Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Handshake Part II: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
Jim Harbaugh
80%
 80%  [ 38 ]
Jim Schwartz
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 47

GoLdRuSh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we kind of go a bit vanilla on the play calling after the lead or is it just me?
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoLdRuSh wrote:
Did we kind of go a bit vanilla on the play calling after the lead or is it just me?

We always do. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Lions fan I just want to say that you have a great great defense. I wish our D came out that hungry and prepared to work as a unit. You could tell from the first to last snap that the D was ready to lay out the big hits and it really showed us up ad far as our D goes.

You have some great offensive weapons as well. What is the general 49er fan's view on Smith? I would call him a smart player and game manager (not in a bad way) but would you want to upgrade there?

Great job on the win. Well earned. See you in the playoffs where we will destroy you. Wink
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
As a Lions fan I just want to say that you have a great great defense. I wish our D came out that hungry and prepared to work as a unit. You could tell from the first to last snap that the D was ready to lay out the big hits and it really showed us up ad far as our D goes.

You have some great offensive weapons as well. What is the general 49er fan's view on Smith? I would call him a smart player and game manager (not in a bad way) but would you want to upgrade there?

Great job on the win. Well earned. See you in the playoffs where we will destroy you. Wink

Another QB could possibly make more plays, but it wouldn't work as well with our overall philosophy. Alex is the perfect QB tp chew up time and protecting the ball. With another QB, we'd probably have to have our defense on the field a lot more, which would limit its effectiveness. That's one of the keys to our defense. It can play all-out from beginning to end, because it doesn't have to go on long stretches on the field. We get many 3 and outs, go back on the bench, rest, and go all-out for another 3 and out. So, I think we all support Alex right now.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
What is the general 49er fan's view on Smith? I would call him a smart player and game manager (not in a bad way) but would you want to upgrade there?

Thank you. I think Alex is a top 10 QB... really do. I understand if people struggle to rate him quite that highly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
What is the general 49er fan's view on Smith? I would call him a smart player and game manager (not in a bad way) but would you want to upgrade there?

Thank you. I think Alex is a top 10 QB... really do. I understand if people struggle to rate him quite that highly.

I dunno about top 10 but the dude is smart, makes the right plays, and he is used the right way finally.

He seems really confident out there. I'm glad he is succeeding.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

I dunno about top 10 but the dude is smart, makes the right plays, and he is used the right way finally.

He seems really confident out there. I'm glad he is succeeding.

Thanks again... and me too. I think he really deserves it for putting up with... well, more adversity than any QB I have ever watched over the years. Alex really is perfect for Harbaugh's system. After the few elite QBs, I think that the 2nd tier of QBs is large and ambiguous... so rating the next dozen gets very subjective and unsteady.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows what Alex's state would be if he was asked to go out and throw for a ton of yards or if our defense was bad, but I gotta say he's doing what he's asked to do as good or better than anyone in the league. He's had maybe 3 bad passes so far this year???? And his command at the line of scrimmage is ridiculous. He's getting manning-esque at the line. Not there yet, but he's more confident each snap. My prediction: Kaep will NEVER be a starter here. Why get rid of a probowl, superbowl winning qb?????
c0insnap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

straighthate wrote:
Who knows what Alex's state would be if he was asked to go out and throw for a ton of yards or if our defense was bad, but I gotta say he's doing what he's asked to do as good or better than anyone in the league. He's had maybe 3 bad passes so far this year???? And his command at the line of scrimmage is ridiculous. He's getting manning-esque at the line. Not there yet, but he's more confident each snap. My prediction: Kaep will NEVER be a starter here. Why get rid of a probowl, superbowl winning qb?????

Uhhh... Confused

I guess I'm the biggest Smith "hater" here, but even I'll admit that he's been outstanding this year. But c'mon now, Manning at the line? Pro-Bowl/Super Bowl winner? Let's calm down just a little bit.

Beast
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
straighthate wrote:

Uhhh... Confused

I guess I'm the biggest Smith "hater" here, but even I'll admit that he's been outstanding this year. But c'mon now, Manning at the line? Pro-Bowl/Super Bowl winner? Let's calm down just a little bit.

Yes, especially since Peyton had THREE INTS lastnight! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Not interested in the Manning comparison thus far this year. I'll take Alex, thank you (not that any of you are surprised at all). Cool
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rage inside me has lightened up. Good game, fellas.

*Reaches out hand for a handshake*

*Beats everybody in here up*

Ya, that's how we do it.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
The rage inside me has lightened up. Good game, fellas.

*Reaches out hand for a handshake*

*Beats everybody in here up*

Ya, that's how we do it.

Don't you mean chase after us all red-faced as the world laughs at you?

Shocked Shocked Shocked ( oh noez, he didn't! )

Just messin' with ya LionsFTW... Your Lions will bounce back and have a good season... just don't go getting in our way again if ya know what's good for ya.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
GoLdRuSh wrote:

We always do. Sad

Every.single.time. Well, except for the Bucs game last year. We need to do more of that. Minus the injury, of course.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55
Page 55 of 55

Jump to: