Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sherm


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 1823
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted DL in the 1st last yr. I saw this coming from the DL. we need NT and DE in the top 3 RDS.
_________________
I love me some 49ers, Michigan, and my Lakers.
2009- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan - 64 Tck 26 TFL 10.5 sacks
2010- Sam Acho, DE, Texas - 59 tck, 17 TFL, 9 sacks, 5 FF, 5 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FG21_PW52


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 4205
Location: 831, CA.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJF is nice but we have lofty expectations for the RDE/DT position. Justin Smith has been incredible, and we missed out replacing him a few times... (Jared Crick, JJ Watt, but I didn't expect us to get Watt. Really wanted Crick super bad.)

we may be screwed, I have no idea what this draft looks like 3-4 DLine-wise...
_________________


janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13240
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
I wanted DL in the 1st last yr. I saw this coming from the DL. we need NT and DE in the top 3 RDS.



I think most of us probably wanted Crick at some point in the second or third. Every year, there's a 3-4 DE prospect that I'd love to add, but there never seems to be any interest from our FO. I remember wanting Alex Carrington a few years ago. I thought he'd make a really great back-up/rotational guy. If we can't get anyone in the draft, is there someone hitting free agency?
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6979
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
I don't know that we can find that at the bottom of the first or anywhere else in the draft. All the very dominant defensive players in this draft will be gone in the top 10, it seems...


Don't know either... but one of those young draft prospects can evolve into a Justin Smith with the help of Tomsula. I really like Sharrif Floyd from Florida.

I'm still all for dumping the 3-4 though. I know most disagree and I am not looking to highjack this topic. That's just what is in my mind right now. I don't ever want to see Aldon in coverage. We add a body in the trenches and give less OL going 2nd level vs our stud LBs.


I think I prefer a hybrid approach. For some reason, Aldon worries me from the stance against the run. Okung pushed, pulled (and held) and pretty much shoved him around at will.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4337
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
I don't know that we can find that at the bottom of the first or anywhere else in the draft. All the very dominant defensive players in this draft will be gone in the top 10, it seems...


Don't know either... but one of those young draft prospects can evolve into a Justin Smith with the help of Tomsula. I really like Sharrif Floyd from Florida.

I'm still all for dumping the 3-4 though. I know most disagree and I am not looking to highjack this topic. That's just what is in my mind right now. I don't ever want to see Aldon in coverage. We add a body in the trenches and give less OL going 2nd level vs our stud LBs.


I think I prefer a hybrid approach. For some reason, Aldon worries me from the stance against the run. Okung pushed, pulled (and held) and pretty much shoved him around at will.


Our whole defense looked completely worn out. All those snaps against the Pats looked like they took a toll on our D. They seemed like they were on the field the whole game against Seattle too, hopefully they can get off the field vs the Cards and the Vikings can get us a first round bye so they can get some much needed rest.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8837
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't watched a lot of smu. But everybody said hunt was just a freak with no film or play.
The man has been dialing up the pressure already big time!
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers4life52


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 3197
Location: Fresno, CA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Haven't watched a lot of smu. But everybody said hunt was just a freak with no film or play.
The man has been dialing up the pressure already big time!

Yep, Hunt is wrecking Fresno States right tackle. Impressed so far...
_________________

^Kempes^


Last edited by 49ers4life52 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2118
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Haven't watched a lot of smu. But everybody said hunt was just a freak with no film or play.
The man has been dialing up the pressure already big time!


Yup, 3 sacks in one half. He's dominating Fresno St's RT. He could be making a case for a first round selection. Still SUPER raw though.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8837
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Haven't watched a lot of smu. But everybody said hunt was just a freak with no film or play.
The man has been dialing up the pressure already big time!


Yup, 3 sacks in one half. He's dominating Fresno St's RT. He could be making a case for a first round selection. Still SUPER raw though.

I'm on That wrong side! Went for the local team. Haha
He's tearing it up though. How's phillip Thomas looking?
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2118
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Haven't watched a lot of smu. But everybody said hunt was just a freak with no film or play.
The man has been dialing up the pressure already big time!


Yup, 3 sacks in one half. He's dominating Fresno St's RT. He could be making a case for a first round selection. Still SUPER raw though.

I'm on That wrong side! Went for the local team. Haha
He's tearing it up though. How's phillip Thomas looking?


Tough to tell without any all-22 footage how well either secondary is doing, but SMU has been moving the ball prettily easily all game. He is around the ball a lot and pretty good in coverage, but he also keeps getting beat. Just gave up another TD.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13240
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Haven't watched a lot of smu. But everybody said hunt was just a freak with no film or play.
The man has been dialing up the pressure already big time!



He beat tackles with speed and agility, not with strength. To me, he made a case for being a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 DE. The plays in which he actually put his hands on a lineman, he didn't look good. He didn't bullrush, he just stood there (too tall, oftentimes) and did very little. He was at his best at first when he ran the arc, lowering his hips and using his quickness (which was very impressive for such a big man), and then later, after setting up the tackle on the outside move, he completely ridiculed him by cutting inside, almost untouched, for a free rush at the QB. He lined up in the middle a couple of times, and again he was simply too quick for the interior linemen. But he didn't use his hands a whole lot from what I've seen, and didn't use his strength enough for what we'd expect from a 3-4 DL.

I have to admit to missing a good chunk of the 3rd quarter, as I was eating with my family. But from what I've seen, he looks like a 4-3 LDE. That doesn't mean he can't make the move to a 5-technique 3-4 DE. It's just that he didn't show it enough. He does have a great burst, and hand placement can be worked on, and there really isn't much doubt about his strength. If our FO feels he can work on his hands and bullrush, he could really be a monster, a poor man's JJ Watt. But based on this game, and the youtube vids I've seen, I'd bet he goes to a 4-3 team.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39895
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff, rudyZ. I didn't have time to watch, but I did record it to watch today at some point. Then, I'll get to see if you know what you're talking about.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13240
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Good stuff, rudyZ. I didn't have time to watch, but I did record it to watch today at some point. Then, I'll get to see if you know what you're talking about.



I only half-watched it. I was busy with christmas stuff. Hunt really had an amazing game. He just didn't show off the skillset we'd expect of a 3-4 DE, mostly because he didn't have to. He could have run in circles around the RT all game without being touched. He pretty much lined up on the left side all game, which surprised me, as I had seen him mostly at RDE in youtube vids. It looked like they were really trying to exploit the match-up with the RT, and Hunt made the most of it.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2118
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Good stuff, rudyZ. I didn't have time to watch, but I did record it to watch today at some point. Then, I'll get to see if you know what you're talking about.



I only half-watched it. I was busy with christmas stuff. Hunt really had an amazing game. He just didn't show off the skillset we'd expect of a 3-4 DE, mostly because he didn't have to. He could have run in circles around the RT all game without being touched. He pretty much lined up on the left side all game, which surprised me, as I had seen him mostly at RDE in youtube vids. It looked like they were really trying to exploit the match-up with the RT, and Hunt made the most of it.


Yeah, Hunt beat that RT like a drum. Unfortunately that RT was a true freshman (probably why they moved Hunt over there to exploit the mismatch) which makes the performance a little less impressive in my eyes. Against better competition the guy was basically a ghost for much of the year.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8837
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508757
What of the best mocks I've seen for us! 5 rounds. I would love this. All our needs covered with great talent. Maybe a nt needed
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 13 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group