Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, what players do you guys see us losing in the off season?

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
mrscottso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And before you guys say Goldson, if he has another good year I don't think they let him walk.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:

Still think Goldson will walk. If he has a big year, I still don't think we will pony up the big dollars for him. I think Fangio will believe he can get good play from others.. even if a slight dip at first.

I think we let Walker go test the market unless he wants a very discounted contract.

I think one of Sopo or RJF enjoys the FA market, but we find a way to lure the other one into staying put.

Not sure what to think about Moss yet. Would love for him to come back another year if he keeps producing and stays hungry.

I think Larry Grant probably leaves to have a real chance to start somewhere else right away.

I think we dump Parys Haralson's last contract year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want more talent at TE (big surprise, right?! Laughing ), C, S, LB and DL. I think we are pretty well stocked most other places...
neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S, DE, and MLB 1,2,3 in the draft.
John232

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think we're going to go Center and Free Safety in the two rounds. Goldson will be leaving and Goodwin is the definition of average. I think Oldman is right though, if Moss leaves, we may very well be looking at drafting another receiver.

After addressing Safety and Center I think we address depth in the trenches and possibly another OLB.

xsaMainevent on the sig
tiger9er08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know last year, I forget which game, the one where Delanie was going down wide open they had a video of Greg Roman in the booth saying Delaine was wide open too.. but Alex didnt throw it to him... im starting to wonder if Alex just isnt confident in throwing to him now.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
mrscottso wrote:

Still think Goldson will walk. If he has a big year, I still don't think we will pony up the big dollars for him. I think Fangio will believe he can get good play from others.. even if a slight dip at first.

I think we let Walker go test the market unless he wants a very discounted contract.

I think one of Sopo or RJF enjoys the FA market, but we find a way to lure the other one into staying put.

Not sure what to think about Moss yet. Would love for him to come back another year if he keeps producing and stays hungry.

I think Larry Grant probably leaves to have a real chance to start somewhere else right away.

All of the above.
I also think we let Goodwin and his last year go. Hopefully.

Another possibility is Ginn. He only signed on for a year and he always seems to be injured. If we trust Lamike and kdub or even Aj to take over by seasons end. I could see Ginn gone.

new sig... sorry alex
Psychlone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

All of the above.
Another possibility is Ginn. He only signed on for a year and he always seems to be injured. If we trust Lamike and kdub or even Aj to take over by seasons end. I could see Ginn gone.
I'm a big fan of Ginn's ST skills but how often do kick returners actually return kicks anymore? For the most part, their playing three flies out nine yards back in the end zone now. That alone reduces his value tremendously.
Side note, wonder if it's possible for kickers to elevate a kickoff so the distance is at or around the goal line but with more hang time for the coverage unit to get there quicker?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

All of the above.
I'm a big fan of Ginn's ST skills but how often do kick returners actually return kicks anymore? For the most part, their playing three flies out nine yards back in the end zone now. That alone reduces his value tremendously.
Side note, wonder if it's possible for kickers to elevate a kickoff so the distance is at or around the goal line but with more hang time for the coverage unit to get there quicker?

that's an interesting question I thought about that too, probably the next step for ST becoming better, speaking of special teams after watching the raiders game, I hope we have a back up long snapper if Jennings ever goes down...
Psychlone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

All of the above.

that's an interesting question I thought about that too, probably the next step for ST becoming better, speaking of special teams after watching the raiders game, I hope we have a back up long snapper if Jennings ever goes down...
Kilgore is our backup snapper and according to an article I read today, he does get reps with snaps at our practices. Unlike that poor bastard Goethel that apparently never had that opportunity. All on the coaching staff IMO and we're covered it seems Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
mrscottso wrote:

A year ago I never thought I would say extending Tarell Brown is way more important than re-signing Goldson. But it's true imo.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
mrscottso wrote:

A year ago I never thought I would say extending Tarell Brown is way more important than re-signing Goldson. But it's true imo.

Oh its definitely true. I've never been a huge dashon fan. Yeah, hell make some highlight reel hitss, but he's not great in coverage at all. People forger how much easier that front seven make it for that secondary, and I rember reading on Walter football about how goldson was still rated as one of the worst cover safeties in the NFL. I don't think dashon is a top ten safety, so I won't be sad to see him go. He's got a better rep than he actually deserves. Now brown, he's the person in the secondary I trust the most for sure.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
sbrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger9er08 wrote:
you know last year, I forget which game, the one where Delanie was going down wide open they had a video of Greg Roman in the booth saying Delaine was wide open too.. but Alex didnt throw it to him... im starting to wonder if Alex just isnt confident in throwing to him now.

nah I remember us talking about that after the ravens game. These are pros so they dont let those things enter their mind because its instinctual to pass to the open man. But I do wonder about DW's confidence level. All of these guys can catch very well, but once you drop a pass in the game sometimes its hard to shake that off and then you lose confidence.

I also wonder would we go with another wr early in the draft? I think jenkins can be what a roddy white is. And I like kyle williams alot too.

we do need another DE however and safety

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
tiger9er08 wrote:

nah I remember us talking about that after the ravens game. These are pros so they dont let those things enter their mind because its instinctual to pass to the open man. But I do wonder about DW's confidence level. All of these guys can catch very well, but once you drop a pass in the game sometimes its hard to shake that off and then you lose confidence.

I also wonder would we go with another wr early in the draft? I think jenkins can be what a roddy white is. And I like kyle williams alot too.

we do need another DE however and safety

yea I get the feeling DW's lost some confidence too, he did get injured with the jaw last year and lost some playing time, also now with more options to throw to on offense he'll get less looks so he wont get as many opportunities as years past.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 2 of 101

Jump to: