Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8729
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Quote:
Stanford LBs Shayne Skov, Ben Gardner, and Trent Murphy are all returning to school to make a NC push.


national championship for stanford????? Cool


I thought Skov was a senior. Great news!

hes trying to get a medical redshirt. (he may have already). he confirmed on twitter

and above, hey man we have to share! i was on that tall man last season Cool
sharing is caring. WE CAN BE CO CAPTIANS OF THE TOITOI TRAIN1
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1075
Location: SF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked what I saw from Robert Lester tonight. Wouldn't mind having him at all if he slips in the second round. Unlikely though.
_________________

SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle_Rico


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 141
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this has already been discussed before but what do you guys think about Tyrann Mathieu?

I never follow the draft until it's a month or so out so i'm usually clueless before then, but i can't believe people are projecting him from the 5th to undrafted. I guess his coverage skills aren't great but i haven't seen a natural playmaker like this in the secondary in a while. Seems like a natural fit at free safety to me.

I would also actually guess the Niners are a team that could afford to take a chance on him. They have a ton of picks and have shown the will take guys with red flags (like Perrish Cox).

Anyone have any insight on him as a player and where he might end up going?
_________________
back in high school i could throw a pigskin a quarter mile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle_Rico wrote:
Maybe this has already been discussed before but what do you guys think about Tyrann Mathieu?

I never follow the draft until it's a month or so out so i'm usually clueless before then, but i can't believe people are projecting him from the 5th to undrafted. I guess his coverage skills aren't great but i haven't seen a natural playmaker like this in the secondary in a while. Seems like a natural fit at free safety to me.

I would also actually guess the Niners are a team that could afford to take a chance on him. They have a ton of picks and have shown the will take guys with red flags (like Perrish Cox).

Anyone have any insight on him as a player and where he might end up going?


I'd love to take a risk with him using a late rounder.

On a GM mock, I was able to trade away Delanie Walker for a 5th rounder and used it on Mathieu. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle_Rico


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 141
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Uncle_Rico wrote:
Maybe this has already been discussed before but what do you guys think about Tyrann Mathieu?

I never follow the draft until it's a month or so out so i'm usually clueless before then, but i can't believe people are projecting him from the 5th to undrafted. I guess his coverage skills aren't great but i haven't seen a natural playmaker like this in the secondary in a while. Seems like a natural fit at free safety to me.

I would also actually guess the Niners are a team that could afford to take a chance on him. They have a ton of picks and have shown the will take guys with red flags (like Perrish Cox).

Anyone have any insight on him as a player and where he might end up going?


I'd love to take a risk with him using a late rounder.

On a GM mock, I was able to trade away Delanie Walker for a 5th rounder and used it on Mathieu. Very Happy


Excellent move. Definitely wouldn't mind the niners pulling off something like that come draft time.

If i recall correctly the niners have a bunch of draft picks so why not swing for the fences with this kid? They only have so many roster spots as it is and might as well try for a high upside guy later in the draft.

Like i said before I don't follow the draft a ton but I have a hard time believing this kid will last until the 5th round. He's the type of player that several teams would probly target later as a high risk/high reward guy and my guess is that because of this someone will jump on him in the 4th so that they can guarantee him. You just don't see dynamic playmakers come out of the draft like him and go that late very often.

Obviously i acknowledge the red flags of the drugs and getting kicked off the team but he doesn't seem like a bad person. Just an immature kid who made mistakes. I guess that will all be determined in the interviews.

For me this is the draft story i'll be following most closely as the draft approaches.

All other thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
_________________
back in high school i could throw a pigskin a quarter mile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3999
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle_Rico wrote:
Maybe this has already been discussed before but what do you guys think about Tyrann Mathieu?

I never follow the draft until it's a month or so out so i'm usually clueless before then, but i can't believe people are projecting him from the 5th to undrafted. I guess his coverage skills aren't great but i haven't seen a natural playmaker like this in the secondary in a while. Seems like a natural fit at free safety to me.

I would also actually guess the Niners are a team that could afford to take a chance on him. They have a ton of picks and have shown the will take guys with red flags (like Perrish Cox).

Anyone have any insight on him as a player and where he might end up going?


It better be a 5th rounder or less because the guy is the very definition of 'head case' and even a potential 'cancer' in the locker room. Why do you think Les Miles actually kicked him off? And Miles is VERY lax and tolerant when it comes to player behavior. It says something about a guy when Miles has had enough (cannae stand Miles!).
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle_Rico wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Uncle_Rico wrote:
Maybe this has already been discussed before but what do you guys think about Tyrann Mathieu?

I never follow the draft until it's a month or so out so i'm usually clueless before then, but i can't believe people are projecting him from the 5th to undrafted. I guess his coverage skills aren't great but i haven't seen a natural playmaker like this in the secondary in a while. Seems like a natural fit at free safety to me.

I would also actually guess the Niners are a team that could afford to take a chance on him. They have a ton of picks and have shown the will take guys with red flags (like Perrish Cox).

Anyone have any insight on him as a player and where he might end up going?


I'd love to take a risk with him using a late rounder.

On a GM mock, I was able to trade away Delanie Walker for a 5th rounder and used it on Mathieu. Very Happy


Excellent move. Definitely wouldn't mind the niners pulling off something like that come draft time.

If i recall correctly the niners have a bunch of draft picks so why not swing for the fences with this kid? They only have so many roster spots as it is and might as well try for a high upside guy later in the draft.

Like i said before I don't follow the draft a ton but I have a hard time believing this kid will last until the 5th round. He's the type of player that several teams would probly target later as a high risk/high reward guy and my guess is that because of this someone will jump on him in the 4th so that they can guarantee him. You just don't see dynamic playmakers come out of the draft like him and go that late very often.

Obviously i acknowledge the red flags of the drugs and getting kicked off the team but he doesn't seem like a bad person. Just an immature kid who made mistakes. I guess that will all be determined in the interviews.

For me this is the draft story i'll be following most closely as the draft approaches.

All other thoughts and opinions are appreciated.


I wouldn't mind if we used a 4th on him at all, we have 4 picks prior to that anyways. I understand all his red flags and everything, but there's no denying the talent is there. What intrigues me the most is that I think he could be that slot corner that we need so bad.

When you think of guys like Vontez Burfict, I feel like guys deserve a chance. Plus, our guys on defense are about as disciplined as they come, they should be able to straighten him out. I never heard anything about him being a bad team mate too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
757-NINER


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 402
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:


I wouldn't mind if we used a 4th on him at all, we have 4 picks prior to that anyways. I understand all his red flags and everything, but there's no denying the talent is there. What intrigues me the most is that I think he could be that slot corner that we need so bad.


I'm curious as to why you feel we need a slot CB "so bad"? We improved to 4th against the pass this year, our highest ranking season in that category since the 90's. And were # 2 for the majority of the year before we gave up big days to Brady and Russell Wilson in weeks 15 and 16. I know a lot ppl feel like Rogers has lost a step from last year and he hasn't been as consistent. But I still think were better than most in that department. And I like the depth we have in a young guy like Cox, who I was high on when he played for Denver as a rookie.

I think we always need to draft for depth and talent in the secondary but I don't really see it as a 'need' at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2113
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:


I wouldn't mind if we used a 4th on him at all, we have 4 picks prior to that anyways. I understand all his red flags and everything, but there's no denying the talent is there. What intrigues me the most is that I think he could be that slot corner that we need so bad.


I'm curious as to why you feel we need a slot CB "so bad"? We improved to 4th against the pass this year, our highest ranking season in that category since the 90's. And were # 2 for the majority of the year before we gave up big days to Brady and Russell Wilson in weeks 15 and 16. I know a lot ppl feel like Rogers has lost a step from last year and he hasn't been as consistent. But I still think were better than most in that department. And I like the depth we have in a young guy like Cox, who I was high on when he played for Denver as a rookie.

I think we always need to draft for depth and talent in the secondary but I don't really see it as a 'need' at this point.


Rogers was actually better this year covering the slot than last year, but he is going to be 32 when the season starts next year and its a good idea to plan for the future before it gets here rather than afterwards.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swolfdab


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 1356
Location: Hayward, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
Liked what I saw from Robert Lester tonight. Wouldn't mind having him at all if he slips in the second round. Unlikely though.


2nd round is much too high for Robert Lester. Try 4th or 5th.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:


I wouldn't mind if we used a 4th on him at all, we have 4 picks prior to that anyways. I understand all his red flags and everything, but there's no denying the talent is there. What intrigues me the most is that I think he could be that slot corner that we need so bad.


I'm curious as to why you feel we need a slot CB "so bad"? We improved to 4th against the pass this year, our highest ranking season in that category since the 90's. And were # 2 for the majority of the year before we gave up big days to Brady and Russell Wilson in weeks 15 and 16. I know a lot ppl feel like Rogers has lost a step from last year and he hasn't been as consistent. But I still think were better than most in that department. And I like the depth we have in a young guy like Cox, who I was high on when he played for Denver as a rookie.

I think we always need to draft for depth and talent in the secondary but I don't really see it as a 'need' at this point.


Rogers has been beaten by quicker receivers, and has lost a step from last year. Last year was a career year for him, so I didn't expect him to match it, but he wasn't close to the same guy imo. We need to start looking for a guy to take over, and a guy who can learn from Rogers. Rogers is a very smart player, but he's just not as quick as he used to be.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4305
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:


I wouldn't mind if we used a 4th on him at all, we have 4 picks prior to that anyways. I understand all his red flags and everything, but there's no denying the talent is there. What intrigues me the most is that I think he could be that slot corner that we need so bad.


I'm curious as to why you feel we need a slot CB "so bad"? We improved to 4th against the pass this year, our highest ranking season in that category since the 90's. And were # 2 for the majority of the year before we gave up big days to Brady and Russell Wilson in weeks 15 and 16. I know a lot ppl feel like Rogers has lost a step from last year and he hasn't been as consistent. But I still think were better than most in that department. And I like the depth we have in a young guy like Cox, who I was high on when he played for Denver as a rookie.

I think we always need to draft for depth and talent in the secondary but I don't really see it as a 'need' at this point.


Rogers has been beaten by quicker receivers, and has lost a step from last year. Last year was a career year for him, so I didn't expect him to match it, but he wasn't close to the same guy imo. We need to start looking for a guy to take over, and a guy who can learn from Rogers. Rogers is a very smart player, but he's just not as quick as he used to be.


Xavier Rhodes Wink

Obviously we wouldn't have Rhodes in the slot, but a defensive backfield of Culliver and Rhodes on the outside and Brown covering the slot sounds pretty good to me.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8729
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poyer Wink
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1075
Location: SF
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Liked what I saw from Robert Lester tonight. Wouldn't mind having him at all if he slips in the second round. Unlikely though.


2nd round is much too high for Robert Lester. Try 4th or 5th.


Not sure if serious.
_________________

SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoLdRuSh


Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 1723
Location: Sun DieGo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoneyBadger on our team would be awesome! He would likely get a ST spot at the very least and would be a very good 4th CB to use to blitz and create havoc. He just makes plays like no other player has these past 2 years in CFB.
_________________
FFFAN33 wrote:
You're selling your PS3 to get an XBOX? You obviously don't like video games so I suggest you pick up a sport, like knitting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 18 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group