Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Hunter is about the only wr i would consider with our first.

Yeah, not sure I am buying into the 2nd rd billing I often see around the web on Hunter. It really all comes down to how he interviews and if he seems focused and hungry in the pre-draft workouts. His size and skills are probably gonna get him drafted in the top 20, if all else checks out.

Forge wrote:
I'd like john simon in the third if we are looking de there. He has a great motor. He can't play olb in the NFL, so he'd be a straight end

I'd like to know why it is you feel Simon can't play OLB. I also don't think he fits well as a 3-4 DE. He's pretty maxed out at 260, and while very strong, I just see him getting engulfed inside in that role. His game is at 4-3 DE, and he even got some looks as a LB. His build and overall game is very much like Ahmad Brooks, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Forge wrote:
Hunter is about the only wr i would consider with our first.

Yeah, not sure I am buying into the 2nd rd billing I often see around the web on Hunter. It really all comes down to how he interviews and if he seems focused and hungry in the pre-draft workouts. His size and skills are probably gonna get him drafted in the top 20, if all else checks out.

Forge wrote:
I'd like john simon in the third if we are looking de there. He has a great motor. He can't play olb in the NFL, so he'd be a straight end

I'd like to know why it is you feel Simon can't play OLB. I also don't think he fits well as a 3-4 DE. He's pretty maxed out at 260, and while very strong, I just see him getting engulfed inside in that role. His game is at 4-3 DE, and he even got some looks as a LB. His build and overall game is very much like Ahmad Brooks, I think.

I'm not the greatest at projecting a 4-3 lineman vs a 3-4 lineman, I will admit. I live in Cincinnati so I have to watch a lot of OSU games (one of the reasons I'm no big on hankins in the firsr-- seen enough to think he doesn't generate enough interior push to play nt) and I just really like him as a third rd prospect, but I couldn't really tell you how well he'd fit to scheme. I don't think he has the speed, particularly lateral quickness to be a very good olb. I think his strength is his strong suit, which would play well on the line.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I'm not the greatest at projecting a 4-3 lineman vs a 3-4 lineman, I will admit. I live in Cincinnati so I have to watch a lot of OSU games (one of the reasons I'm no big on hankins in the firsr-- seen enough to think he doesn't generate enough interior push to play nt) and I just really like him as a third rd prospect, but I couldn't really tell you how well he'd fit to scheme. I don't think he has the speed, particularly lateral quickness to be a very good olb. I think his strength is his strong suit, which would play well on the line.

All good. I don't want to pretend to be some expert either. Just giving opinions on what I see, read, and conclude. I haven't paid that much attention to Hankins. ( you know earlier I was talking about Simon, right?) From what I gather on Hankins.. He is strong, fairly mobile for his size, but should definitely stay inside. I don't imagine he drops out of the top 40 picks, but hey, that's the fun thing about the draft... anything can happen.

EDIT : * read it again, and now fully get who you were talking about and where *

Anyway... a reminder to those that care..

http://www.shrinegame.com/en/Teams.aspx

The 88th Annual East-West Shrine Game®

Date: Saturday, January 19, 2013
Time: Kick-off 4 p.m. EST

Television: Broadcast on NFL Network

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else watching the game?

That Gators kicker is a beast. I want him in the 6th.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:

Yeah, Sturgis is pretty damn good, but the kid from Florida State is better.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:

Devin Taylor is looking real good as a possible 5tech. Ive also liked what little I've seen from Lucas Reed at TE.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Looking good as a 4-3 DE to me.. not liking his lower half vs the run as a 3-4 DE.. but I guess he can build strength over time and do alright.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^ Looking good as a 4-3 DE to me.. not liking his lower half vs the run as a 3-4 DE.. but I guess he can build strength over time and do alright.

To me, Taylor and Margus Hunt are looking exactly the same as prospects. Big and tall, fast and strong, but play too high to be great 5 techniques.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

To me, Taylor and Margus Hunt are looking exactly the same as prospects. Big and tall, fast and strong, but play too high to be great 5 techniques.

Not a fan of Hunt to be completely honest. I think the two 5 techs who have the most potential in this draft are William Gholston and Joe Kruger.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Not a fan of Hunt to be completely honest. I think the two 5 techs who have the most potential in this draft are William Gholston and Joe Kruger.

Well, I am a fan of Hunt... in a 4-3.

We may not be able to find the prototypical 3-4 DE of our dreams in this draft. We could still find a good depth player to improve over Tukuafu and Dobbs. That would still be a step in the right direction. If we can't find the 6'4" 280 Justin Smith clone, we can still find a RayMac clone. A smaller one-gap penetrator that was overlooked coming out of college.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few guys showed some potential in today's game. The only one that got me excited was Taylor. Looked good as is, but that big frame of his could allow him to grow into a Justin-type 3-4 DE.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did some mock searching for the first time this year and most of them had us drafting either Alabama's DT Jesse Williams or West Virginias WR Tavon Austin. Didnt get to watch a ton of either this year so I went and watched some snaps of theres from a game each. Cant really make an opinion on either after only watching them in one game but here is what I watched.

I dont watch highlight tapes until watching several regular game footage of players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ksIy0xAMD8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGRF9Hb7IUg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shane P. Hallam ‏@ShanePHallam
Arthur Brown chatting with someone from the 49ers

pic.twitter.com/IvhJBQ55

Senior Bowl hotel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Watched Hunt's bowl game but barely remember too much of his overall play prior. I remember him beating that young RT around the edge time and again.. but as a 3-4 DE, I am not all that sure of Hunt.

THIS is the heir apparent to Justin that I am most favoring right now....

The San Francisco 49ers select....

Good article for those not too familiar with Datone.
http://www.pigskinheaven.com/content.php/1065-Datone-Jones

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you wanting datone in the first oldman?

and arthur brown is going to go earlier than most expect i think. but we do need some depth behind pat and bow for sure

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 23 of 101

Jump to: