Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus, screw your head on straight, man!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Titus, screw your head on straight, man! Reply with quote

My only rant after the game on Sunday...

Titus has a serious problem. If he doesn't get his temper in check and grow up, the will not see the light of day. We saw yesterday that Schwartz isn't going to put up with it. Titus pretty much sat the entire second half after the personal foul penalty.

Did anyone else notice how Titus dressed completely different than the team? He wore a single white arm sleeve, white tall socks and white shoes. No other Lion had a uni even close to it. He is an individual playing a team sport right now. This guy is full of pride and is all about himself, not the team.

I was thrilled when he was drafted. Loved watching him play with BSU. He's an amazing talent and I want him to succeed. He could have an incredible year- and career.

Then only thing that stands in the way of Titus Young, is Titus Young.
Dwight_Schrute

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand the personal foul penalty; I hate anybody on our team getting those.

Are you really making your assessment based on his uniform though? He wore the same thing last year. I'd rather have him be comfortable, so that is one less thing on his mind out there playing football. His socks, or arm sleeve was a non-issue for me.

I do agree though that he is the only person standing in his way. He is quite the cocky player, but that is because he is confident. If he can be consistent while doing so, I wouldn't mind so much. Though, I'm entirely fond of receivers who play up their theatrics.
LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight_Schrute wrote:
I can understand the personal foul penalty; I hate anybody on our team getting those.

Are you really making your assessment based on his uniform though? He wore the same thing last year. I'd rather have him be comfortable, so that is one less thing on his mind out there playing football. His socks, or arm sleeve was a non-issue for me.

I do agree though that he is the only person standing in his way. He is quite the cocky player, but that is because he is confident. If he can be consistent while doing so, I wouldn't mind so much. Though, I'm entirely fond of receivers who play up their theatrics.

It's the whole package. For someone who's in the dog house on a short leash, its in his best interest to be as much a team player as he can be. Yes, that includes the uniform. It was the first thing I noticed about him- he stood our from everyone else. Confident and cocky are one thing. Immature and self-centered completely different.

Considering his past, if this wasn't such a big deal, Schwartz wouldn't have sat him. Clearly, it was a big deal.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionFanRoxy wrote:
Dwight_Schrute wrote:

It's the whole package. For someone who's in the dog house on a short leash, its in his best interest to be as much a team player as he can be. Yes, that includes the uniform. It was the first thing I noticed about him- he stood our from everyone else. Confident and cocky are one thing. Immature and self-centered completely different.

Considering his past, if this wasn't such a big deal, Schwartz wouldn't have sat him. Clearly, it was a big deal.

I disagree with the uniform thing. Go ahead and be an individual as long as it doesn't take anything away from the team. His bone headed actions are what take away from the team, not the type of socks he wears.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude can wear those white socks. Just needs to keep his head on straight and not hurt the team with dumb headed plays.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with the OP, I don't like him wearing a different uni. I normally wouldn't care, and if it was anyone else I probably wouldn't, but given his past I don't want him drawing any extra attention to himself. It does feel like its a "look at me" type situation with him and he needs to get over the ego. I highly doubt white socks are for comfort. Also him changing his uni to say Young Sr. is dumb. Just another thing to draw attention to himself. I thought t was because he wanted to prove his maturity but it isn't working.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
LionFanRoxy wrote:
Dwight_Schrute wrote:

I disagree with the uniform thing. Go ahead and be an individual as long as it doesn't take anything away from the team. His bone headed actions are what take away from the team, not the type of socks he wears.

It's not a uniform the way he wears it. When I first saw him take the field I wondered when he had time to attend clown school.

I agree with Roxy. He needs to get his head right.

As for the uniform if they all dress as individuals then it ceases to become a uniform. He should take his cues from the two successful receivers on the Lions.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with his uniform, I do however have a problem with Backus' uniform. Please no see through pants while wearing a jock strap.

Click here
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish

Last edited by IDOG_det on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dwight_Schrute

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I don't have a problem with his uniform, I do however have a problem with Backus' uniform. Please no see through pants while wearing a jock strap.

I can only imagine what is going through Stafford's head when he has to reach down under center - and sees THAT.

I'm sure Raiola isn't much better, lol.
InfernalPhoenix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus Young can wear a rainbow arm sleeve with tie-dye sock patterns as long as he keeps his cool out on the field.

AAL: Kevin Smith
29 carries | 115 yards | 4.0 avg | 1 TD
6 catches | 46 yards | 1 TD
LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight_Schrute wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I can only imagine what is going through Stafford's head when he has to reach down under center - and sees THAT.

I'm sure Raiola isn't much better, lol.

I saw it and threw up in my mouth a little. Just be thankful the pants arent white. Nike can do better.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't the only player to wear a uniform that didn't look exactly like the others. I saw at least one other player. I believe it was Osgood. I also don't have a problem with the uniform. I would probably do the same thing, honestly. But, his attitude is stupid. Schwartz needs to get Titus to calm down, and I liked that he sat him down (except my fantasy team hated it). Hopefully he can grow up quick. He has a lot of talent.
lizardking28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what was with the Nike jerseys. Backus' sweat making the pants see through? The material of the jerseys such that the sweat bleeds through tremendously on certain parts, and not at all on other parts, making them look dual colored. It was strange. Maybe just them trying to make the material light and breezy
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Click here

Hilarious

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Click here

When me and my girlfriend seen that in the game, she said "no wonder matt is throwing interceptions"

Lmao

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: