Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus, screw your head on straight, man!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
38andy38


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2931
Location: A BlueQuickSilver Sig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Titus wants to stand out maybe being a success on the field would be a good start.

So far he is an average receiver with the potential for improvement, IMO he hasn't shown anything that a dozen other young/small/less additudinal (sp?) players have.

It is a possibility that if he can't get his head straight, especially with the fantastic role model in Calvin to model himself after, he works his way onto the bench and sees Broyles getting time instead.
_________________


2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18064
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If his uniform was a problem at all, Schwartz would have made him change it, or not let him play.

As for his issues, I didn't even see what happened. I seen the flag, as it was our first one, and they said PF on Titus, but didn't replay it. What exactly happened? I know it was on an interception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25680
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
If his uniform was a problem at all, Schwartz would have made him change it, or not let him play.

As for his issues, I didn't even see what happened. I seen the flag, as it was our first one, and they said PF on Titus, but didn't replay it. What exactly happened? I know it was on an interception.

He headbutted Janoris Jenkins.

I agree about the uniform: if Schwartz doesn't care, I don't care. He needs to not do dumb things on the field.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18064
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
If his uniform was a problem at all, Schwartz would have made him change it, or not let him play.

As for his issues, I didn't even see what happened. I seen the flag, as it was our first one, and they said PF on Titus, but didn't replay it. What exactly happened? I know it was on an interception.

He headbutted Janoris Jenkins.

I agree about the uniform: if Schwartz doesn't care, I don't care. He needs to not do dumb things on the field.


Like... was it a headbutt, or did he just put his helmet on his and talked crap?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lizardking28


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 39
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a headbutt. Freep has an article on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18165
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit Lions WR Titus Young made 'a really dumb decision', according to Jim Schwartz


Quote:
Young received a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty for head-butting Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins during the second-quarter of Detroit's 27-23 victory on Sunday. Rams cornerback Cortland Finnegan intercepted Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford in the second quarter, and returned it 31-yards for a touchdown. During that play, Young head-butted Jenkins, a move Schwartz did not endorse after the game.

Quote:
"He did that and that wasn't a smart thing," Schwartz said. "We knew what was going to happen in some situations and him and a couple of guys were sort of going back and forth. That was one of the situations where it was right in front of me the whole time, and it looked like he was going to do the right thing and walk away from it. Then at the last second, (he) turned and made a really dumb decision.

Quote:
"The thing that really helped us the next play was Will Heller made a great play on the kickoff return because they had the ball at midfield, which gives them the ability to sort of free-wheel They can try to onside kick; they tried to sort of chip it behind our front line and chase it, and Will bailed us out that bad decision."

_________________


Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheROARisBACK


Joined: 22 Jan 2011
Posts: 3451
Location: Motor City
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they bench him. They did it to Gosder after his bone head play last season, although they supprosedly benched Young in the second half after the off-season we've had I do it again for the beginning of the 49ers game.
_________________
Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
studdogs


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 843
Location: Linden, Mi
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
If his uniform was a problem at all, Schwartz would have made him change it, or not let him play.

As for his issues, I didn't even see what happened. I seen the flag, as it was our first one, and they said PF on Titus, but didn't replay it. What exactly happened? I know it was on an interception.

He headbutted Janoris Jenkins.

I agree about the uniform: if Schwartz doesn't care, I don't care. He needs to not do dumb things on the field.


Like... was it a headbutt, or did he just put his helmet on his and talked crap?

Bumping paint like NASCAR bumping paint...Holmes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RyanFuller003


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 20099
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
I wonder if they bench him. They did it to Gosder after his bone head play last season, although they supprosedly benched Young in the second half after the off-season we've had I do it again for the beginning of the 49ers game.

Well there was the headbutt, and the play where he ran the wrong route. That's also something he did a few times last year, and he really can't be doing that if he wants to step up and become a starter. Burleson looked really good yesterday too, so Young had better put in some work if he wants to make a better name for himself.

I think criticizing him for the way he dressed is ridiculous though. Yeah he looked goofy, but who cares?
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 24465
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
I wonder if they bench him. They did it to Gosder after his bone head play last season, although they supprosedly benched Young in the second half after the off-season we've had I do it again for the beginning of the 49ers game.

Well there was the headbutt, and the play where he ran the wrong route. That's also something he did a few times last year, and he really can't be doing that if he wants to step up and become a starter. Burleson looked really good yesterday too, so Young had better put in some work if he wants to make a better name for himself.

I think criticizing him for the way he dressed is ridiculous though. Yeah he looked goofy, but who cares?


Obviously some of us care or it wouldn't have been mentioned. Rolling Eyes

One of the issues with the Lions when Schwartz took over was culture. Well it's looking more like he's allowing the past culture to be replaced by a culture of players that lack discipline and a recognition the team comes before the individual. In fairness he has taken steps although pretty minimal.

Titus apparel was distinctive and IMHO designed to draw attention to himself. He looked like a punk and then he acted like a punk with the personal foul.

As a fan all I can say is it's time for players like Young to stop their selfish attention gathering moves and become engaged in team philosophy and become part of something bigger than self indulgence.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1033
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
I wonder if they bench him. They did it to Gosder after his bone head play last season, although they supprosedly benched Young in the second half after the off-season we've had I do it again for the beginning of the 49ers game.

Well there was the headbutt, and the play where he ran the wrong route. That's also something he did a few times last year, and he really can't be doing that if he wants to step up and become a starter. Burleson looked really good yesterday too, so Young had better put in some work if he wants to make a better name for himself.

I think criticizing him for the way he dressed is ridiculous though. Yeah he looked goofy, but who cares?


Obviously some of us care or it wouldn't have been mentioned. Rolling Eyes

One of the issues with the Lions when Schwartz took over was culture. Well it's looking more like he's allowing the past culture to be replaced by a culture of players that lack discipline and a recognition the team comes before the individual. In fairness he has taken steps although pretty minimal.

Titus apparel was distinctive and IMHO designed to draw attention to himself. He looked like a punk and then he acted like a punk with the personal foul.

As a fan all I can say is it's time for players like Young to stop their selfish attention gathering moves and become engaged in team philosophy and become part of something bigger than self indulgence.


This.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25680
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wore the single white sleeve last year against Kansas City. He wore two white sleeves and tall white socks last year against New Orleans. He wore tall white socks last year against Green Bay. I believe he wore black sleeves against San Diego and Carolina.

Nate Burleson often wears a single black sleeve. His maturity hasn't been questioned, and rightfully so.

When it comes to the uniform, players can make certain modifications. Titus is within his rights to do this, and I don't think the team minds in any way. His within-the-rules uniform modifications aren't anywhere close to his illegal on-field actions, in my opinion. I think it's fair to separate the two.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 24465
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Titus wore the single white sleeve last year against Kansas City. He wore two white sleeves and tall white socks last year against New Orleans. He wore tall white socks last year against Green Bay. I believe he wore black sleeves against San Diego and Carolina.

Nate Burleson often wears a single black sleeve. His maturity hasn't been questioned, and rightfully so.

When it comes to the uniform, players can make certain modifications. Titus is within his rights to do this, and I don't think the team minds in any way. His within-the-rules uniform modifications aren't anywhere close to his illegal on-field actions, in my opinion. I think it's fair to separate the two.


I think that's fair TL I just have a different view on the matter. I look at the whole package and I'm not impressed.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25680
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Titus wore the single white sleeve last year against Kansas City. He wore two white sleeves and tall white socks last year against New Orleans. He wore tall white socks last year against Green Bay. I believe he wore black sleeves against San Diego and Carolina.

Nate Burleson often wears a single black sleeve. His maturity hasn't been questioned, and rightfully so.

When it comes to the uniform, players can make certain modifications. Titus is within his rights to do this, and I don't think the team minds in any way. His within-the-rules uniform modifications aren't anywhere close to his illegal on-field actions, in my opinion. I think it's fair to separate the two.


I think that's fair TL I just have a different view on the matter. I look at the whole package and I'm not impressed.

Don't get me wrong here: I prefer uniformity. I will only blame him for boneheaded decisions, though, and not opting to modify his uniform in a legal way.

If he gets that head pointed in the right direction, I think the rest will be tolerable.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RyanFuller003


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 20099
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously don't think it matters in the slightest. CJ wears a distinctive dark visor, is that to draw attention to himself too?
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group