Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have added that another direction they thought we might go, after noting how important Delanie was to us, would be to take Ertz (or Eifert if we happened to last that long).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock today was touting D J Hayden (who?) as a first round talent at CB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Just got done watching NFL network talk about the SF draft. Casserly sees FS as our biggest need and suggested moving up to get Vaccaro would be a move we should consider (or maybe one he would consider). They also mentioned Brandon Williams and Montori Hughes as guys to look at with our lower second round or our third round pick.

If we think Vaccaro is significantly better than the other safeties, and I have thought that for some time, I think this is something we could well do. We lose an pro bowler in Goldson but then go out and get a potential future pro bowler to replace him. Sounds good to me.

saw that too... they said we will probably address corner early which i agree with. but then i had to laugh when they explained it
so according to them culliver might not be back because what he said at the super bowl Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh and i would love vaccaro. hes going to be a stud. but hes going to go very high. and i dont think if we trade up in the first its going to be a huge jump. im thinking maybe a few picks

new sig... sorry alex
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Just got done watching NFL network talk about the SF draft. Casserly sees FS as our biggest need and suggested moving up to get Vaccaro would be a move we should consider (or maybe one he would consider). They also mentioned Brandon Williams and Montori Hughes as guys to look at with our lower second round or our third round pick.

If we think Vaccaro is significantly better than the other safeties, and I have thought that for some time, I think this is something we could well do. We lose an pro bowler in Goldson but then go out and get a potential future pro bowler to replace him. Sounds good to me.

saw that too... they said we will probably address corner early which i agree with. but then i had to laugh when they explained it
so according to them culliver might not be back because what he said at the super bowl Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh and i would love vaccaro. hes going to be a stud. but hes going to go very high. and i dont think if we trade up in the first its going to be a huge jump. im thinking maybe a few picks

Where Vaccaro goes depends on how good he really is, and on how many teams need a S. Last year Barron went in the top 10 and Harrison Smith at 29. In 2011 the first S wasn't taken until pick 45. in 2010 Earl Thomas went at 14 but then the second S didn't go until the 30's. So is Vaccaro more like Barron or Thomas, or like Smith, Nate Allen or Rahim Moore? And who else needs a S. I'm hoping he's as good as Barron and Thomas and that no one else really needs a S. Realistically, I think he goes in the late teens or early to mid 20s. At that level we could get him if we really wanted him badly enough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he doesn't really fit in as a Kaepernick-like backup, but what would you guys think about Tulane's QB Ryan Griffin as a late round flyer/udfa for development?
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Where Vaccaro goes depends on how good he really is, and on how many teams need a S. Last year Barron went in the top 10 and Harrison Smith at 29. In 2011 the first S wasn't taken until pick 45. in 2010 Earl Thomas went at 14 but then the second S didn't go until the 30's. So is Vaccaro more like Barron or Thomas, or like Smith, Nate Allen or Rahim Moore? And who else needs a S. I'm hoping he's as good as Barron and Thomas and that no one else really needs a S. Realistically, I think he goes in the late teens or early to mid 20s. At that level we could get him if we really wanted him badly enough.

I think the landing spot for vaccaro is in the mid first. maybe carolina, st. louis and dallas. However, the S class is deep and i don't think we'll trade up for him unless baalke believes it is worth it.

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I think the landing spot for vaccaro is in the mid first. maybe carolina, st. louis and dallas. However, the S class is deep and i don't think we'll trade up for him unless baalke believes it is worth it.

i also think he goes mid first.
but he has the chance to go top 10 i think. if he improves his numbers at his pro day.

new sig... sorry alex
P-52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the amount of picks we have if they fall in love with any player hes ours

If we trade our 1st and chiefs 2nd that can get us up to around #13 pick. if we add our 2nd we're in the top 10. So i think whatever player they target theyre going to get no matter what

Jim Harbaugh's reaction to bloody Ahmad Brooks' helmetless sack: “Loved it, loved it. Wish he would have come and wiped some on my cheek.”
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-52 wrote:

If we trade our 1st and chiefs 2nd that can get us up to around #13 pick. if we add our 2nd we're in the top 10. So i think whatever player they target theyre going to get no matter what

HMMM...
STAR PLEASE FALL TO 13! Twisted Evil

question. before the combine, star was talked universally as the number 1 dt. and a lot of people said the best player in the draft. now im seeing him fall to 15, get picked after floyd and richardson. i dont understand. is it because the heart thing? if so then he shouldnt be in the first at all right? if he checks out and everything is fine, and it was dehydration combined with other stuff then shouldnt he go back to where he was before the combine test????

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
P-52 wrote:

HMMM...

question. before the combine, star was talked universally as the number 1 dt. and a lot of people said the best player in the draft. now im seeing him fall to 15, get picked after floyd and richardson. i dont understand. is it because the heart thing? if so then he shouldnt be in the first at all right? if he checks out and everything is fine, and it was dehydration combined with other stuff then shouldnt he go back to where he was before the combine test????

I think the problem is that they still don't know what caused it. I think that's making some teams gun shy. As I understand it, he's going to be re evaluated by NFL docs in April before the draft. Right now, I think people are just a little sketchy about him. At least the others don't have any medical issues. In the top 10-12, you're looking at teams with multiple holes to fill. If they have similar grades between star and another prospect, I think for right now they are going with the medically clear prospect.

All that being said, I wouldn't be shocked if he still goes in top 8-10

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been so fixated on d-line that I think I've been ignoring the obvious. We lost Goldson and Walker and didn't get, and don't have, replacements for them. The more I think about it the more I think we'll take a S and a TE with our first two picks, maybe even packaging our other second or one of our thirds to get who we want if there happens to be a guy we want a whole lot. Eifert and Vaccaro seem like future pro bowlers to me. But that just means they'll go before we pick. I'm thinking Reid or Cyprien and Ertz are likely picks for us.

I'd like Datone, but I just don't see how we can take a DE when we've got Justin and Ray at that spot and have such big holes at S and at the spot Delanie used to play. Maybe we're looking at a S or TE that we think will last till the early third that will be as good as Ertz or Reid/Cyprien. That's the only way I can see us using our first pick on a d-line guy.

I guess the other possibility is that we package our bottom of the second and our first third. That should be enough to move up into the upper area of the second where maybe we could get Ertz after taking Datone and either Reid or Cyprien. That seems perfect to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
P-52 wrote:

HMMM...

I think the problem is that they still don't know what caused it. I think that's making some teams gun shy. As I understand it, he's going to be re evaluated by NFL docs in April before the draft. Right now, I think people are just a little sketchy about him. At least the others don't have any medical issues. In the top 10-12, you're looking at teams with multiple holes to fill. If they have similar grades between star and another prospect, I think for right now they are going with the medically clear prospect.

from what ive read they said it was from a recent cold or virus

Jim Harbaugh's reaction to bloody Ahmad Brooks' helmetless sack: “Loved it, loved it. Wish he would have come and wiped some on my cheek.”
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-52 wrote:
Forge wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
P-52 wrote:

HMMM...

from what ive read they said it was from a recent cold or virus

That's what I saw star say, but I haven't seen anything back that up. I also saw reports that it was dehydration. I think we will know once and for all if its going to be an issue once he's reevaluated by the NFL docs.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Melbourne 9er

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I've been so fixated on d-line that I think I've been ignoring the obvious. We lost Goldson and Walker and didn't get, and don't have, replacements for them. The more I think about it the more I think we'll take a S and a TE with our first two picks, maybe even packaging our other second or one of our thirds to get who we want if there happens to be a guy we want a whole lot. Eifert and Vaccaro seem like future pro bowlers to me. But that just means they'll go before we pick. I'm thinking Reid or Cyprien and Ertz are likely picks for us.

I'd like Datone, but I just don't see how we can take a DE when we've got Justin and Ray at that spot and have such big holes at S and at the spot Delanie used to play. Maybe we're looking at a S or TE that we think will last till the early third that will be as good as Ertz or Reid/Cyprien. That's the only way I can see us using our first pick on a d-line guy.

I guess the other possibility is that we package our bottom of the second and our first third. That should be enough to move up into the upper area of the second where maybe we could get Ertz after taking Datone and either Reid or Cyprien. That seems perfect to me.

I think that you will find that a Pro Bowl pass rush made Goldson a Pro Bowl safety. We need to address the front 7 first then get a safety in the 3rd or 4th. That's why I'd be looking at a Hankins/JWilliams/Jones with the first an Okafor with our early 2nd. The whole defence went downhill when Smith & Smith got injured.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melbourne 9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I think that you will find that a Pro Bowl pass rush made Goldson a Pro Bowl safety. We need to address the front 7 first then get a safety in the 3rd or 4th. That's why I'd be looking at a Hankins/JWilliams/Jones with the first an Okafor with our early 2nd. The whole defence went downhill when Smith & Smith got injured.

He wasn't just a pro bowler, he was an all pro. That means he was one of the best safeties in the game. Maybe you think both the pro bowl and the all pro voting over-rated him, but you're going to have to come to grips with how much someone who knows more about this than you and I was willing to pay him. There's not one position in our front 7 where a rookie could beat out the current starter except NT. But our NT only plays a third of the plays and our FS plays all of the defensive snaps.

I've been saying for some time we need to get some young talent on our d-line, but not before we replace one of our starters that played virtually every defensive snap and who was a pro bowler, and all pro, and just got paid over $8 million a year by another team. If there's a DE that we think is just way better than whatever safeties are available then we might take him. But there's no way we're not using a high pick on a safety.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 86 of 101

Jump to: