Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1703
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin is like a more talented Titus Young. Hes not quite as immature and outrageous as Young but Harvin is known to be a less than reputable character.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3856
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Not that big on Ertz Big9erFan?


I am! Like him LOTS more than Toilolo. I have already stated the reasons. I could like Eifert, but as I said about Fleener last year, Ertz would definitely have a head start in knowing the O over any other rookie.
_________________


fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Fleener: 21 Recs 222yds 86 YAC Walker: 7 Recs 89yds 13YAC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3833
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Harvin is like a more talented Titus Young. Hes not quite as immature and outrageous as Young but Harvin is known to be a less than reputable character.


I think we could deal with that as we see beautiful passes for long TDs from Kaep to Harvin in 2013 if we do it.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8717
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think we'll do for the kicker position? Do we draft or find one through free agency?
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 12846
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
What do you guys think we'll do for the kicker position? Do we draft or find one through free agency?



I hope we draft. We need new blood. Not a journeyman who's kicked and been kicked around the NFL. They're all damaged goods. I'd rather start fresh with someone who doesn't have a history of professional failure.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22428
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Not that big on Ertz Big9erFan?


I am! Like him LOTS more than Toilolo. I have already stated the reasons. I could like Eifert, but as I said about Fleener last year, Ertz would definitely have a head start in knowing the O over any other rookie.


We already knew that your favorite prospect will be [insert Stanford TE here] Wink

But I agree, I would love it if we got Ertz.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22428
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
What do you guys think we'll do for the kicker position? Do we draft or find one through free agency?



I hope we draft. We need new blood. Not a journeyman who's kicked and been kicked around the NFL. They're all damaged goods. I'd rather start fresh with someone who doesn't have a history of professional failure.


I think we end up reaching in the 4th Hopkins, and I wouldn't mind. The ball just explodes off of his foot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13256
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Not that big on Ertz Big9erFan?


I like Ertz and would be happy for him to be a 49er. But I think Eifert can be "special". I realize they're probably pretty close. So really just a preference from me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AT49ers


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 541
Location: DC,washington
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
What do you guys think we'll do for the kicker position? Do we draft or find one through free agency?



I hope we draft. We need new blood. Not a journeyman who's kicked and been kicked around the NFL. They're all damaged goods. I'd rather start fresh with someone who doesn't have a history of professional failure.


I think we end up reaching in the 4th Hopkins, and I wouldn't mind. The ball just explodes off of his foot.


I'd rather pick up Sturgis in the 4th then Hopkins, hes more accurate and still has a big leg (8/9 from field goals over 40 yards)
_________________


props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 12846
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT49ers wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
What do you guys think we'll do for the kicker position? Do we draft or find one through free agency?



I hope we draft. We need new blood. Not a journeyman who's kicked and been kicked around the NFL. They're all damaged goods. I'd rather start fresh with someone who doesn't have a history of professional failure.


I think we end up reaching in the 4th Hopkins, and I wouldn't mind. The ball just explodes off of his foot.


I'd rather pick up Sturgis in the 4th then Hopkins, hes more accurate and still has a big leg (8/9 from field goals over 40 yards)



I prefer Hopkins over Sturgis, but my reason isn't really logical. He's just so small, he looks like a Grammatica, and I'm afraid he will hurt his knee jumping up and down after a field goal.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3856
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Not that big on Ertz Big9erFan?


I am! Like him LOTS more than Toilolo. I have already stated the reasons. I could like Eifert, but as I said about Fleener last year, Ertz would definitely have a head start in knowing the O over any other rookie.


We already knew that your favorite prospect will be [insert Stanford TE here] Wink

But I agree, I would love it if we got Ertz.


Awww, give me a LITTLE more credit than that! For instance, I am not nearly as big on Toilolo as many others are...he just hasn't showed the consistent performance on the field like Ertz and Fleener. I would rather have Eifert than Toilolo, and I will never be mistaken for a Notre Dame fan... Yes, I know Eifert may be the first TE taken, just trying to show I am not quite so Stanford biased as some might think.
_________________


fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Fleener: 21 Recs 222yds 86 YAC Walker: 7 Recs 89yds 13YAC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2636
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The National Football Post's Russ Lande has not spoken to an NFL scout who grades Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore in the first-round.
Lande himself gave Moore a second-round grade. After generating a lot of attention during the 2012 season and after declaring, Moore's evaluation appears to have lost steam in the eyes of a few scouts. We love his motor and the versatility he showed at defensive end and pass rushing linebacker, but Moore needs to use his hands and angles better.

roto



CBS Sports' Dane Brugler spoke with one NFL scout who liked Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins more than his projected mid-to-late first-round slot.
The scout "raved" about the Clemson product. Hopkins' best trait is his willingness to go up and get targets at the catch point, with strong hands and good body positioning. He creates separation by setting up his routes, and Hopkins has deceptive long speed.

^this year's Torrey Smith?

roto



One AFC scouting director told the NFL Network's Albert Breer that USC QB Matt Barkley can be compared physically to Kellen Moore.
Although Barkley clearly isn't the No. 1 pick-caliber talent he was billed to be before the 2012 college season, we feel this comparison is a bit of a stretch, since Moore looked like a high school passer at times in terms of velocity on throws that traveled a long distance. Another NFC general manager said if Barkley ends up in a West Coast system, there's "a side to me that says he winds up being the best" quarterback of the 2013 draft class. Barkley is shaping up as one of this year's most polarizing draft prospects, along with BYU DE Ziggy Ansah.

roto



Yahoo!'s Doug Farrar believes "if you took game tape of Warren Sapp circa 1999 and sped it up about 20 percent, you'd have what" Utah DT Star Lotuleiei is "at his best."
Farrar calls Star "a relentless force as an inside penetrator against the run and the pass." The Utah product is being labeled solely as a nose tackle, but that does not do his positional versatility justice. He could also play the 1 or 3 technique inside and Star appears to be destined for a top-10 pick.

roto



Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench believes there are enough concerns with FSU CB Xavier Rhodes to "to drop him into the late Day 2/early Day 3 range."
Muench lists three main issues with Rhodes' game, first writing "like a lot of taller corners, he doesn’t sink his hips and transition out of breaks as well as elite cover corners. Secondly, Rhodes’ instincts and discipline are just average. He can gamble and he lacks the second gear to consistently recover when he gets caught out of position. Third, he’s had some problems staying healthy." We think Rhodes has a legitimate chance to be a top-25 pick.

roto



Tom Sorensen of the Charlotte Observer questions if South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney should sit out the 2013 season.
Sorensen brings up Marcus Lattimore's knee injuries and at the moment, Clowney is being cheated by not being allowed to enter the NFL. He suggests the defensive end could "sign with an agent, get assigned coaches and trainers and spend the season pumping up and preparing for the pros." Obviously Clowney is a favorite for the 2014 No. 1 pick, but there are other possibilities, including Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, USC receiver Marqise Lee, and Notre Dame defensive tackle Louis Nix.

roto



Kansas State QB Collin Klein is preparing for the Combine by working with former NFL QB Jake Plummer.
"I've taken away a lot from Jake; it's hard to pick one," Klein said. "His approach to the game. He has a great perspective." His coaches went on to add that they are working with Klein's arm strength, trunk stability, and a lot of repetitions with the three-, five- and seven-step drops. He will attend the Combine as a quarterback.

roto



ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones could be a Von Miller-type player for Detroit at pick No. 5.
Jones is Kiper's top prospect and says he can be an impact player in the Lions front seven. We are guessing Jones would play strong side linebacker behind Detroit's four man front and be used as a pass rusher from a variety of alignments.

roto
_________________
Quote:

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13256
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
49ers would seem like a good landing spot for Harvin…He would be a weapon in that offense and the 49ers have a zillion draft picks.


Would rather have Percy than drafting Austin considering we would probably have to use our 1st for Austin. We would prob get Harvin for our 2nd.


Nah, I would rather have a DL or TE or even OLB or S in the 1st. Drafting yet ANOTHER WR in the 1st would make me feel a little bit like Matt Millen was picking... Evil or Very Mad (Did that already in '09 and '12!) Also, I think Harvin is much too fragile. Migraines combined with some of the injuries he has had? No thanks.


Think about drafting a WR first this way ...

After evaluating our needs last year we took one in the first. Since then, two of the guys we counted on when drafting last year - Manningham and KDub are both hurt and we are completely unsure of when they'll be ready to play or how good they will be after their recovery. And Ginn looked even worse as a receiver last year than in the past and offers close to nothing. Moss showed he has no magic left and is just an ordinary receiver. And that guy we did take first last year could barely work his way onto the active roster let alone show he was worth the high pick.

Bottom line, I would think our WR needs are even bigger than last year. Millen-esque or not, I'd sure think about taking one in the first again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 12846
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
49ers would seem like a good landing spot for Harvin…He would be a weapon in that offense and the 49ers have a zillion draft picks.


Would rather have Percy than drafting Austin considering we would probably have to use our 1st for Austin. We would prob get Harvin for our 2nd.


Nah, I would rather have a DL or TE or even OLB or S in the 1st. Drafting yet ANOTHER WR in the 1st would make me feel a little bit like Matt Millen was picking... Evil or Very Mad (Did that already in '09 and '12!) Also, I think Harvin is much too fragile. Migraines combined with some of the injuries he has had? No thanks.


Think about drafting a WR first this way ...

After evaluating our needs last year we took one in the first. Since then, two of the guys we counted on when drafting last year - Manningham and KDub are both hurt and we are completely unsure of when they'll be ready to play or how good they will be after their recovery. And Ginn looked even worse as a receiver last year than in the past and offers close to nothing. Moss showed he has no magic left and is just an ordinary receiver. And that guy we did take first last year could barely work his way onto the active roster let alone show he was worth the high pick.

Bottom line, I would think our WR needs are even bigger than last year. Millen-esque or not, I'd sure think about taking one in the first again.



We still have time, though. In April we'll know a lot more about Mario and Kyle's rehabs. Maybe free agency will be kind to us, and we'll find another bargain (I considered Mario a bargain, last year). If you asked me right now, I wouldn't be pushing hard for a WR. It's hard for me to worry about our offense, seeing how well it played in the playoffs, even without Mario and Kyle, and Kendall. I think the focus on offense is to re-sign/replace Delanie and replace Moss with an equally expensive option, more or less. The focus on defense should be drafting DL depth, a future S and signing/drafting a replacement for Larry Grant, who I assume will want to test free agency. And adding a pass rusher to the mix. The offense doesn't really worry me.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22428
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Not that big on Ertz Big9erFan?


I am! Like him LOTS more than Toilolo. I have already stated the reasons. I could like Eifert, but as I said about Fleener last year, Ertz would definitely have a head start in knowing the O over any other rookie.


We already knew that your favorite prospect will be [insert Stanford TE here] Wink

But I agree, I would love it if we got Ertz.


Awww, give me a LITTLE more credit than that! For instance, I am not nearly as big on Toilolo as many others are...he just hasn't showed the consistent performance on the field like Ertz and Fleener. I would rather have Eifert than Toilolo, and I will never be mistaken for a Notre Dame fan... Yes, I know Eifert may be the first TE taken, just trying to show I am not quite so Stanford biased as some might think.


I actually thought highly of Toilolo coming into this year and thought he would be better than Ertz. I've completely turned on him since. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 44 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group