Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That TE Michael Williams TD catch was inspiring. If only we had a (starting) TE that can catch with his hands. Maybe we let Delanie walk and Celek can take his spot. He hasn't had many passes thrown his way, but when he did, I liked the way he caught it. A mid-to-late guy like Williams could be a good option.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These QB's are terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
These QB's are terrible.
Amen to that! Hope it increases the trade value of currently rostered NFL QB's Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
These QB's are terrible.
Amen to that! Hope it increases the trade value of currently rostered NFL QB's Wink

Thats exactly what I've been thinking while watching this. If Kolb can pull a 2nd rounder then I think we have a guy on our roster capable of getting us a 2nd/3rd round pick.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Zaviar Gooden. Another extremely raw OLB prospect out of Mizzou.. Thoughts on him?

As far a coverage, not a better LB in the draft. But once a guy engages him, its over...can't shed blocks well at all. Needs to get stronger. I think he works better as a strong-side 4-3 OLB than inside in a 3-4. But his athleticism is intriguing.

Ansah, after some subpar pratices, gets in the game and dominates. A guy like Cornelius Washington, who had virtually no college production, is argubably the best pass-rusher all week and looks like a sure first rounder. This is why the draft is a GM killer....a lot of variables to developing players' skill-set that's really hard to gauge.
adamq

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Haven't paid any attention to CFB this year, so not much to go off of.

-kiltman
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/risersandfallers

Quote:
Quinton Patton - WR - La Tech - Although this year's senior wide receiver group doesn't have a lock first-round talent, Patton is making a strong case to be considered among the top 32 picks. Thus far at practice, he has looked more impressive than Baylor's Terrance Williams and others with his controlled athleticism to separate and change gears. Patton doesn't have elite size (6-0, 202) or speed, but he plays fast and balanced with the hands to be a reliable go-to target. He likely won't get out of the top 60 selections.

Quote:
Datone Jones - DE - UCLA - After an impressive practice Monday, Jones kept the momentum going Tuesday, standing out as one of the best defensive stars on the North squad. He is very strong from head to toe and does a nice job using his powerful arms and hands to rip past blockers. He wasn't overly productive as a pass rusher at UCLA, largely due to the fact that he was moved all over the Bruins' hybrd 3-4 scheme, but he did record 19 tackles for loss as a senior with his impressive blend of burst and power to dispose of blockers at the point of attack. Jones is a name that will start to appear in first round mock drafts moving forward.

Was just watching the practice again... watched Patton run and catch a TD in the endzone corner. Swear to Jeebus, my instant thought... not that it means a thing... was Jerry Rice. Shocked

bad new old man. datone is on the super rise.
listed as a first rounder on cbs already now
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/DE

i had him going in around the third before this week haha. crazy.

new sig... sorry alex
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was thinking about it and decided to go back and look it up

from our 2012 draft, these guys played at senior bowl
4 joe looney
5 trenton robinson
7 cam johnson

from 2011 draft
2 colin kaepernick
4 kendell hunter
6 ronaldo johnson
ian williams (undrafted)
siona fua was on our ps this season and then to panthers 53

looks like our staff likes there guys from the ps. almost half our picks with balke and harbs played in the game. interesting! Twisted Evil

new sig... sorry alex
Alpha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My needs list in no order

Starter: K, 2nd TE, NT
Back up: QB, WR, OLB

luxury: A cover safety(hopefully Trenton Robinson can become that), DE to replace Justin Smith when he retires/leaves

1st and Gore
blast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaQHard wrote:

luxury: A cover safety(hopefully Trenton Robinson can become that), DE to replace Justin Smith when he retires/leaves

I think WR is much more important. We have two WR's attempting to come back from an injury and who knows how effective they'll be. Then we'll have Randy Moss who'll be retiring and a very unproven AJ Jenkins.
SquadraOvest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Our WR core is overrated right now. We need WRs and TEs with a huge catch radius and great hands so they can handle the velocity of Kap's bullets. My guess is that we put a premium on hands this year.

blast wrote:
AlphaQHard wrote:

I think WR is much more important. We have two WR's attempting to come back from an injury and who knows how effective they'll be. Then we'll have Randy Moss who'll be retiring and a very unproven AJ Jenkins.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SquadraOvest wrote:
I agree. Our WR core is overrated right now. We need WRs and TEs with a huge catch radius and great hands so they can handle the velocity of Kap's bullets. My guess is that we put a premium on hands this year.

blast wrote:
AlphaQHard wrote:

That's the term I've been trying to explain when I describe Vernon's limitations. He has a very, very small catch radius - only to him or in front of him and between his waist and his shoulders. He might on occasion catch something outside of that area, but only rarely.

NFL network just had a show on the top 10 "Best Hands" ever. Chris Carter came out first and they talked about the enormous "catch radius" he had - a body length plus another 2 or 3 feet, in front of him and even behind him, from the ground up to a foot or more aboe his extended arms. Now that's what we need on this team!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabtree ought to be the "hands" guy. He fills the roll of a Chris Carter. They need a Moss of old to compliment Crabs. Hard to tell what we have in Jenkins. I don't like track guys usually but, I'd take a flyer late day 3 on V-Techs Cory Fuller. He stood out more tha the more herelded Davis in the game I caught.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jenkins will break out. He just wasn't ready physically and mentally for the NFL, but with a full offseason and a show of confidence, I'm sure he will progress tremendously. He has all the foot talent and hand talent to be a very good receiver in the NFL. It's hard to tell if he has the work ethic to match, but if he puts in the effort, work on his routes, learn the playbook to the best of his capacities, he will get opportunities. If Harbaugh has shown anything, it's that he values players with solid grasp of the playbook. It's normal that a raw prospect from a non pro-stule school can be a little overwhelmed when coming in. The fact is, we didn't really truly need him much this season, at least early on. If we had needed to get production from him, we would have found ways to use him, a specific package, a few plays for him to get familiar with. But since we weren't in a rush to get him on the field, I think we used a different approach. Keep him inactive or on the sideline and let him learn at his own pace. Other teams have used different approaches to suit their needs. For example, the Jets did play Stephen Hill early on. But he was limited in his route-running and knowledge of their offense, so the only play he had any kind of impact was on a go route. It's a choice: playing someone who will have a limited contribution, or let him learn. We chose the latter. A full offseason will do him good. It will give him a chance to hang out with coaches and other players and ask questions. I'm sure we'll see a much improved Jenkins in training camp. And he is a hand-catcher and a playmaker. He will get his opportunity and will show something. I just hope Crabtree could take a personal interest in him. Teach him routes, help him study the playbook. Those are the two main areas AJ needs to improve, I think. The two areas that have kept him off the field.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

Too much work there... ^ ... I win today. Cool

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 33 of 101

Jump to: