Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:
The-Catch wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu is traveling to San Francisco Friday night and will visit the 49ers on Saturday, according to an NFL.com report.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/report-honey-badger-visit-49ers-saturday

He's met with 19 total teams so far, I know a lot of us like him with one of our middle round picks.

I like him, but wow 19 teams makes me think somebody will nab him late 2nd.

With the way we draft we might take him at 31 or 34

I would not be surprised one bit.

woah you guys are going higher than i was thinking
i was going to go with our late second for him in my mock. might have to trade up Laughing

i was watching a few of his game cuts. i think he is getting underrated due to his size. i love his game. a problem i saw a lot is that he doesnt wrap up and goes for the strip too often instead of securing the tackle
hes growing on me the more i watch though. i always like his highlights, but watching his tape.... hes impressing me

looking for a later safety, was thinking bacarri rambo. watched his bama game... really bad game. dude shies from contact like no other. not a fan

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:
The-Catch wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Quote:
Tyrann Mathieu is traveling to San Francisco Friday night and will visit the 49ers on Saturday, according to an NFL.com report.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/report-honey-badger-visit-49ers-saturday

He's met with 19 total teams so far, I know a lot of us like him with one of our middle round picks.

i was going to go with our late second for him in my mock. might have to trade up Laughing

i was watching a few of his game cuts. i think he is getting underrated due to his size. i love his game. a problem i saw a lot is that he doesnt wrap up and goes for the strip too often instead of securing the tackle
hes growing on me the more i watch though. i always like his highlights, but watching his tape.... hes impressing me

looking for a later safety, was thinking bacarri rambo. watched his bama game... really bad game. dude shies from contact like no other. not a fan

Yeah, I think we will either have to trade up from 61 to get Mathieu, or take him with one of our first two picks. The more I've thought about it the more I really like the idea of getting a corner with one of our top 3 picks even though we kind of have a logjam there right now. With brown, cox, scrabble all free agents after the year, and rogers unlikely to be back, it may be in our best interest to get one now to grow into a starter next year. Especially since the only one of those corners I expect to be back is brown (unless cox takes over punt return duties and does very well).

As for Rambo, I'm really high on him as a prospect. He's just a different type of prospect. He's not a strong safety like most of the top safeties in this class; he's more of a single high coverage guy; i actually think he's probably the second best prospect in that regard (third if you want to count Amerson as a safety, where I think he will be dynamite). Paid Rambo with a Reid/cyprien/Elam combination and I think you'll have a very good tandem back there for years to come

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we're talking about trading up for Matthieu?! NO THANK YOU. Did not like the idea when he was thought to be a mid-late round pick. Hate the idea of picking him at all, and definitely not in the 2nd round.
If Les Miles kicked him off the team (that guy rarely kicks anyone off--he's lets his guys get away with a LOT!), I don't want the 9ers to even consider him.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:
The-Catch wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I think we will either have to trade up from 61 to get Mathieu, or take him with one of our first two picks. The more I've thought about it the more I really like the idea of getting a corner with one of our top 3 picks even though we kind of have a logjam there right now. With brown, cox, scrabble all free agents after the year, and rogers unlikely to be back, it may be in our best interest to get one now to grow into a starter next year. Especially since the only one of those corners I expect to be back is brown (unless cox takes over punt return duties and does very well).

As for Rambo, I'm really high on him as a prospect. He's just a different type of prospect. He's not a strong safety like most of the top safeties in this class; he's more of a single high coverage guy; i actually think he's probably the second best prospect in that regard (third if you want to count Amerson as a safety, where I think he will be dynamite). Paid Rambo with a Reid/cyprien/Elam combination and I think you'll have a very good tandem back there for years to come

I really like Rambo. my only concern is his tackling, he needs to work on this. He seems to go for the big hit or shy away from contact. with Whitner's contract ending next year, I wouldn't be opposed to taking two safeties in this year's draft.

I also wouldn't mind Amerson, he would be a true ball hawk for our secondary but I don't know if he can come in and start right away as he would be playing a different position. If we had a better stop gap at S then I wouldn't mind but Dahl in the backfield makes me cringe.

Who knows maybe we go S with the 31 and 34 picks. I know we need to filled other positions but if we have learned anything from the past two years, we should believe in all possibilities and that even includes drafting the honey badger.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
I really like Rambo. my only concern is his tackling, he needs to work on this. He seems to go for the big hit or shy away from contact. with Whitner's contract ending next year, I wouldn't be opposed to taking two safeties in this year's draft.

I also wouldn't mind Amerson, he would be a true ball hawk for our secondary but I don't know if he can come in and start right away as he would be playing a different position. If we had a better stop gap at S then I wouldn't mind but Dahl in the backfield makes me cringe.

Who knows maybe we go S with the 31 and 34 picks. I know we need to filled other positions but if we have learned anything from the past two years, we should believe in all possibilities and that even includes drafting the honey badger.

Yeah, if you go with Rambo or convert Amerson, you're going to be going with a far more traditional "free safety and strong safety" pairing rather than having two interchangeable safeties. I don't really feel it's a huge issue so long as both safeties are particularly good at they're individual skill sets.

I've been a proponent of the drafting 2 safeties thing for a while now. This draft is deep at safety, but I think it's lacking in ball hawking coverage guys; looking at the top of the draft, you see a lot more "in the box" and traditional strong safety prospects that may have the ability to play in coverage (Cyprien, Elam, Reid, Swearinger). There are fewer "coverage" safeties if you're not including the corners who will convert (Amerson, Hyde, maybe Banks). I think getting one of each will replenish the backend of our secondary for several years at a very cheap cost. Since this draft is safety heavy, this would be the year to do it.

AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if we took honey badger at 31 and Rambo at 34..

I think that would be a real nice addition
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:

With the way we have drafted in the past, I would not rule out any scenario.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:

If those are the guys we're targeting with our 1st two picks I would much rather see a trade back into the middle of the 2nd. I dont see anything saying we have any interest in Rambo yet. The only safety I know we talked to is Cyprien as of today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

If those are the guys we're targeting with our 1st two picks I would much rather see a trade back into the middle of the 2nd. I dont see anything saying we have any interest in Rambo yet. The only safety I know we talked to is Cyprien as of today.

yeah, i doubt that we have seriously been looking into rambo; he doesn't seem to fit what we are looking for in a safety, which is for them to be big and physical. we are hoping for another goldson, a big hitter who develops coverage ability. We talked to Cyprien, reports are that we are doing a lot of research on Reid, and i think we have talked with Duke Williams a couple of times. Elam, though physical, may be off our board due to his size (elam, whitner, brown all under 5'11? we'd have a nightmare in the secondary against teams with bigger receivers).

AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

yeah, i doubt that we have seriously been looking into rambo; he doesn't seem to fit what we are looking for in a safety, which is for them to be big and physical. we are hoping for another goldson, a big hitter who develops coverage ability. We talked to Cyprien, reports are that we are doing a lot of research on Reid, and i think we have talked with Duke Williams a couple of times. Elam, though physical, may be off our board due to his size (elam, whitner, brown all under 5'11? we'd have a nightmare in the secondary against teams with bigger receivers).

I actually REALLY REALLY like Duke Williams..

He looks real good on tape
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

I actually REALLY REALLY like Duke Williams..

He looks real good on tape

I have a little crush on Williams too, he spoke with a local radio station here after his proday and said he was coming in to meet with Baalke before the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost of guys we met with via matt
Quote:

Running backs
Le'Veon Bell (Michigan State), personal session at pro day (San Francisco Chronicle)

Wide receivers
Tavon Austin (West Virginia), visit, April 2 (Sacramento Bee)
Tyrone Goard (Eastern Kentucky), private workout (Scout.com)
Terrell Sinkfield (Northern Iowa), private workout (Associated Press)
Greg Wilson (Fordham), private workout (NFL draft Bible)
Martel Moore (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15 (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)
Perez Ashford (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15, (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)

Tight ends
Gavin Escobar (San Diego State), visit, March 18 (Draft Insider)
Matt Furstenburg (Maryland), private workout (XM/Sirius)

Defensive linemen
NT John Jenkins (Georgia), visit (NFL Network)
DT Quinton Dial (Alamaba), visit (Scout.com)

Cornerbacks
Tyrann Mathieu (LSU), visit, April 6 (CSN Bay Area)
Rashaan Melvin (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15 (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)

Safeties
Jonathan Cyprien (Florida International), visit (Pro Football Talk)
Duke Williams (Nevada), personal session at pro day (multiple reports)

Special teams
LS Kevin McDermott (UCLA), private workout (Draft Insider)

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Quote:

Running backs
Le'Veon Bell (Michigan State), personal session at pro day (San Francisco Chronicle)

Wide receivers
Martel Moore (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15 (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)
Perez Ashford (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15, (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)

Tight ends

Defensive linemen

Cornerbacks
Rashaan Melvin (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15 (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)

Safeties

Special teams

now which guy doesn't make sense at pick 31...
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Quote:

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Defensive linemen

Cornerbacks

Safeties

Special teams

now which guy doesn't make sense at pick 31...

LOL! I was just thinking that
Applause d'oh! Applause
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin right there at the end for sure. Nobody would expect him in the first.
Surprise surprise mayock

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 100 of 101

Jump to: