty sure the fan base will look like this....................

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 3, Tackles 5 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 3 : Death 17 Joe 7
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Well, I'm excited to see what changes are made on offense. Did anyone else notice that the phins didnt roll Tanne out at all, and didn't have many naked bootlegs?. I think that the batted passes can be corrected by moving Tanne in the pocket, at least the D-line will have to play on their toes. We are finally going to see what Miller is capable of, with Thomas out. I predict we win based on a strong running game.

Miami 23, Raiders 17.
Bush with 1 rushing TD.
Bess with a TD.
3 FG's. I still think we will struggle in the red zone.

First

I did & I mentioned it here as well.
That has to change ASAP !

Second
I also watched the Oak gm as I have all 4 of their Pre Season gms since their stadium is 3 Mi from my house & half of my co workers .... you get the idea.

If Dolphin fans think we have the worst WRs in the gm I would have to vehemently dissagree ... Oak does.
Nannee could walk on as the #1 WR in Oak today !!!

Palmer stopped throwing the ball in the 4th to anyone other than McFadden.
We stop him & we win, that simple.
The Oak Off line struggled at times with an aneimic S.D. pass rush, just wait till they face Soliai, Starks & Wake.

I'm not saying this will be an easy victory nor a pretty one but ...
I dub this one the "You Suck Worse than we Do Bowl".

Whomever does the best job at not self destructing ... wins, that simple.

I have not incited anything here & already the trash talking has started here for me but ...
they will rue the day if Tanney can settle down & not loose, I promise you.

I will strap my Dolphin flag to the roof of my car driving past their practice facility here in
Alameda & their stadium on I-880 with my middle finger pointed right at them.
Just loose Moron Smile

I don't think I will survive the following wk if we win this one boys, they have to pay.

My name is SUG & I approve this message !!

GO DOLPHINS !!!!
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think this game is a gimmie, Oakland could back to work and make a turn around, so please dont get it twisted and think this is a lock, Palmer is not washed up and has some good weapons to move the ball around. If Oaklands D would wake up they could be a very diffrent team this season. I see this game being more within reach as a win then last week. Two things will matter here, whoever runs the ball better, and whoever makes the most of oppertunities given to them.

I see Tanney getting his first TD this game. I also think Smith gets INT, Wake with 1 1/2 sacks.

Raiders 23 Dolphins 16

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: