Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Are Your Team's Rookies Performing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Blair Walsh - Leads the league in touchbacks and has only missed 1 FG

Harrison Smith - Defensive Rookie of the year candidate. Has made our defensive secondary light years better than it has been in a long time.

Matt Kalil - Well on his way to becoming an elite LT in this league.

Think a one Michael Koenen might be tied with him at 31.

Who the hell cares about a TB? Any kicker in the league can kick a TB. This was more impressive when it was done by the 30...

BBL
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st - Mark Barron
He has turned this defense around. Is putting up great numbers and has been a huge support in the run game, helping turn us into a top 5 run defense and has put up decent tackles without assists.

2nd - Doug Martin
He has really started developing since our passing game has been going. He not only provides us with a all down back but has helped with getting our passing game going. Making defenses respect the run along with providing a threat from the backfield. Needs to work on his catching however.

3rd - Lavonte David
Instant started and hasn't looked back. I believe that he has played around 95 to 97% of the snaps on defense and has made big play after big play. I think he is around 3rd in TFL's. Still working on coverage as he relies a lot on his speed and can sometimes over pursue but looks to be a very great WLB.

5th - Najee Goode
6th - Keith Tandy
7th - Michael Smith
7th - Drake Dunsmore

5th thru 7th haven't gotten much chance to show what they can do in the regular season. Most are surprised we haven't put Smith back on Kickoff duty since he excelled at that in the preseason. I think if Blount gets traded, we will see more of Smith.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Harrison Smith - Defensive Rookie of the year candidate. Has made our defensive secondary light years better than it has been in a long time.

Who the hell cares about a TB? Any kicker in the league can kick a TB. This was more impressive when it was done by the 30...

You're just mad because Greg the leg isn't leading in touchbacks (i'm joking)

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

I agree but when you are talking about consistently putting the other team at the 20 and limiting big plays like players like Harvin can create, I would think it is a big thing. Also looking at only 8 teams are even in the 20 range, would make you think that it still isn't as easy. Granted easier but if it was as easy as claimed, shouldn't everyone be up there. or at least more than half be in the 20 range?? And if Legatron was so great, should he be kicking 100%?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to talk about all of our picks, but for everybody that made fun of our Josh Gordon pick he's been the most productive rookie receiver in the league so far. I see a young Terrell Owens with more reliable hands and a true steal for a 2nd round pick. I think he could be the most talented player in our draft class including Trent and I cannot wait to see him grow. He has a chance of being the most productive receiver from the 2012 and 2013 draft classes.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Akiem Hicks is going to be an absolute stud at DT. Made plays all game against Denver and in his first game with significant playing time, routinely saw double teams, not that thats impressive when you're on the Saints DL Laughing

Not surprising. He looked like a force in preseason. Absolutely rag-dolled one of our starters.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so good last Sun. Overall, for the season, great. Hoping the trend continues against the Panthers.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck - living up to the hype. Already has led game winning drives, still has upside on the table.

Dwayne Allen - landing him in the 3rd looks like a great bargain so far. Already a good all-around TE/H-back type of player.

TY Hilton and Coby Fleener - performing like I'd expect a 2nd round TE and 3rd round WR to. They make some good plays, some mistakes, but the trend is upwards. Fleener's blocking is turning out to be a pleasant surprise.

Vick Ballard - can play as long as the run blocking's there. Has earned himself the #2 job behind Brown and a fair number of carries going forward. Good value in the 5th.

The X-factor of our draft class is Josh Chapman, who's coming back from the ACL injury he played through last year at 'Bama. If he turns out to be our long-term answer at NT (and he's got the chance to), this draft looks like it could be a home run for us. Landing him in the 5th will look like an absolute steal for us if he can come back 100%.

Incomplete: LaVonn Brazil, Justin Anderson, Tim Fugger. Of our 3 later round picks, Brazil shows the most promise going forward. I doubt Anderson or Fugger play meaningful roles for us going forward, but bigger surprises have happened.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
I'm not going to talk about all of our picks, but for everybody that made fun of our Josh Gordon pick he's been the most productive rookie receiver in the league so far. I see a young Terrell Owens with more reliable hands and a true steal for a 2nd round pick. I think he could be the most talented player in our draft class including Trent and I cannot wait to see him grow. He has a chance of being the most productive receiver from the 2012 and 2013 draft classes.

I'm glad to say I was in the minority and thought Gordon was a great pick up for you. I was bummed the Colts didn't land him with the 3rd rounder we bid. I was a little wrong though, because I thought it'd take him till December to become your guys' best WR. Laughing
LTF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta give some props to Mike Adams. Coming off two great weeks of play and his best game of the season against the Redskins. At this point it's going to be hard justifying putting him back to the bench when Gilbert is healthy if he keeps progressing as fast as he is.

In the running game he's a devastating down blocker and has great feet to get out to the second level. Been a key blocker on many of Dwyer and Rainey's longer runs the past couple of weeks. But the biggest obvious improvement is in pass pro. He's getting much more comfortable out there and when he locks onto his guy he's swallowing them up.

Adams was one of those high ceiling/potential picks so I'm glad he's playing as well as he is. Hopefully if the Steelers can get DeCastro back on the field in the next couple of weeks I might actually be excited to watch this o-line play for the first time in many years.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Riley Reiff - Stuck behind long-time starters. Get's a ton of snaps as an extra TE and has impressed a lot; Had a great game vs the Eagles and opens up lanes.

2. Ryan Broyles - Just now getting involved offensively with the injury to Burelson. Knows how to find a soft spot and exploit it. Really nice option.

3. Dwight Bentley - Inconsistent. Still picking up the game after thrusted into a battle for starting role with release of Aaron Berry.

4. Ronnell Lewis - I don't know where he's been...

5. Tahir Whitehead - STer. Showed some potential for the future at LB

6. Chris Greenwood - PUP Sad

6. Jonte Green - Raw, sixth-round pick forced into the starting role the past two weeks because of injuries. Has shown improvement, but still needs to sit and adjust.

7. Travis Lewis - Bench, STer(?)
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackmon just hated Blaine Gabbert.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB Courtney Upshaw: Has gotten better each week. Pretty much exactly the type of player I thought we were getting. Not a dominating pass rusher, but does a great job of sealing the edge, playing the run, and tackling. Perfect replacement for Jarret Johnson.

OT Kelechi Osemele: I've been really impressed with Osemele thus far. He's been playing like our 2nd best lineman (behind Yanda and about equal to Oher) in my opinion. Strong with decent athleticism, he's been really solid.

RB Bernard Pierce: Pierce has proven to be 100% worth the trade we made to go get him in the draft. Averaging over 5 ypc if I remember correctly. Really nice compliment to Rice, he hits the hole with authority and doesn't get too cute with his runs. Runs hard.

OL Gino Gradkowski: Hasn't seen any action, but he was only meant to be depth for this season so its not like I can say anything positive or negative about him. I do think the team likes him as a guy who is going to be in the running to be the successor to Matt Birk once he's done.

S Christian Thompson: He's been in some games for special teams duty, but I've yet to hear his name called this year. Just got placed on IR.

CB Asa Jackson: Hasn't played. He was drafted more as a return guy than a corner, and since Jacoby Jones is having the best season of any returner in the NFL this year, there really hasn't been any need for Jackson. And he seems pretty far down on the depth chart for corners.

DL DeAngelo Tyson: Didn't really play much early in the year, but lately he's been seeing some action and he's made some plays. I really like Tyson as a solid rotational guy for the future.

K Justin Tucker: He's been unbelievable. The complete opposite of Billy Cundiff. Has missed 1 field goal on the whole season, has multiple 50+ yarders, and is supremely confident. Couldn't be happier with Tucker.

WR Deonte Thompson: Actually started the season returning kickoffs for us, and then we switched over to Jacoby Jones. Had a nice 25 yard reception earlier in the year, but that's about it. Not really in our plans offensively, but looks like he can be a solid 5th receiver and special team contributor for the future.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey Hayward is arguably our best defensive player behind Clay Matthews. Dude has been playing out of his mind game in and game out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: