Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
sbrown wrote:
This is going to be a really cray year in the draft. There are some good QB's (barkley, geno smith, t.wilson, landry jones) that would have been top 20 QB's in most drafts But I dont see many teams in need of QB's. (KC and maybe AZ). but even the teams that are bad have just drafted their Qb's

QBs with star potential are still going to go high. Good for us. The more qbs that go high the more other choices are still left for us.

But to who? Im just trying to think of bad teams like Jax, clev, indy just drafted QB's unless teams like Buff,NYJ are ready to cut bait OR good teams like NYG, NO,Pitt are ready to find their eventual replacements

I can see the Bills, Cowboys, Chiefs, Raiders, Steelers, Chargers, Bucs, or the Broncos select a rd 1-2 QB. I know that some of these teams may have good starters, but some are getting older, not getting better, and the cost of these top draft picks are not what they once were with the new rookie salary structure.

I can see other teams like the Falcons, Bears, Giants, Bengals, Lions, Titans, Packers, Texans, Jags, or Ravens selecting mid-round QBs for needed depth.

___
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:
sbrown wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
sbrown wrote:
This is going to be a really cray year in the draft. There are some good QB's (barkley, geno smith, t.wilson, landry jones) that would have been top 20 QB's in most drafts But I dont see many teams in need of QB's. (KC and maybe AZ). but even the teams that are bad have just drafted their Qb's

QBs with star potential are still going to go high. Good for us. The more qbs that go high the more other choices are still left for us.

But to who? Im just trying to think of bad teams like Jax, clev, indy just drafted QB's unless teams like Buff,NYJ are ready to cut bait OR good teams like NYG, NO,Pitt are ready to find their eventual replacements

Browns are already rumored to clean house after the season with their new ownership coming in. By the time the draft rolls around next year they'll have no one on that coaching staff or front office with ANY connection to Brandon Weeden so they can draft a brand new franchise QB with a clear conscience.

They would be stupid to give up on Weeden so early. Other than week 1 he's played pretty well all things considered. They need to get him some real recievers and an edge rusher for that defense. Theyd be stupid to grab another QB when they still don't have anyone for him to throw to. That said, they are the browns, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
in po we trust

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
in po we trust wrote:
sbrown wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
sbrown wrote:

Browns are already rumored to clean house after the season with their new ownership coming in. By the time the draft rolls around next year they'll have no one on that coaching staff or front office with ANY connection to Brandon Weeden so they can draft a brand new franchise QB with a clear conscience.

They would be stupid to give up on Weeden so early. Other than week 1 he's played pretty well all things considered. They need to get him some real recievers and an edge rusher for that defense. Theyd be stupid to grab another QB when they still don't have anyone for him to throw to. That said, they are the browns, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

I'm not saying it's a smart move, but it's a move they could easily get away with. It wouldn't be hard to convince a fan base that it's the right move to make going from a soon to be 30 year old QB chosen by a past failed regime that led the team to a top 3 draft pick in favor of a YOUNG flashy possible franchising changing QB.

*(as an extra blocker)
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
in po we trust wrote:
sbrown wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
sbrown wrote:

I'm not saying it's a smart move, but it's a move they could easily get away with. It wouldn't be hard to convince a fan base that it's the right move to make going from a soon to be 30 year old QB chosen by a past failed regime that led the team to a top 3 draft pick in favor of a YOUNG flashy possible franchising changing QB.

Oh I know. Honestly, it would kinda surprise me if they didn't start all over next year. I just think it would set the franchise back another 2 or 3 years if they went QB early again when they have much bigger needs at wideout and on the d-line.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're looking (at least we as fans) are looking to replace Delanie Walker who has been pretty good at blocking but has absolutely sucked at receiving, to put it bluntly.
After watching the latest in the Red River Rivalry, I think I have a candidate that has been doing a very similar assignment in an Offense that has similar blocking schemes and routes. Anyone watch the clinic Trey Millard (33) put on Saturday? 3 rushes for 45 yards, numerous key blocks, led the team in receiving yards as well: 5 catches (with a very nice hurdle or two) for 119 yard and a TD. The kid came from Columbia Missouri (the home of the University of Missouri--family all Tiger fans) but he came to OU instead because he knew they would use a FB/H-back like the position is meant to be used...blocker, runner and receiver. 6'2" 256 lbs. Junior, so perhaps not this year...
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
We're looking (at least we as fans) are looking to replace Delanie Walker who has been pretty good at blocking but has absolutely sucked at receiving, to put it bluntly.
After watching the latest in the Red River Rivalry, I think I have a candidate that has been doing a very similar assignment in an Offense that has similar blocking schemes and routes. Anyone watch the clinic Trey Millard (33) put on Saturday? 3 rushes for 45 yards, numerous key blocks, led the team in receiving yards as well: 5 catches (with a very nice hurdle or two) for 119 yard and a TD. The kid came from Columbia Missouri (the home of the University of Missouri--family all Tiger fans) but he came to OU instead because he knew they would use a FB/H-back like the position is meant to be used...blocker, runner and receiver. 6'2" 256 lbs. Junior, so perhaps not this year...

I recall him jumping over a guy and clearing him that game, the kid's plenty talented, but I'm not sure where we could use him. If we're looking at a Walker replacement, I'd much rather have a traditional TE. However, I wouldn't rule out the pick, Harbaugh could find a way to fit him in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been seeing a lot of scattered draft talk so I thought it might be a good time to revive this thread, especially with college football getting closer to bowl season. I think we definitely go defense early and build up depth for now. First three rounds I think we go DE, OLB, CB in some order and with the last 3rd rounder I could see another HB if Hunter's injury is really serious. I could also see NT or maybe even another DE or CB. I would really like for us to build some young depth defensively and let those guys sit behind established starters like AJ and LMJ are right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (like a lot of you) would really like to see a 3-4 DE early in this draft. I haven't gotten to see a whole lot of CFB this year though, so I really only know about prospects that were good last year and don't know who has emerged or fallen off a bit. Who are the top prospects for us at DE coming into this years offseason?

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
I (like a lot of you) would really like to see a 3-4 DE early in this draft. I haven't gotten to see a whole lot of CFB this year though, so I really only know about prospects that were good last year and don't know who has emerged or fallen off a bit. Who are the top prospects for us at DE coming into this years offseason?

That's a great question... and one that I have been spending some recent time trying to research. I am doing a mock and trying to find prospects most like Justin Smith... not an easy task and many draft sites are just not up to speed to help me cheat through the process.

Basically, I am converting our D to a 4-3 Under (I know, everyone will hate that idea, but too bad.. I love it, (and am willing to explain my thinking), so anyway... I am essentially looking for great Under Tackles that can hold their ground enough but also get some really good pass rush in 1 vs 1 situations.

So far, I am loving what I see of Sharrif Floyd from Florida... who is looking like a late 1st to mid 2nd round prospect. Another option is that Missouri DL Sheldon Richardson... who has great skills, but is rather dumb, from what I read. Ezekiel Ansah is another interesting guy, but seems rather light in the arse, and is probably a better 4-3 DE... where as LSU's Bennie Logan can get some rush, but is not a great pass rusher and heavier in the arse. Kawaan Short has the production, but looks like a slow NT hog-pig. Everett Dawkins is a mid/late possibility... not sold on him yet. I really like Cassius Marsh and Datone Jones from UCLA, but they both may be a bit too light... guess they could bulk up while developing... Justin was only 270-ish when we snatched him up.

___
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too oldman! I've been doing make shift mocks on my phone to track through the year what changes.

I'm also not a huge fan of short. Richardson either, there's no chance we grab him. Balke likes his guys smart. Both Aj and lmj had good grades. I've heard Richardson is basically a retard. He talks a lot too and gets in trouble. He was suspended recently too.

I like jones too in the second or third.
I liked Werner pre season but that's not happening any more. I was starting to like tank carradine and have him put on some weight. He just tore his acl though. I was thinking first round before with the typical Balke "reach" but with that now I think he would be there at our second.

new sig... sorry alex
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll end up rising very fast in the draft process, but William Gholston has a chance to be a Calais Campbell type end for our 3-4. Love his potential, just like I loved Campbell's Crying or Very sad

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still would like Bjoern Werner just going off the performance he had in 2011. I'm not certain slimming down helped his game much.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that many here have already mentioned the possibility, but I really want our FO to try and move up for a prospect they really like this year (not necessarily early in the first, maybe package our second with some picks to move to the top of the second or late in the first). We have too many picks (meaning there is no way we could possibly find a place for many of them). I actually wouldn't mind "losing" the trade value-wise to do it, especially if it could net us a consistently great player. The exception to that would be giving up future picks, because you never know if you are going to need them all. We have gotten such great value out of our later picks that I would like to see us target somebody and pull the trigger.

The thought of getting a stud DE prospect like Floyd from Florida (who I have only heard good things about) and TE Tyler Eifert from ND (love the way this guy plays the position, and we could use a true second TE) ...well the thought of that makes me Dancing

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
I still would like Bjoern Werner just going off the performance he had in 2011. I'm not certain slimming down helped his game much.

You and me both, but I doubt we'll be picking high enough to draft him. I wouldn't mind doing a trade up though, we have 11 picks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too many weaknesses on this squad. Then again, we seem to go BPA regardless of what we need. However, I think D-Line depth and Center are the only two areas that really stand out.

Johnny Simon would be a nice kid for us to look at. Definitely a 'tweener at roughly 6'3ish 265-270ish, but he's an OUTSTANDING football player. Will probably be a late 1st rounder when it's all said and done.

Beast

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 5 of 101

Jump to: