Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Russ Okung hurt...again :l
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
If Seahawks fans are going to give Tarvaris Jackson the 'tough tag' for playing in 11 games with a torn pec, They should look at this kid Okung a little closer and see how tough he really is, His rookie year he played in 12 games with two really bad injuries to his ankles and played at a very good level for an injured rookie. His second year he 're-tweaked' one of this ankles but still played through the season at a high level until the cheap shot from Trent Cole that put him out the rest of the year. and now this knee injury, we will see what he does with it and how he plays, if he comes back and plays the Cowboys and does a good job blocking Ware, Well I say Okung is one tough cookie and deserves the credit as a 'tough guy'...

Put it this way, It's not like Oknug is 'weak' or 'made of glass', how many times have you seen an O-linemen get his leg rolled up on and come up with a torn ACL/MCL/PCL or even a dislocated kneecap?, I say a couple high-ankle sprains and a bruised knee shows how tough Okung really is, You can say it's just 'bad luck' or even the fault of the other o-linemen that can't keep their balance and fall into Oknug's legs.. The problem in this games wasn't Okung (besides the penalties).

Nobody is questioning Okung's toughness but if he can't stay on the field due to high ankle sprains and now a bone bruise it's a waste of a roster spot.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
If Seahawks fans are going to give Tarvaris Jackson the 'tough tag' for playing in 11 games with a torn pec, They should look at this kid Okung a little closer and see how tough he really is, His rookie year he played in 12 games with two really bad injuries to his ankles and played at a very good level for an injured rookie. His second year he 're-tweaked' one of this ankles but still played through the season at a high level until the cheap shot from Trent Cole that put him out the rest of the year. and now this knee injury, we will see what he does with it and how he plays, if he comes back and plays the Cowboys and does a good job blocking Ware, Well I say Okung is one tough cookie and deserves the credit as a 'tough guy'...

Put it this way, It's not like Oknug is 'weak' or 'made of glass', how many times have you seen an O-linemen get his leg rolled up on and come up with a torn ACL/MCL/PCL or even a dislocated kneecap?, I say a couple high-ankle sprains and a bruised knee shows how tough Okung really is, You can say it's just 'bad luck' or even the fault of the other o-linemen that can't keep their balance and fall into Oknug's legs.. The problem in this games wasn't Okung (besides the penalties).

Nobody is questioning Okung's toughness but if he can't stay on the field due to high ankle sprains and now a bone bruise it's a waste of a roster spot.

Who said he was going to miss this game?, I haven't seen any official word that says he's out, or do you just assume he will miss this game?, Oknug has had some bad luck, but to say he's a wasted roster spot is just, ?.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:

Who said he was going to miss this game?, I haven't seen any official word that says he's out, or do you just assume he will miss this game?, Oknug has had some bad luck, but to say he's a wasted roster spot is just, ?.

You can't count on him you have to hold your breathe with him already into his 3rd season and already having to worry with him in the 1st game limping thankfully it was just a bone bruise this time.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:

You can't count on him you have to hold your breathe with him already into his 3rd season and already having to worry with him in the 1st game limping thankfully it was just a bone bruise this time.

I get your concern about his health, I get it. When I think of Okung, I think of Red Bryant. Red was very injury prone early in his career, and in the 2010' season when Clem came flying around the edge and slammed into Red's knee I thought that was the end of his career. but he has bounced back and has been healthy, and I do believe that Okung will have this game kinda start to his career. Every player is just one snap away from a year ending injury when they step on the field.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
If Seahawks fans are going to give Tarvaris Jackson the 'tough tag' for playing in 11 games with a torn pec, They should look at this kid Okung a little closer and see how tough he really is

That's because Tarvaris didn't really have expectations. He was so bad that one of the only good things you could say about him was that he was tough. There are very high expectations for Okung and we've seen how dominant he can be on the field, so the fact that he plays through injuries gets shadowed because we'd rather him just be 100%.

But yes, Okung is tough. He's just had some tough breaks and unfortunately this pattern leads me to believe that he's not the franchise LT we were hoping for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: