You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 ups/ 5 downs vs saints
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: 5 ups/ 5 downs vs saints Reply with quote

Uppers

1. Robert Lee Griffin III! Welcome to the nfl young man
2. Pierre garçon! Obviously he was worth the $$. Hopefully the foot is ok
3. Alfred Morris, can you say Stephen Davis 2.0?? Love him (no homo)
4. Dejon Gomes, had an int and almost returned it for a td. He was all over
5. Billy Cundiff, nearly broke the goal posts with his booming kickoffs and was perfect on his field goals

Downers

1. Pierre Garçons foot injury, I hope it's not too serious
2. Jordan Bernsteins injury, it looked like a broken leg, not good.
3. The secondary at times looked a bit shaky vs the saints, but they have a great passing game

4. The run blocking at times didn't looke very good. I think/know it will get better though as the season goes on

5. The late hits by our safeties Gomes and Williams. That shouldn't happen, they know better

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a young ”bad”” team with ”no chance” to win it was great. We put 40 points,on them. No bad. Mistakes happen to every team.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Chris Baker; 11 Tackles,1 Sack,1 FF
mcshiny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major 'downer' for me was the blocked punt. Lapses in concentration like that have killed far better teams.

But for now, enjoy the win guys, as TSF21 said we put up 40 on one of the best teams in the league, in their own backyard. Silenced a lot of doubters too. Great day! Laughing
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcshiny wrote:
The major 'downer' for me was the blocked punt. Lapses in concentration like that have killed far better teams.

But for now, enjoy the win guys, as TSF21 said we put up 40 on one of the best teams in the league, in their own backyard. Silenced a lot of doubters too. Great day! Laughing

Completely agreed on both points. Not impressed with our special teams minus Cundiff. Speaking of Cundiff, who knows what would've happened if he wasn't our kicker? Shocked
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 10 10 10 = 40
That consistency is good. All the adjustments the Saints made had no effect.

Saints went 7 7 3 15
15 is to much to have allowed.

4th quarter Saint drives:
Drive: 6 plays, 58 yards in 1:04
Drive: 10 plays, 80 yards in 0:53.

So my only real down is the late effort by the D. Thats 2 very quick scoring drives. But nothing I dont think cant be worked on this week.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
10 10 10 10 = 40

Saints went 7 7 3 15

So my only real down is the late effort by the D. Thats 2 very quick scoring drives. But nothing I dont think cant be worked on this week.
I'm not too concerned it was the 4th quarter, our offense quit moving the ball which meant the D was out there more and we don't face Brees, Colston and Graham every week

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything was good. The D has no complaints other than that 4th and 10 TD we gave up and a good amount of dropped pick and 15 yard penalities .
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
10 10 10 10 = 40

Saints went 7 7 3 15

they scored alot because of missed oppertunities it would be 3rd and 10 than the flag comes in other than tha they did good in coverage and in my mind we should of held them down to 20 if not for that punt. Also not to mention vanilla defense to waste the clock.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
10 10 10 10 = 40

I noticed that after the game too and was impressed. Good Call

I was really impressed by the D, our secondary in particular. There are some plays that you are just not going to stop when you play the Saints. But we didn't keep allowing those same plays over and over (like Graham's TD)

I thought the playcalling, while not the greatest Every single play, was obviously done with excellent designs on how and when to attack.

For downs... They may have been a little too cute running Griffin, but when you have that talent there you HAVE to explore some option plays etc at some point. So in the end I understood what they were doing in keeping the Defense completely Off-balance. The threat of Griffin running kept the D stretched out unless they did bunch- type formations, and the threat Froze a LB when RG3 threw to Robinson for a TD.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, Rakpo! Catch one of those balls!
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I didn't wanna start a new thread for this but I think a Big Big UP was Raheem Morris

I think his coaching the secondary really helped us move our DB's around alot and mesh well

I don't see us putting this cast out there last year and having that kind of success at all. From Griffin stripping Colston to Gomes' pick to even Hall's sack and all the other good plays -- they happened because our guys were in the right place at the right time-- that's not just great plays, that's great coaching too

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet... No turnovers! That's incredible. I'm extremely impressed with our offense. Not only did our offense have at least 1 turnover every game last year, but in every game he played in, Rex Grossman had at least 1 turnover per game! Shocked
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet... No turnovers! That's incredible. I'm extremely impressed with our offense. Not only did our offense have at least 1 turnover every game last year, but in every game he played in, Rex Grossman had at least 1 turnover per game! Shocked

That is awesome. Cause I was expecting a couple with the growing pains on offense.
But we just didnt see any of that. Even with new QB RB and couple WRs. They were crisp as any out there.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/09/saints-say-redskins-approach-with-griffin-didnt-surprise-them/

Quote:
“They did the things that we expected,” said Aaron Kromer, who’s serving as the Saints’ head coach with Sean Payton and Joe Vitt suspended. “That’s the hard part to take. It was the things we practiced, the things we expected. And we didn’t play well enough to win.”

Griffin had a dazzling NFL debut, running the ball effectively along with putting up big passing numbers. The Saints said they were impressed.

“He was very poised,” defensive end Will Smith said. “You could tell he was the leader of that team. He kept those guys together offensively. He just came out and played well. He made decisions. He didn’t rush anything. He didn’t try to run every time things didn’t look good. He made a lot of good plays and played a good game.”

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Chief_Zee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric Griffin had a real nice game out there, thought it deserved a mention. Just about did as well as he could have against this Saints passing attack, imo. Surprised the hell out of me, that's for sure.

Josh Wilson also had a real solid game. Love the consistency he brings to the table game in and game out.

^Jamison. on the masterpiece^

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: