Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
I added a little more below

49ers Finest wrote:
And i didnt know anything about this guy. but he blew it up. 41.5 vert. 11'7 vert (the highest at the combine, i believe)

Jamie Collins Southern Mississippi 6'3 1/2 250 33 3/4 9 3/4 4.64 1.56 19 41.5 4.32 7.10 11'7

45 career TFL; 6.5 sacks as senior (couldn't find career numbers)

Collins had 10 sacks as a senior, the year he played defensive end. 6.5 was his mark he set as a LB in his junior year.

Quote:
He saw action in all 13 games as a freshman defensive back at Ole Miss in 2009, recording 48 tackles, three tackle for loss and a pair of sacks.

Collins made the move to linebacker the following season. He earned honorable mentioned All-CUSA honors while starting six of the final seven games and finishing the season with 71 tackles while appearing in all 12 games.

Collins made his second move in as many years as a junior, sliding to the "Bandit" end position in the Rebels' 4-2-5 scheme. He racked up team highs with 98 tackles and 19.5 tackles for loss, and was second on the team with 6.5 sacks.

Ole Miss suffered through a miserable winless season in 2012, but Collins continued to shine despite the lack of talent around him. He was voted to the All-Conference USA team after piling up 20 tackles for loss and 10 sacks - third in C-USA - to go along with 91 tackles total - which was 26 more than any other Rebel.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1723146/jamie-collins

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

49ers Finest wrote:
And i didnt know anything about this guy. but he blew it up. 41.5 vert. 11'7 vert (the highest at the combine, i believe)

Jamie Collins Southern Mississippi 6'3 1/2 250 33 3/4 9 3/4 4.64 1.56 19 41.5 4.32 7.10 11'7

Collins had 10 sacks as a senior, the year he played defensive end. 6.5 was his mark he set as a LB in his junior year.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/664/1026075/index.html

Thanks for that correction. I made that fix in case anyone else looks at the info I put in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

49ers Finest wrote:
for our olb situation... some of my favorite possibilities
realistic olbs for us in the 2-5 range. like them all before and each put up great numbers in the 40, 10 split, vert, broad, bench

Player College Height Weight Arm Length Hand Length 40 Yard 10 Yard Reps Vertical Shuttle Cone Jump

-Trevardo Williams Connecticut 6'1 1/4 241 32 1/4 9 3/8 4.57 1.61 30 38 - - 10'4

30.5 career sacks; UConn career leader

-Cornelius Washington Georgia 6040 265 34 9 1/2 4.55 1.60 36 39 - - 10'8

10 career sacks, but only 1/2 as a senior

-Corey Lemonier Auburn 6'3 3/8 255 34 1/2 10 1/8 4.60 1.57 27 33 - - 9'11

18.5 career sacs - in SEC (good) but only 1/2 over final 8 games (bad)

-Sio Moore Connecticut 6'0 3/4 245 33 5/8 10 1/4 4.65 1.62 29 38 4.31 7.49 10'7

274 career tackles; 15.5 career sacks

i think we might come away with one of these guys. and i would be very happy. all had good to very good college production besides washington

I prefer tackles for loss as a stat for a prospect. There are a lot of garbage sacks. Often, guys will get a 3 sacks game against a weak opponent early in the year. TFL, to me, is a better measure of a player's production (for DL and LB, of course).

Yeah, TFL is a nice stat for helping to see which guys can be difference makers. I can go back tomorrow and try to look that up for those guys. I'm really interested a lot in pass rushing ability and most of the guys who get a lot of sacks in the NFL also got a lot in college. So I'm always interested in who was a productive pass rusher in college.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your original post you said

rudyZ wrote:
We didn't absolutely need him, but good value and we can definitely find ways to use him.

From that I thought I understood you and posted this

big9erfan wrote:
Sounded like you were saying we didn't really need a guy like James, I thought we did. Simple as that.

But you told me I had misinterpreted your statement. You said

rudyZ wrote:
Then you misinterpreted the sense of the word. "absolutely"

Since you told me I misinterpreted you I asked you to clarify and you then said
rudyZ wrote:
I meant both LaMike or a guy like him. I don't feel he, or a guy like him, was a priority or an absolute need.

Are my quote above, which you said was a mis-interpretation, and your final clarification of what you meant (the two blue parts above) different in any meaningful way? Maybe I'm missing some some subtle difference between "a need" and "a priority". But it seems close enough so I'm just going to drop this. It looks to me like an empty argument.

Ah, but draft strategy is another matter. So as not to muddy the simplicity of this I'll respond to that separately.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
So I'm always interested in who was a productive pass rusher in college.

Check Chris Jones out...

Quote:
Jones tore up the MAC for the last three years playing both end and tackle. During his four years with the Falcons, he totaled 157 tackles, 46.5 stops for loss, six forced fumbles and 28 sacks. His 12.5 sacks as a senior tied for 4th in the country and helped him earn conference Defensive Player of the Year honors. Unfortunately for Jones, he wasn’t invited to either the Shrine Game or the Senior Bowl, so he is still flying well beneath the radar on a national level. But scouts know his name and will be watching him closely at the Combine later this month. At 6’1″ 295 (6015 height measured and 302 lbs... 30 bench reps), Jones possesses strong hands and a deft first step for a man his size. He has proved himself dominant as an inside/outside pass rusher and a capable run stuffer. He also helped anchor one of the nation’s stingiest defenses that ranked 10th in points allowed at 16.8. At this stage, Jones is being graded as a seventh-rounder or UDFA. However, put the tape in and it’s impossible not to be impressed by his relentless pursuit. The guy spends a lot of time harassing QBs in opponents’ backfields.

http://www.nfldraftsource.com/sleeper-watch-chris-jones/

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
In your original post you said

rudyZ wrote:
We didn't absolutely need him, but good value and we can definitely find ways to use him.

From that I thought I understood you and posted this

big9erfan wrote:
Sounded like you were saying we didn't really need a guy like James, I thought we did. Simple as that.

But you told me I had misinterpreted your statement. You said

rudyZ wrote:
Then you misinterpreted the sense of the word. "absolutely"

Since you told me I misinterpreted you I asked you to clarify and you then said
rudyZ wrote:
I meant both LaMike or a guy like him. I don't feel he, or a guy like him, was a priority or an absolute need.

Are my quote above, which you said was a mis-interpretation, and your final clarification of what you meant (the two blue parts above) different in any meaningful way? Maybe I'm missing some some subtle difference between "a need" and "a priority". But it seems close enough so I'm just going to drop this. It looks to me like an empty argument.

Ah, but draft strategy is another matter. So as not to muddy the simplicity of this I'll respond to that separately.

We can have a need that isn't necessarily a priority. I don't feel James was a priority. I don't even think he was any kind of pressing need. He was a luxury pick, a luxury a loaded team like ours could afford. We were so loaded we didn't need to rely on ANY rookie to offer production. So, in a sense, all our picks were luxury picks. A WR that played only 20 snaps. A RB that played only 4 games. An injured G that had no chance of starting. A pure depth OLB. A third string S with potential. A major project of an OL and a medically challenged OLB that has dropped from a potential 2nd round grade to the 7th round. So, mostly luxury and depth. And we even added a trade down in there. This was a draft where we sat and picked whoever fell to us. Not a draft during which we were pressed to fix glaring holes on our roster. I repeat this again: if James had been a high priority or an absolute need, why wait and cross our fingers that he will be there when we pick?

rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
So I'm always interested in who was a productive pass rusher in college.

Check Chris Jones out...

Quote:
Jones tore up the MAC for the last three years playing both end and tackle. During his four years with the Falcons, he totaled 157 tackles, 46.5 stops for loss, six forced fumbles and 28 sacks. His 12.5 sacks as a senior tied for 4th in the country and helped him earn conference Defensive Player of the Year honors. Unfortunately for Jones, he wasn’t invited to either the Shrine Game or the Senior Bowl, so he is still flying well beneath the radar on a national level. But scouts know his name and will be watching him closely at the Combine later this month. At 6’1″ 295 (6015 height measured and 302 lbs... 30 bench reps), Jones possesses strong hands and a deft first step for a man his size. He has proved himself dominant as an inside/outside pass rusher and a capable run stuffer. He also helped anchor one of the nation’s stingiest defenses that ranked 10th in points allowed at 16.8. At this stage, Jones is being graded as a seventh-rounder or UDFA. However, put the tape in and it’s impossible not to be impressed by his relentless pursuit. The guy spends a lot of time harassing QBs in opponents’ backfields.

http://www.nfldraftsource.com/sleeper-watch-chris-jones/

I saw Chris Jones about a month ago when I looked for the NCAA leaders in TFL. He bulked up a little for the combine and was slower than I expected. If he was always this "slow", then it says a lot about his technique. He must be great at disengaging and must take great angles to the ball carrier.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

I saw Chris Jones about a month ago when I looked for the NCAA leaders in TFL. He bulked up a little for the combine and was slower than I expected. If he was always this "slow", then it says a lot about his technique. He must be great at disengaging and must take great angles to the ball carrier.

Talk about maniacal. Dude plays like a starving man and the QB just ganked the last pork chop from the plate. He has great hands and snap anticipation.. just hits the gap hard and leverages in quickly. I could easily be wrong about him, as he seems so under-appreciated as an NFL player.... but I really like what I have seen.

___
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/chip-kelly-dion-jordan-is-a-special-guy-in-my-heart/

with the 4th pick, the eagles select.....
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/chip-kelly-dion-jordan-is-a-special-guy-in-my-heart/

Unless Oakland takes him Laughing
Which I think could happen, especially with stars condition

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

I think Oakland takes a look at Shariff Floyd. I was thinking earlier, what do the Jags do now? take Dee? I know at #2 it is high for a CB but this year's draft class isn't as strong as years past.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

I think Oakland takes a look at Shariff Floyd. I was thinking earlier, what do the Jags do now? take Dee? I know at #2 it is high for a CB but this year's draft class isn't as strong as years past.
Floyd is going to be the best defender from this draft IMO. I think that guy is going to be an excellent interior player.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

I can see that too. It's between him Jordan and maybe geno if the staff likes him. Basically whoever doesn't get picked at 1 and 2 and is left

new sig... sorry alex
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Talk about maniacal. Dude plays like a starving man and the QB just ganked the last pork chop from the plate. He has great hands and snap anticipation.. just hits the gap hard and leverages in quickly. I could easily be wrong about him, as he seems so under-appreciated as an NFL player.... but I really like what I have seen.

QFT. I got a big draft crush on this guy. He did himself some favors by measuring in larger than most expected. He's probably a round 2 or 3 pick at this point. I was hoping he'd stay under the radar a little longer and we could get him later.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

QFT. I got a big draft crush on this guy. He did himself some favors by measuring in larger than most expected. He's probably a round 2 or 3 pick at this point. I was hoping he'd stay under the radar a little longer and we could get him later.
Wow.. I guess it could happen and I do like him... but I'll be surprised as heck if he goes in the top 100.

___

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 59 of 101

Jump to: