Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus, screw your head on straight, man!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
lizardking28 wrote:
So what happened to the preseason talk of Titus stepping it up this year? So far he has shown absolutely nothing. I know it's early, but I think he's made like 1 notable catch (which was in preseason) all through preseason and the first few weeks (1 catch in each reg season game).

He once again showed he lacked self discipline, he has not been getting seperation, gave up on a play yesterday against the niners, pushed off on another. He is close or has, lost more yards than he's gained us through the first two games. He just hasn't even looked good. We really need another WR to step up and Titus isn't doing it. Hopefully he does and we wont have to look elsewhere after the season is over.

It's week 2.

It's only week two however Titus hasn't been playing poorly, he's been invisible.

2 catches for 25 yards and 1 rush for 11 yards simply isn't very good.

Agreed. He needs to step up. But comments about looking elsewhere next season are VERY premature. I doubt a slow start to the season causes the Lions to give up on Titus in just his second season in the league.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
lizardking28 wrote:
So what happened to the preseason talk of Titus stepping it up this year? So far he has shown absolutely nothing. I know it's early, but I think he's made like 1 notable catch (which was in preseason) all through preseason and the first few weeks (1 catch in each reg season game).

He once again showed he lacked self discipline, he has not been getting seperation, gave up on a play yesterday against the niners, pushed off on another. He is close or has, lost more yards than he's gained us through the first two games. He just hasn't even looked good. We really need another WR to step up and Titus isn't doing it. Hopefully he does and we wont have to look elsewhere after the season is over.

It's week 2.

It's only week two however Titus hasn't been playing poorly, he's been invisible.

Agreed. He needs to step up. But comments about looking elsewhere next season are VERY premature. I doubt a slow start to the season causes the Lions to give up on Titus in just his second season in the league.

If the elsewhere were to be a high round draft pick I think I would blow a valve.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
lizardking28 wrote:

It's week 2.

If the elsewhere were to be a high round draft pick I think I would blow a valve.

If the Lions spent anything of high value on WR this up coming offseason, while we have needs in the secondary, OL and possibly LB, I would be upset.

Titus needs to step up and get on the same page as Stafford and earn that #2 WR role, but he's a second year player, which is normall when young players go through slumps, and it's much too early to "look elsewhere" after we've invested so much in him already. Yes, he hit Delmas, and had a stupid penalty in a game so far this season, but that's not enough to dismiss his potential because he's gotten off to a slow start.

Sig by Smack

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
lizardking28 wrote:

It's week 2.

If the Lions spent anything of high value on WR this up coming offseason, while we have needs in the secondary, OL and possibly LB, I would be upset.

Titus needs to step up and get on the same page as Stafford and earn that #2 WR role, but he's a second year player, which is normall when young players go through slumps, and it's much too early to "look elsewhere" after we've invested so much in him already. Yes, he hit Delmas, and had a stupid penalty in a game so far this season, but that's not enough to dismiss his potential because he's gotten off to a slow start.

I don't disagree at all my only point was that he's invisible. Besides they still have Broyles to work into the lineup.

I'm a fan of drafting BPA but unless a skilled position player was a generational talent they hopefully won't be drafting one early. They absolutely have to find a way to improve need areas if they want to take the next step.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. As I've said, Titus is my most disappointing player so far this season. I was expecting him to prove himself this season and so far he's not proving much, besides the critics right.

I really want to see the Lions start to play Broyles. I understand he may not be 100%, but IMO, if he's healthy enough to be active, he's healthy enough to get a few snaps a game, at the very least. He has sure hands, which would really benefit Stafford right now.

I agree regarding BPA. but I also think people get pigeon-holed on positions as far as the draft is concerned. If a skill position is far and away BPA, draft him, we can always make trades later. But if guys are graded out the same, go for the position we need. But when I see fans blast a draft because we didn't draft *insert position* in the first round, I can't help but shake my head.

Sig by Smack

LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna say I told you so, but...

I did.

Quote:
Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz announced Monday that the wide receiver will be inactive for Thursday's game because he put himself above the team during Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000097796/article/titus-young-benched-by-detroit-lions-for-bad-behavior

Quote:

Chris McCosky
‏@cmccosky
Titus Young sent home, inactive for Thursday, largely because of his whining, pouting, sulking about not getting more balls thrown to him

https://twitter.com/cmccosky/status/270660331242651649

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: