Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3113
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
adamq wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
In his Combine media interview, LSU DE Sam Montgomery admitted to betting in college and taking games -- not plays -- games off when the Tigers faced lesser opponents.
Montgomery's agent should have advised him before the Combine that saying things like this is not smart. At all. "Some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out." Montgomery detailed "hundreds of dollars" in bets with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 on which LSU defensive end will be drafted higher. We'd wager -- heavily -- that it won't be Montgomery. Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.

roto

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!



Well he just made sure the only teams that'll touch him are Cinci and Oakland.






I'd bet on Oakland. I mean, Montgomery would bet on Oakland...


Speaking of Oakland, I just watched Charlie Casserly's mock draft 1-10 picks and he has Floyd at three going to oakland over Star.


Casserly is a guy who has actually been responsible for a draft. So I take his opinion more seriously than some other talking heads.


If I remember correctly, it was either him or Lombardi who mocked us to take aldon smith a couple of years ago.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14413
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: The Mock I Thought I Wouldn't Do This Year. Reply with quote

oops
_________________


Last edited by big9erfan on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14413
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Yeah. But you still didn't tell me what position on our team you thought was weaker than dline - cuz if it is indeed dline then we'er actually in agreement, and if it's not then we can have a more pertinent discussion about how that position compares to our dline.


Well how bout WRs and TEs? How well will KW and Rio bounce back from injury? or will Rio even be retained at his salary? What do we really have in Jenkins? Walker's an UFA with poor hands... Celek is a relative unknown...

How bout QBs? Maybe Tolzien can be good... no one else to speak of, as Alex is good as gone.

How about Spillman and Robinson? Who knows if they are really more than ST-ers or if they can truly be effective starters?

How good is Cox, really? We all think Brock is teh suxxorz, right? Even our starting trio have had real issues this season.

How bout those backup rush LBs? Parys could be gone at his salary, and he was a marginal starter even before injury. Cam J. and Fleming are complete mysteries.

How good is Tavares Gooden? who is also an UFA like Grant...

How bout them backup OTs? backup C?


Face it... we just don't know jack about the non-starters. So take your wild and random pick at where we are weak on backup positions.


OK. We can stop discussing this now I guess. But my parting thoughts are that I just looked up three different web sites that list draft needs and every one of them listed dline as our biggest need or one of our needs. So apparantly there are others out here like me who have asked ourselves the same questions you just listed and arrived at some decision ... right or wrong as it might be of course.

I'll go ahead and post a mock so you can see in detail how I would address the questions you raised, and my comments will address what I think about our current guys at those positions.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40144
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good with your pre-draft moves. A lot to like there, big9er. Our STs would be scarier, I must say... Probably better to just cut Akers and his large salary loose. I'd take a better WR in the 4th over the RB, but no biggie, if our current WRs stay healthy and step up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14413
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
I'm good with your pre-draft moves. A lot to like there, big9er. Our STs would be scarier, I must say... Probably better to just cut Akers and his large salary loose. I'd take a better WR in the 4th over the RB, but no biggie, if our current WRs stay healthy and step up.


Good point about Akers salary. OK, cut him. Haven't really looked into college kickers to see if there are enough good ones so we're guaranteed to get one in the 6th, or whether I need to juggle my 4th or 5th some to get one. If there's one that stand out, I'd consider dropping Bell (as much as I like him) and just plugging in a kicker there. Gotta lock one in if I assume we cut Akers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedWhiteNGold


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2895
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a feeling that roman is drooling over possibly drafting T. Austin in rd 1. I'd rather take DL but I wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14413
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any PAC-12 fans out there that have watched much of Markus Wheaton? Just curious what anyone who has actually watched him play thinks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2418
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Any PAC-12 fans out there that have watched much of Markus Wheaton? Just curious what anyone who has actually watched him play thinks.

I dont remember much but I do know that last year OSU had a shaky QB situation with Sean Mannion and Cody Vaz...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4353
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld
Quote:
According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, "word circulating" at the Combine is that Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones could be in for a Da'Quan Bowers-like plunge on draft day.
People close to Jones reportedly believe the star SEC pass rusher "seems resigned" to a big draft-weekend drop. NFL teams are removing Jones from their draft boards due to spinal stenosis, and league evaluators anticipate Jones turning in a poor Pro Day workout in March, enhancing the "stock" fall. Bowers entered the NFL with concerns he might need microfracture surgery. He has not thus far, but still fell from a projected top-five pick into the 50s. Feb 23 - 10:27 PM


I'd say if he fell to us at the end of the first we'd be crazy not to take him. Sure there is going to be a little bit of a increased risk for him, but the reward definitely outweighs the risk IMO. The value would be tremendous.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frisco$finest


Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Posts: 1057
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Rotoworld
Quote:
According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, "word circulating" at the Combine is that Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones could be in for a Da'Quan Bowers-like plunge on draft day.
People close to Jones reportedly believe the star SEC pass rusher "seems resigned" to a big draft-weekend drop. NFL teams are removing Jones from their draft boards due to spinal stenosis, and league evaluators anticipate Jones turning in a poor Pro Day workout in March, enhancing the "stock" fall. Bowers entered the NFL with concerns he might need microfracture surgery. He has not thus far, but still fell from a projected top-five pick into the 50s. Feb 23 - 10:27 PM


I'd say if he fell to us at the end of the first we'd be crazy not to take him. Sure there is going to be a little bit of a increased risk for him, but the reward definitely outweighs the risk IMO. The value would be tremendous.


Who do you guys think would be there for us at #31: Star or Jarvis?? maybe both??

Seems like Star Lotulelei's condition is worse..
_________________
"You look up and you see us shining down on you...." - Lupe Fiasco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9342
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Rotoworld
Quote:
According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, "word circulating" at the Combine is that Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones could be in for a Da'Quan Bowers-like plunge on draft day.
People close to Jones reportedly believe the star SEC pass rusher "seems resigned" to a big draft-weekend drop. NFL teams are removing Jones from their draft boards due to spinal stenosis, and league evaluators anticipate Jones turning in a poor Pro Day workout in March, enhancing the "stock" fall. Bowers entered the NFL with concerns he might need microfracture surgery. He has not thus far, but still fell from a projected top-five pick into the 50s. Feb 23 - 10:27 PM


I'd say if he fell to us at the end of the first we'd be crazy not to take him. Sure there is going to be a little bit of a increased risk for him, but the reward definitely outweighs the risk IMO. The value would be tremendous.


Who do you guys think would be there for us at #31: Star or Jarvis?? maybe both??

Seems like Star Lotulelei's condition is worse..

idk much about either condition and how they might affect there careers...
so ignoring that for now

if star was there at 31 i would [inappropriate/removed] my pants and breaks things! he reminds me of a ngata type player. he is a rjf that can play both nt at de, but on steroids haha. i would be extremely happy.
hes played at a very high level for years and works out hard. idk how he wouldnt be able to at least finish his rookie contract.

honestly i would be screaming so much, i might lose my voice
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Rotoworld
Quote:
According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, "word circulating" at the Combine is that Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones could be in for a Da'Quan Bowers-like plunge on draft day.
People close to Jones reportedly believe the star SEC pass rusher "seems resigned" to a big draft-weekend drop. NFL teams are removing Jones from their draft boards due to spinal stenosis, and league evaluators anticipate Jones turning in a poor Pro Day workout in March, enhancing the "stock" fall. Bowers entered the NFL with concerns he might need microfracture surgery. He has not thus far, but still fell from a projected top-five pick into the 50s. Feb 23 - 10:27 PM


I'd say if he fell to us at the end of the first we'd be crazy not to take him. Sure there is going to be a little bit of a increased risk for him, but the reward definitely outweighs the risk IMO. The value would be tremendous.


Who do you guys think would be there for us at #31: Star or Jarvis?? maybe both??

Seems like Star Lotulelei's condition is worse..

idk much about either condition and how they might affect there careers...
so ignoring that for now

if star was there at 31 i would [inappropriate/removed] my pants and breaks things! he reminds me of a ngata type player. he is a rjf that can play both nt at de, but on steroids haha. i would be extremely happy.
hes played at a very high level for years and works out hard. idk how he wouldnt be able to at least finish his rookie contract.

honestly i would be screaming so much, i might lose my voice



By dying, that's how.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6604
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you guys like Tavon Austin with our 1st pick?

I know its back to back WR's but he seems like he could be a legit playmaker. I could also see him going higher, like Kendall Wright did last year.

We do have to get depth for our defense but we can always get DL, OLB, and DB's in the 2nd-3rd round. Austin might be too good a value to pass up.

Lately i've been leaning towards getting a WR with our 1st. I don't want to neglect our defense at all but the thought of Kaepernick connecting with guys like Austin, Hunter, etc...our offense would be lethal. And if AJ pans out Shocked
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40144
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Would you guys like Tavon Austin with our 1st pick?


I'd likely be hoping for someone else on the board.. but I wouldn't really take issue with him as the choice.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
Would you guys like Tavon Austin with our 1st pick?


I'd likely be hoping for someone else on the board.. but I wouldn't really take issue with him as the choice.



He'd be similar to the LaMichael James pick last year. We didn't absolutely need him, but good value and we can definitely find ways to use him.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 57 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group