Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Toilollo looking like Fleener in the open field making moves and breaking tackles today. Minus that crazy speed.
Then he runs a drag in the back of the endzone in man. Grabs it in the corner, and taps um.
Keep it low toitoi. You're joining the farm extension

Gardener has looked really good this year as well. As he just slammed the az qb

I like how he plucks the ball in the air. VD would make an awkward hop to body-catch those passes and break his stride. Can he block?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Toilollo looking like Fleener in the open field making moves and breaking tackles today. Minus that crazy speed.
Then he runs a drag in the back of the endzone in man. Grabs it in the corner, and taps um.

I like how he plucks the ball in the air. VD would make an awkward hop to body-catch those passes and break his stride. Can he block?

Yes he can, and very well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

What I like is that he could possibly be had in the third round (he's not nearly the prospect Fleener was). That would be a perfect time to pick a TE.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where I think we can get him as well. And we have two picks there which is great. I think the one we grabbed from Carolina would be a little early, but a perfect spot since we tend to go a little early.

Lots of good tes this draft depending on who comes out.
Ertz already has the nfl te look. I hope he goes first, just to push toilollo back more.

new sig... sorry alex
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

What I like is that he could possibly be had in the third round (he's not nearly the prospect Fleener was). That would be a perfect time to pick a TE.

3rd round is fine, however not with our pick...Carolina's. If we wait too long, we won't get either him or Ertz. I actually like Ertz more simply because I've seen Ertz with better production more consistently the times I have seen Stanford. If we pick either one I will be happy. Though not as happy as I would be if we had Fleener... Sad
born2ruk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if he's been brought up or not, but he's my favorite player in this draft. Barret Jones, the guy is smart, hard working, has great technique, good strength, and amazing versatility. He is more versatile than Snyder was, and has the ability to be a top 5 pick if a team thinks he can be their LT. He's played Guard, LT & Center, I think he would do great as our Center of the future, and he could backup the other spots as well. I've seen him mocked anywhere from 5 to 32, so we may have a chance to get him, depending on where teams plan to use him, if they think he is a LT, he's a top 10 pick, center or guard, maybe we have a shot later in the first round.

What do you think?
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

3rd round is fine, however not with our pick...Carolina's. If we wait too long, we won't get either him or Ertz. I actually like Ertz more simply because I've seen Ertz with better production more consistently the times I have seen Stanford. If we pick either one I will be happy. Though not as happy as I would be if we had Fleener... Sad

Ertz sees the field more than Toilolo, but I feel that Toilolo's done more with the time he's seen. While Toilolo isn't the prospect Fleener was (things can change), he's matching what Fleener was producing through 5 games in 2011. The main difference is obviously the touchdown category, but keep in mind that Fleener caught passes from Andrew Luck while Toilolo is catching passes from Nunes.

Stats through 5 games
Toilolo
Rec: 13
Yards: 278
Avg: 21.4
TD: 2

Fleener
Rec: 12
Yards: 255
Avg: 21.25
TD: 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played with Ertz in high school and he is as good as advertised. He isn't going to blow you away with his blocking (more of a finesse guy) but he is a great reciever, much more so than Toilolo. We don't have that huge end zone threat that toilolo would bring but I think Ertz would be a better pick (homer warning). I would love to have him on the Niners

Kenny Powers wrote:
Patrick Willis; runs like a cheetah, hits like a super pissed rhino
SDniner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch a lot of Stanford but from what I have seen, either tight end would be a fantastic addition to our offense. I think what it comes down to is value. If Toilolo can really be had with one of our third rounders and Ertz is a fringe first round prospect, then I think we're a lot more likely to go with Toilolo. I'm not as down on Walker as some but I definitely think we can do better and I would love to add some height to this offense.
Personally, I would love to go defense in the first 2 rounds (assuming BPA isn't obviously an offensive player). There could be some very good CB prospects at the bottom of the first this year and I would love to add one while we still have Donatell. Adding another potential shutdown corner to Culliver, Rogers, Brown would help solidify the defense going forward. Obviously if Goldson leaves then we'll be looking at safety early but this is assuming we bring everyone back. In round 2, we could go just about anywhere but I would to see us add a high potential pass rusher, which isn't out of the question given our lack of depth there and rumored promise to Bruce Irvin last year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socal thanks for the stats. i didnt think he was close to fleener. and that arizona game bumped that big time, with him going for almost 150

and yayarea you went to monte vista and then all the way to smu? damn. i wish i played with somebody who went pro haha.

new sig... sorry alex
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayareaninerfan wrote:
I played with Ertz in high school and he is as good as advertised. He isn't going to blow you away with his blocking (more of a finesse guy) but he is a great reciever, much more so than Toilolo. We don't have that huge end zone threat that toilolo would bring but I think Ertz would be a better pick (homer warning). I would love to have him on the Niners
Haha, I went to San Ramon some years ago. Lots of good football out of the EBAL.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
sbrown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a really cray year in the draft. There are some good QB's (barkley, geno smith, t.wilson, landry jones) that would have been top 20 QB's in most drafts But I dont see many teams in need of QB's. (KC and maybe AZ). but even the teams that are bad have just drafted their Qb's

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
This is going to be a really cray year in the draft. There are some good QB's (barkley, geno smith, t.wilson, landry jones) that would have been top 20 QB's in most drafts But I dont see many teams in need of QB's. (KC and maybe AZ). but even the teams that are bad have just drafted their Qb's

QBs with star potential are still going to go high. Good for us. The more qbs that go high the more other choices are still left for us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
sbrown wrote:

QBs with star potential are still going to go high. Good for us. The more qbs that go high the more other choices are still left for us.

But to who? Im just trying to think of bad teams like Jax, clev, indy just drafted QB's unless teams like Buff,NYJ are ready to cut bait OR good teams like NYG, NO,Pitt are ready to find their eventual replacements

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
sbrown wrote:

But to who? Im just trying to think of bad teams like Jax, clev, indy just drafted QB's unless teams like Buff,NYJ are ready to cut bait OR good teams like NYG, NO,Pitt are ready to find their eventual replacements

Browns are already rumored to clean house after the season with their new ownership coming in. By the time the draft rolls around next year they'll have no one on that coaching staff or front office with ANY connection to Brandon Weeden so they can draft a brand new franchise QB with a clear conscience.

*(as an extra blocker)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 4 of 101

Jump to: