Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Handshake Part II: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
Jim Harbaugh
80%
 80%  [ 38 ]
Jim Schwartz
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 47

Jeebs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
I think we dominate this game. And wind by a large margin. They have cj on offense an that's it. No run game I speak of. Stafford forces it to cj very play. And although it worked all last season. Even the rams got it this year.

We got this one.

They get it to Pettigrew (SP?) quite often. I think he had close to 100 receiving yards against the Rams.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Patrick Willis (see sig).
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we put a beating on Stafford, we should be fine.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
I think we dominate this game. And wind by a large margin. They have cj on offense an that's it. No run game I speak of. Stafford forces it to cj very play. And although it worked all last season. Even the rams got it this year.

We got this one.

Just giving you a heads up, Stafford only targeted Johnson 7 times against the Rams.
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

We got this one.

Just giving you a heads up, Stafford only targeted Johnson 7 times against the Rams.

I actually don't think going after CJ is the key. If we can stop Stafford from being upright, I think we win.

BlaqOptic wrote:
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

We got this one.

Not one INT Stafford threw was to Calvin.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

We got this one.

Not one INT Stafford threw was to Calvin.

And he didn't throw them when under pressure. His INT's were just a reflection of his head not being in the game. He seemed so out of it and just made terrible decisions when he had all the time in the world to throw.

The Rams won the TOP battle, but Lions had 28 first downs compared to the Rams 14. We almost doubled their total yards, and we won the penalty battle. Our OL held Robert Quinn and Chris Long and the rest of the defense to just one pressure that ended up in a sack.

On the first drive alone, Stafford hit 5 different receivers.

Lions absolutely dominated the game against the Rams in every aspect except our QB play. Our secondary was good, our front 7 was ferocious. Our running game was on. Our OL was fantastic.

Saying that Stafford forces it to Calvin is ignorant... as he was 4th on our team in targets. Pettigrew, Scheffler and Burleson all had more targets than Calvin, yet Calvin still had 110+ yards.

This is going to be a tough game, but don't think it's going to be a cakewalk.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

We got this one.

I actually don't think going after CJ is the key. If we can stop Stafford from being upright, I think we win.

IMO, that was the key to you guys winning last year. Stafford never had time to throw and as a result our offense stalled for multiple drives. I remember Justin Smith and Aldon were just dominating our Oline.
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

We got this one.

IMO, that was the key to you guys winning last year. Stafford never had time to throw and as a result our offense stalled for multiple drives. I remember Justin Smith and Aldon were just dominating our Oline.

Have you guys improved the OL at all?

BlaqOptic wrote:
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be a big game for us. The home opener on Sunday night in front of all of America. Everything is on our side for Sunday's game. I see a similar game, stuffing the hell out of their run game and forcing them to be one dimensional on offense.

Their defense was good against the run on the Rams. We have a better run game than the Rams so hopefully Frank can get another 100 this week. I think Alex can get in a rhythm and shake up their pass defense. Run game plus quick dump offs and intermediate throws will open up for the big gains later in the game.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:

Sig bet
Jeebs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
mrscottso wrote:

Who is that? Is he any good? Is he starting/playing? I know that the saying is "a picture is worth 1,000 words" but in this case it doesn't help much.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
mrscottso wrote:

Who is that? Is he any good? Is he starting/playing? I know that the saying is "a picture is worth 1,000 words" but in this case it doesn't help much.
Riley Reiff out of Iowa. I remember Mayock being real high on him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for sunday!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/movie-trailers/09000d5d8285a5c2/Detroit-Lions-vs-San-Francisco-49ers-movie-trailer

If Gore is going to get his yards, its going to have to be towards the sideline, our interior DL and LB's are playing the run as good as anyone in the NFL right now. Detroit's two backup DT's, Fairley and Hill, are run-stopping monsters and would be starters on any 4-3 defense in the league. Make no mistake, Alex Smith will have to pass deep in order to win this game, which might not be all that hard to do against our secondary, but regardless, the running game won't be bailing him out like last year's match-up.
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andjordand wrote:
Can't wait for sunday!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/movie-trailers/09000d5d8285a5c2/Detroit-Lions-vs-San-Francisco-49ers-movie-trailer

If Gore is going to get his yards, its going to have to be towards the sideline, our interior DL and LB's are playing the run as good as anyone in the NFL right now. Detroit's two backup DT's, Fairley and Hill, are run-stopping monsters and would be starters on any 4-3 defense in the league. Make no mistake, Alex Smith will have to pass deep in order to win this game, which might not be all that hard to do against our secondary, but regardless, the running game won't be bailing him out like last year's match-up.

With Moss and VD, I think we will run easier this year.

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 2 of 55

Jump to: