Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sopo, RJF, Goldson, Moss, Jacobs, Ginn and Delanie are our key FA's next year. Other guys like Gooden, Leonard Davis, and Larry Grant are also FA's. I also think we'll end up cutting Haralson and maybe Goodwin too.

I think we'll re-sign RJF, and maybe franchise Moss if he keeps playing well. If we release Haralson and Goodwin, i think Kilgore and maybe Fleming can step up into their respective roles. But who knows.

As of now, assuming we sign RJF and franchise Moss, i see our needs as

Starter- C (depends on Kilgore)

Backup/depth

-S (Goldson leaving)
-CB (5th CB to compete with Brock/Cox for the final spots)
-OLB (1-2 depending on Fleming's health/keeping Parys)
-TE (I don't think we re-sign Walker)
-DE (someone to groom under Smith/McDonald)
-ILB (might need 2- Gooden and Grant are FA's, Bowman has 1 year left on his deal after 2012)
-OL (keep drafting youngsters as backups, hopefully Kilgore/Looney have improved too)

TL;DR: I see it being a defense heavy draft, with some OL and TE too. Maybe a WR as well.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
and maybe franchise Moss if he keeps playing well.

You think we might F-tag Moss and pay him a 1 year, 10+ mil contract? Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
and maybe franchise Moss if he keeps playing well.

You think we might F-tag Moss and pay him a 1 year, 10+ mil contract? Shocked

i wouldnt want that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think next year we will aim at C/T/S in that order for the 1st round unless someone of unbelievable value slips. We have proved to be willing to take someone who isn't a need as long as his value is high for us (ei: Lamike).

Holmes out of USC would be ideal, but coming from a big time program may raise his stock enough to wHere he isn't available at the end of round 1.

As far as OT, I have no idea. And safety there is a pretty good lot to choose from; McDonald, Vacarro, Lester, and Rambo.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoLdRuSh wrote:
I think next year we will aim at C/T/S in that order for the 1st round unless someone of unbelievable value slips. We have proved to be willing to take someone who isn't a need as long as his value is high for us (ei: Lamike).

Holmes out of USC would be ideal, but coming from a big time program may raise his stock enough to wHere he isn't available at the end of round 1.

As far as OT, I have no idea. And safety there is a pretty good lot to choose from; McDonald, Vacarro, Lester, and Rambo.

Travis Frederick outta Wisconsin is moving to center and the dude is a MONSTER runblocker. I wouldn't mind spending the 32nd pick on him.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are going to package some picks and trade up for bjoern werner.
he has great pass rush strength. gets penetration on the run. high motor.
could be the next great 34 de. behind cowboy Rolling Eyes
oh my

he has a lot of potential too, which is a must for our staff. came to the us from germany for high school.
guy looks legit. i think he goes top 15/20 though, so we are going to have to use some of those picks we have in our pocket

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we decide to let Goldson go, Phillip Thomas should be a safety we target. Thomas is very good in coverage and is a sound tackler. I can't believe he is playing at the level he is after missing the entire season last year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the Baltimore area and I think Goldson is going to walk, Ed Reed is in the last year of his contract and has expressed multiple times on radio that he grew up a Niners fan. I think we will sign Reed short term and draft a developmental safety in the middle rounds.
sbrown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesl2424 wrote:
I live in the Baltimore area and I think Goldson is going to walk, Ed Reed is in the last year of his contract and has expressed multiple times on radio that he grew up a Niners fan. I think we will sign Reed short term and draft a developmental safety in the middle rounds.

as much as that sounds good to me, I think reed would retire before starting over and moving his family.

I still want my boy werner, marquis wilson from WSU is a good wr option

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBrown i know it would seem like he would want to finish where he started but Reed and the Ravens FO have been havimg issues this entire offseason. And moving the family wouldnt be an issue they dont live in bmore now. Right before the season he was being interviewed about his contract and all he could talk about was mewting Eric Wright and Ronnie Lott in vegas in the offseason and feeling like a little kid. Just some interesting info.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda got killed for saying this a few months ago, but will again suggest that after C, where we need someone better than Goodwin, our next biggest need is DE. We just have no high-quality backup for our starters, and Justin, as good as he is, is getting older and we just can't bury our heads in the sand and pretend it aint true.

A test of of what I'm saying? ... except for losing Alex who would be the next biggest loss to the team. My answer is that other Smith guy. He's the key ingredient on our defense (no offense to either of our ILBs).

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Kinda got killed for saying this a few months ago, but will again suggest that after C, where we need someone better than Goodwin, our next biggest need is DE. We just have no high-quality backup for our starters, and Justin, as good as he is, is getting older and we just can't bury our heads in the sand and pretend it aint true.

A test of of what I'm saying? ... except for losing Alex who would be the next biggest loss to the team. My answer is that other Smith guy. He's the key ingredient on our defense (no offense to either of our ILBs).

Take it a step further, if ANY Smith on the team goes down, we could be in trouble.

But I agree - DE needs to be up there, as the team didn't seem to handle him being off the field very well in the preseason. Of course, the defense WAS playing very vanilla without gameplanning as we've seen. I like RJF/Dobbs/Tukuafu enough, but would certainly buy in to a top flight guy who can learn for a year or two.

Correction, I can certainly buy into a top flight guy who will drive a select few crazy because he's not starting immediately and will be labeled a bust before his frist career snap.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 28th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 178
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 872
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Take it a step further, if ANY Smith on the team goes down, we could be in trouble.

But I agree - DE needs to be up there, as the team didn't seem to handle him being off the field very well in the preseason. Of course, the defense WAS playing very vanilla without gameplanning as we've seen. I like RJF/Dobbs/Tukuafu enough, but would certainly buy in to a top flight guy who can learn for a year or two.

Correction, I can certainly buy into a top flight guy who will drive a select few crazy because he's not starting immediately and will be labeled a bust before his frist career snap.

Yes, I think our three most valuable players are all namede Smith. Mayve we should just look for another Smith in the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesl2424 wrote:
SBrown i know it would seem like he would want to finish where he started but Reed and the Ravens FO have been havimg issues this entire offseason. And moving the family wouldnt be an issue they dont live in bmore now. Right before the season he was being interviewed about his contract and all he could talk about was mewting Eric Wright and Ronnie Lott in vegas in the offseason and feeling like a little kid. Just some interesting info.

I wish i wouldve known that. I would have tried to catch up with them and get some workouts in I did work out on day with shawntae spencer tho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toilollo looking like Fleener in the open field making moves and breaking tackles today. Minus that crazy speed.
Then he runs a drag in the back of the endzone in man. Grabs it in the corner, and taps um.
Keep it low toitoi. You're joining the farm extension

Gardener has looked really good this year as well. As he just slammed the az qb

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 3 of 101

Jump to: