Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
For anyone wondering our draft pick situation here's s break down by maiocco

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-have-stock-piled-plenty-2013-draft-picks

He says we could get a compensatory 3rd rounder. Anyone know who this would be for?
Snyder, given his contract and the fact that he "played" all year Laughing
Steal of the century if this works out and part of the reason why Rod Graves justifiably lost his job...

That's fantastic Laughing

So I'm assuming its the 33rd pick?

I'm starting to get into mock mode. I'm holding off until after the season ends but the thoughts are already creeping in my head.

I heard Snyder was worth a fifth and that the only third being given out this year is to Houston for losing Mario Williams.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd be stunned if Snyder netted us a 3rd

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:

The formula, as I understand it, is only based on playing time. Snyder was a starter for the Cardinals, and the predictions seem to show he'll be worth a 3rd.

If in fact he is, if this team sees someone they really want, even if it's further up the draft board - go up and get him. We'll still have a 3rd round pick. I just hope the team doesn't try and bring in 14 rookies, because our roster might have the space for like...6.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:

The formula, as I understand it, is only based on playing time. Snyder was a starter for the Cardinals, and the predictions seem to show he'll be worth a 3rd.

If in fact he is, if this team sees someone they really want, even if it's further up the draft board - go up and get him. We'll still have a 3rd round pick. I just hope the team doesn't try and bring in 14 rookies, because our roster might have the space for like...6.

Technically we will have three 3rd's at that point but we only have two 3rd round picks able to be traded. We will have a lot of fire power come draft time. It will be a lot of fun to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:

Salary is a big part iirc. But I'll gladly take a 3rd

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/

Quote:
San Francisco
The San Francisco 49ers lost Josh Morgan and will receive a 5th round pick.
The San Francisco 49ers lost Adam Snyder who is cancelled out by Mario Manningham.

IDK how accurate it is but here's another source

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This according to our resident (but MIA) Comp pick guru adamjt13:
Quote:
Although the formula has never been revealed, by studying the compensatory picks that have been awarded since they began in 1994, I’ve determined that the primary factor in the value of the picks awarded is the average annual value of the contract the player signed with his new team, with an adjustment for playing time and a smaller adjustment for postseason honors.
Snyder did get a 5 year $17.5 mil contract from the Cards and started all season. Not gonna hold my breath on post season honors unless the NFL creates the turnstile awards. The year prior, AZ swooped up Daryn Colledge from Green Bay and signed him to a 5 year $27.5 mil contract starting 16 games. That netted Green Bay only a fourth round pick so yea, a third for Snyder seems out of the ballpark. Like Kikuchiyo stated, a fifth seems far more likely.

http://adamjt13.blogspot.fr/2010/03/projecting-2010-compensatory-nfl-draft.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/

Quote:
San Francisco
The San Francisco 49ers lost Josh Morgan and will receive a 5th round pick.
The San Francisco 49ers lost Adam Snyder who is cancelled out by Mario Manningham.

IDK how accurate it is but here's another source

Shocked that would kinda suck if we lost a 3rd round pick just because we picked up Super Mario...

candyman93 wrote:
San Francisco is going to put an unmerciful beat down on everyone they play next year.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that fifth round pick would make that 14 total picks for us next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we moved up for a guy Jim and Baalke really wants.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://walterfootball.com/eastwest2013interviews4.php

Here is a list of teams and who they interviewed at the east west game today. 49ers interviewed Notre Dame safety Zeke Motta and SMU running back Zach Line. Dont know anything about either one but its interesting to see them talking with a running back. Im not surprised about the safety. Obviously these are extremely early talks but worth keeping an eye on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to SMU so here is a rundown on Zach Line. He is one of the all time leading rushers at SMU, rushed for 1000 yards the past 3 years and is a bruising runner. I think he will be a FB at the next level because his speed just isn't fast enough. Very tough runner inside and great pass blocker. Decent hands but nothing overly impressive. Could be moved to LB but might be a little short

Kenny Powers wrote:
Patrick Willis; runs like a cheetah, hits like a super pissed rhino
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

Here is a list of teams and who they interviewed at the east west game today. 49ers interviewed Notre Dame safety Zeke Motta and SMU running back Zach Line. Dont know anything about either one but its interesting to see them talking with a running back. Im not surprised about the safety. Obviously these are extremely early talks but worth keeping an eye on.

They interviewed the RB from SMU, but we don't know what the questions were. Maybe they were asking him all he knew about Margus Hunt. Wink

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

They interviewed the RB from SMU, but we don't know what the questions were. Maybe they were asking him all he knew about Margus Hunt. Wink

Yeah, I remember when the 49ers drafted Aldon Smith someone asked Maiocco (I think) if Jim/Trent were at the Mizzou pro day and his response was, "Yes, but everyone assumed they were there for Blaine Gabbert."

2 things: 1) You'll see a lot of smoke screens and stuff like that around this time. 2) I'm so glad we didn't waste a pick on Blaine Gabbert Laughing

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Yeah, I remember when the 49ers drafted Aldon Smith someone asked Maiocco (I think) if Jim/Trent were at the Mizzou pro day and his response was, "Yes, but everyone assumed they were there for Blaine Gabbert."

2 things: 1) You'll see a lot of smoke screens and stuff like that around this time. 2) I'm so glad we didn't waste a pick on Blaine Gabbert Laughing

I tell you, when I heard "Missouri", I was ready to cry. Then I was a little WTFed. Before the end of the night, I was happy.

Since yayareaninerfan seems to think Zach Line is a bit of a tweener.. our staff does like tweeners. Maybe there's something to it.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Thats funny you say that I was thinking SMU's Margus Hunt DE could be a guy we bring in.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 21 of 101

Jump to: