Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Handshake Part II: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
Jim Harbaugh
80%
 80%  [ 38 ]
Jim Schwartz
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 47

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Chris needs to shut the hell up lol.

Was that addressed to me? Confused

You likey Alex? Me likey Alex a lot and for long time!! Razz

Now, as I have been saying for MONTHS now, we have GOT to upgrade the 2nd TE spot! Walker has been targeted FIVE times in these 2 games and has ONE catch! Oh, how I wish we had chosen...I will shut up now! Wink
No, Collinsworth talking crap about us not getting Manning. It's done, I'm over it. I hate when we're winning and he talks about how much better we'd be with Manning. What ifs are stupid right now.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Now, as I have been saying for MONTHS now, we have GOT to upgrade the 2nd TE spot! Walker has been targeted FIVE times in these 2 games and has ONE catch! Oh, how I wish we had chosen...I will shut up now! Wink
No, Collinsworth talking crap about us not getting Manning. It's done, I'm over it. I hate when we're winning and he talks about how much better we'd be with Manning. What ifs are stupid right now.

Ah! Sorry, my mistake. I forgot all about Collinsworthless! I remember him talking about that now that you mention it. Indeed, the "what ifs" get tiresome, pointless. Besides, we all know Chris hates the 9ers due to beating him and his Bengals TWICE in the SB.
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I can't wait to watch this game later today. I was there, and sitting near the south endzone, so it was difficult to see certain parts when they'd move to the other side of the field.

Is it just me or does it seem like we're not getting much pressure at all? I understand not being able to take Rodgers down last week, but I was expecting us to put Stafford on his back a lot more.

I'm loving what Alex is doing. His pre-snap reads are impressive, and he looks like he's still growing. I was confident that Kap would be starting next year, but it looks like he'll be on the bench a bit more than I thought. I'm just nit-picking here, but there were some plays were Moss got one on one and I would have liked him to take a shot.

Pressure isn't there like I would hope, but we have played 2 high octane offenses the last two weeks and have been more worried about coverage. We do seem to turn up the heat and let the dogs out in the 4th though. It happened in both games. It's like the whole D line turns it up.

BTW anytime Aldon sees any glimpse of daylight the QBs let the ball go immediately. His presence is felt for sure. Plays don't get the chance to develop.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams have been getting rid of the ball quickly and on a lot of plays we are only rushing three down lineman. We will play more base defense against the Vikings so I will be more worried if we don't get pressure on them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Thoughts?

Not much liking our players talking crap like that. Love the confidence, but to me, it looks like poor winners to be saying this after a win... deserved or not. I prefer the "let our actions speak for themselves on the field" approach.

I agree with you oldie. its ok for one of us fans to brag like that but if/when we lose we would all be peed off if the opponent bragged like that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

right....it doesnt matter now, we knew we would be a very good playoff time as is anyway. we would be better with mike wallace too....so what!! we are winning impressively as is!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats:

Red Zone: 4 trips 4 TDs this season(not counting the one FG because the only play they played within the 20 on that drive was the 4th down FG)

Lions TDs: 1
49ers Sacks: 2(will prob be corrected to 3 as Aldon should have been awarded the sack on that reversal of the yards on the sack)

Alex Smith has thrown 2 tds in each of the first two games. At the present rate if every game goes like the first two for Alex he is on pace for 32 TDs.

3 = the number of TDs the 49ers defense allowed against the Packers and Lions offenses combined.

17 = the combined number of TDs the Lions and Packers scored at this point last season.

100.5 = Frank Gore's average rushing yards per game

115.9 = Alex Smith's present QB rating

45.6 = Andy Lee's Yards per Punt average

55 = What Andy Lee's Yards per Punt average would be if the refs called the blocks in the back during Cobb's punt return TD against GB.

28 = total lead not including the fourth quarter of each game

16 = total margin of victory

120 = number of minutes the 49ers have spent not trailing in a game.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff, how about opposing teams QB ratings against us? Also, even if they give Aldon Smith the sack, we would still have two for the game. All it does is take away from Ray McDonald and credit it to Aldon Smith. Personally, Ray Mac deserves at least a half sack for tripping Stafford..............................

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the game, and Walker needs to go. He's bordering Norris territory with how he's playing, just a liability on the field.

Couple other points....

- Crabs was spectacular moving the chains, but had that bad drop earlier which almost resulted in a pick.

- We need Ginn back, healthy, and we need to re-sign him.....whatever he wants, give it to him.

- Harbaugh has tailored this offense perfectly with our personnel, and we can be deadly in the playoffs with how balanced we are.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great new commerical of Patrick Willis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdRrP1Kh9TU&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niner530 wrote:
Great new commerical of Patrick Willis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdRrP1Kh9TU&feature=youtu.be

So happy he's a 49er.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I just watched the game, and Walker needs to go. He's bordering Norris territory with how he's playing, just a liability on the field.

Couple other points....

- Crabs was spectacular moving the chains, but had that bad drop earlier which almost resulted in a pick.

- We need Ginn back, healthy, and we need to re-sign him.....whatever he wants, give it to him.

- Harbaugh has tailored this offense perfectly with our personnel, and we can be deadly in the playoffs with how balanced we are.

What I liked is when Crabtree was asked about all the great catches he made, he referred to the one he dropped and said I needed to redeem myself. If he had caught that, Crabtree had a easy 15 yard gain.

What did you think of the fleaflicker we tried on the first snap after halftime LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
"Look at the game. We killed them. Every single pressure they got was cheap. It was on a keep or something like that. They weren't beating us one on one. We ran for about 200 yards (148 yards) on the so-called best D-line in all of football."

When told that it sounds as if Staley believes the Lions' defensive line -- consisting of Ndamukong Suh, Cliff Avril, Kyle Vanden Bosch and Corey Williams -- is overrated, Staley offered confirmation.

"Extremely," he said. "I've never been impressed by the Detroit Lions' defensive line."

Quote:
Said Davis, "They think highly of themselves. I heard they said they were the best D-line in the league or something. I feel that's disrespectful to other good defensive lines

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-O-line-not-impressed-with-Lions-fr?blockID=774513&feedID=5936

Thoughts?

I don't like it. The game is over, don't gloat. I also don't like hearing this from our o-line. They have played well so far, but they aren't exactly an elite squad.
Brodie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams fan here. Ive always hated the niners with a passion, growing up in the Bay it was either you love the Raiders or Niners. But man you guys got a serious football team on your hands. I love the defense, Bowman is a beast I wanted him in the draft when he came out. The NFC west is looking like hell of a division this year. Who woulda thought Alex Smith would ever turn into anything remotely good lol

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Couple other points....

What I liked is when Crabtree was asked about all the great catches he made, he referred to the one he dropped and said I needed to redeem myself. If he had caught that, Crabtree had a easy 15 yard gain.

What did you think of the fleaflicker we tried on the first snap after halftime LOL.

I'm thinking we should stop doing flea flickers or any trick play that requires the ball to be toss by someone other than the QB Laughing. I can't think of one time where we did something like that and it netted us positive yards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55

Jump to: