Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Not that big on Ertz Big9erFan?

I am! Like him LOTS more than Toilolo. I have already stated the reasons. I could like Eifert, but as I said about Fleener last year, Ertz would definitely have a head start in knowing the O over any other rookie.

We already knew that your favorite prospect will be [insert Stanford TE here] Wink

But I agree, I would love it if we got Ertz.

Awww, give me a LITTLE more credit than that! For instance, I am not nearly as big on Toilolo as many others are...he just hasn't showed the consistent performance on the field like Ertz and Fleener. I would rather have Eifert than Toilolo, and I will never be mistaken for a Notre Dame fan... Yes, I know Eifert may be the first TE taken, just trying to show I am not quite so Stanford biased as some might think.

I actually thought highly of Toilolo coming into this year and thought he would be better than Ertz. I've completely turned on him since. Laughing

I think both bring different games. I think Toilolo would be great value in the late 3rd.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching both prospects, Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl says there is "no question" that he would rank Florida DT Sharrif Floyd ahead of Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson.
Floyd has "more power/strength at the point of attack, not as much range but tougher." Expect both players to "rise" during the process, and the duo could end up being selected in the top-10.

roto

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
After watching both prospects, Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl says there is "no question" that he would rank Florida DT Sharrif Floyd ahead of Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson.
Floyd has "more power/strength at the point of attack, not as much range but tougher." Expect both players to "rise" during the process, and the duo could end up being selected in the top-10.

roto

Well there goes two guys I'd like to see last into the 20's where we would have a chance at picking one of them up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto

Well there goes two guys I'd like to see last into the 20's where we would have a chance at picking one of them up.

Yeah... but at this time of the year, "experts" probably have 20 top-10 talents on their boards... it's still early in the process. Come draft day, these same experts will be down to 5 real top-10 talents. Anyways, if these guys, and others, rise up, it means talents that were previously thought to be out of reach will be within reach. For those of us who want a receiver, for example, that should be a good news. I think offensive linemen rate really well this year and will be in high demand. So, skill position players should drop. And teams looking for a QB should be interested in a pick in the late first, so maybe we could find a trading partner for a a trade down or a future first.

Ideally, we could trade our first for a first next year, and use Alex to trade up in the second. That would be perfect for me. Unless a talent falls within our trade-up reach, in the first.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

Yeah... but at this time of the year, "experts" probably have 20 top-10 talents on their boards... it's still early in the process. Come draft day, these same experts will be down to 5 real top-10 talents.

Yes. No need to worry right now. It may be amusing to see where these guys "grade out" after the Combine and pro days. Prospects that seem out of our reach now could easily end up in the 25-65 range when all is said and done.

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Yeah... but at this time of the year, "experts" probably have 20 top-10 talents on their boards... it's still early in the process. Come draft day, these same experts will be down to 5 real top-10 talents.

Yes. No need to worry right now. It may be amusing to see where these guys "grade out" after the Combine and pro days. Prospects that seem out of our reach now could easily end up in the 25-65 range when all is said and done.

And that's mostly media grades. Scouting staff have been looking at these guys since they were freshman, in many cases. Athletically and talent-wise, their grades are probably 90% done already. What they have left to learn is mostly about injury history (with fresh medical exams at the combine) and interviews. The combine is nice for the so-called experts on TV, who aren't good enough to have an actual job in a NFL front office, but what you take out of the combine, as a GM or head scout, is mostly about the players preparation, ability to perform when under the spotlight, their desire to compete and their overall personality.

blast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already sold on this guy named Datone Jones. I've heard nothing but great things about him. A real solid prospect who you can slide inside when we go to the 4 man fronts and rush the passer.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
I'm already sold on this guy named Datone Jones. I've heard nothing but great things about him. A real solid prospect who you can slide inside when we go to the 4 man fronts and rush the passer.

He may be called Da-tone, but I call him Dat-one. He's dat one I want anyway.

blast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
blast wrote:

He may be called Da-tone, but I call him Dat-one. He's dat one I want anyway.

I read that it was pronounced DAY-TONE. But DAT-ONE has a better ring to it.
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest WalterFootbal Mock:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Despite making the Pro Bowl, Donte Whitner hasn't been very good this year (he surrendered more touchdowns than any safety). Dashon Goldson, meanwhile, was slapped with a franchise tag this prior offseason. The 49ers, who might want to upgrade the secondary after Joe Flacco torched them in the Super Bowl, will need a replacement if they can't sign him to a long-term deal.

Jonathan Cyprien makes a big leap in today's update. There's so much buzz about him recently, and there are multiple reports indicating that several teams have him ranked as the No. 2 safety in this class.

Pick change; previously Matt Elam, S

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers: Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU
The 49ers have a fantastic defense, but they'll need to keep adding to it with some players growing older or heading into free agency. Justin Smith falls under both categories. He'll be entering his walk year at 34 several months following the 2013 NFL Draft. San Francisco will have to find a successor sometime soon.

Pick change; previously Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB

Although I am not so sold on Hunt, I LOVE the Cyprien pick! Although it isnt the biggest need, I think the value of a safety in late 1/early 2nd will be the best during those picks. I dont mind this pick

DraftCountdown Mock:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

Quote:
The Niners are at that point as an organization where they aren’t necessarily looking for instant starters but rather to build depth and prepare for the future. One area that may be a problem going forward is the defensive line, where there isn’t much depth to speak of and both Isaac Sopoaga and Ricky Jean-Francois are set to become free agents. John Jenkins of Georgia is simply a massive presence up front, checking in at 358 pounds. Jenkins isn't going to offer much from a pass rush perspective but he is stout at the point of attack with excellent strength and power plus has experience at both tackle and end in an odd front. Jenkins would be a perfect fit with the 49ers, providing quality depth while being groomed for a starting job down the line. Some issues at cornerback emerged late in the year as well so Johnthan Banks of Mississippi St., Desmond Trufant of Washington and Xavier Rhodes of Florida St. might be possibilities too. John Jenkins | Georgia Bulldogs It’s also time for San Francisco to start thinking about a long-term replacement for 34-year-old center Jonathan Goodwin and Barrett Jones of Alabama or Travis Frederick of Wisconsin could be options. Last year there was speculation the 49ers were considering a tight end in the first round to form a potent one-two punch with Vernon Davis. That chatter could heat up again since Delanie Walker is a free agent so watch out for Zach Ertz of Stanford, who Jim Harbaugh knows from their time together in college, or Tyler Eifert of Notre Dame

blast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
Latest WalterFootbal Mock:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
Despite making the Pro Bowl, Donte Whitner hasn't been very good this year (he surrendered more touchdowns than any safety). Dashon Goldson, meanwhile, was slapped with a franchise tag this prior offseason. The 49ers, who might want to upgrade the secondary after Joe Flacco torched them in the Super Bowl, will need a replacement if they can't sign him to a long-term deal.

Jonathan Cyprien makes a big leap in today's update. There's so much buzz about him recently, and there are multiple reports indicating that several teams have him ranked as the No. 2 safety in this class.

Pick change; previously Matt Elam, S

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers: Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU
The 49ers have a fantastic defense, but they'll need to keep adding to it with some players growing older or heading into free agency. Justin Smith falls under both categories. He'll be entering his walk year at 34 several months following the 2013 NFL Draft. San Francisco will have to find a successor sometime soon.

Pick change; previously Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB

Although I am not so sold on Hunt, I LOVE the Cyprien pick! Although it isnt the biggest need, I think the value of a safety in late 1/early 2nd will be the best during those picks. I dont mind this pick

DraftCountdown Mock:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

Quote:
The Niners are at that point as an organization where they aren’t necessarily looking for instant starters but rather to build depth and prepare for the future. One area that may be a problem going forward is the defensive line, where there isn’t much depth to speak of and both Isaac Sopoaga and Ricky Jean-Francois are set to become free agents. John Jenkins of Georgia is simply a massive presence up front, checking in at 358 pounds. Jenkins isn't going to offer much from a pass rush perspective but he is stout at the point of attack with excellent strength and power plus has experience at both tackle and end in an odd front. Jenkins would be a perfect fit with the 49ers, providing quality depth while being groomed for a starting job down the line. Some issues at cornerback emerged late in the year as well so Johnthan Banks of Mississippi St., Desmond Trufant of Washington and Xavier Rhodes of Florida St. might be possibilities too. John Jenkins | Georgia Bulldogs It’s also time for San Francisco to start thinking about a long-term replacement for 34-year-old center Jonathan Goodwin and Barrett Jones of Alabama or Travis Frederick of Wisconsin could be options. Last year there was speculation the 49ers were considering a tight end in the first round to form a potent one-two punch with Vernon Davis. That chatter could heat up again since Delanie Walker is a free agent so watch out for Zach Ertz of Stanford, who Jim Harbaugh knows from their time together in college, or Tyler Eifert of Notre Dame

NOPE. Please hell to the NO to Hunt. All I've been reading is the guy is stiff is a board and because of his height he plays too upright. Then you have the other part of him only playing a couple years and is already 25. DATONE.

On a side note, what does everyone think of drafting Kenjon Barner in the 4-5th round as a type of utility player. All I have been reading is the guy is plain dangerous with the ball in his hands especially when in space. Consolation prize for Percy Harvin?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
On a side note, what does everyone think of drafting Kenjon Barner in the 4-5th round as a type of utility player. All I have been reading is the guy is plain dangerous with the ball in his hands especially when in space. Consolation prize for Percy Harvin?

Why draft a lesser LaMichael James when we have LaMichael James? We barely used him, this year, even when he was dressed. I hope we'll use him more as a receiver next year. We could have Gore in the backfield and LaMike in the slot, and defenses would have to be wary of both. We don't need another small runningback.

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
blast wrote:

Why draft a lesser LaMichael James when we have LaMichael James? We barely used him, this year, even when he was dressed. I hope we'll use him more as a receiver next year. We could have Gore in the backfield and LaMike in the slot, and defenses would have to be wary of both. We don't need another small runningback.

exactly I think RB is the position of least need on this team. Barner is no Harvin either not even close

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why he would be relegated more towards being a utility player being motioned. I never said he was a Percy Harvin, but I do not think he's a lesser LMJ. The guy held his own and is a definitely play maker. How confident is everyone in Hunters ability to recover from his achilles injury? Just like how you can never have enough pass-rushers, play-makers on the offensive side of the ball are welcomed. We have a plethora of picks and if you can improve a position you do it.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
Thats why he would be relegated more towards being a utility player being motioned. I never said he was a Percy Harvin, but I do not think he's a lesser LMJ. The guy held his own and is a definitely play maker. How confident is everyone in Hunters ability to recover from his achilles injury? Just like how you can never have enough pass-rushers, play-makers on the offensive side of the ball are welcomed. We have a plethora of picks and if you can improve a position you do it.

But he wouldn't improve the RB position. He is a lesser player than Lamike.
He MIGHT be better than Dix.
I think if we grab a back, which I don't think we do, we go for a bigger/short distance guy.

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 45 of 101

Jump to: