Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoLdRuSh wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Here's a guy with similar skills (I think) that we might be able to get a couple rounds lower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVvCfG4Xaeo

Definitely see the similarities but the upside doesn't seem as great. Escobar can has Jimmy Graham potential as a receiver. If we want a more traditional TE to free up VD from blocking assignments Dion Sims is someone who fits the bill.

Escobar's got real soft hands, but he's nowhere near the same kind of athlete as Jimmy Graham and doesn't have his unreal potential. Like I said previously, Kelce's my favorite TE in this draft followed closely by Vance McDonald. Both have really underrated blocking skills to go along with their excellent pass catching skills. I'm not a big fan of Eifert or Escobar because neither are really used too much as blockers and haven't really shown good ability there when they are used. Ertz is right up there with Kelce and McDonald, but I don't see as much potential in him as I do the others.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If talking outside of the first 2 rounds (Eifert + Ertz), then my favorites are Travis Kelce in rd 3 or Dion Sims with the late 3 or 4. Stoneburner's interesting, soon after that.

___
GoLdRuSh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:

Escobar's got real soft hands, but he's nowhere near the same kind of athlete as Jimmy Graham and doesn't have his unreal potential. Like I said previously, Kelce's my favorite TE in this draft followed closely by Vance McDonald. Both have really underrated blocking skills to go along with their excellent pass catching skills. I'm not a big fan of Eifert or Escobar because neither are really used too much as blockers and haven't really shown good ability there when they are used. Ertz is right up there with Kelce and McDonald, but I don't see as much potential in him as I do the others.

I guess you're right in the fact that his athleticism isn't great. I mostly see Escobar as a replacement for Walker more than an true upgrade due to his lack of speed. As a receiver alone he is better than Walker in regards to size and hands.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GcdKCG5F8Q

If we do not select an heir apparent to Justin Smith in the first 2 rounds?

GET THIS GUY IN RD 3 !!!!

( Mike Catapano / Princeton )

I keep wondering who we might target at DE if we don't get a guy with any of our first few picks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoLdRuSh wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Here's a guy with similar skills (I think) that we might be able to get a couple rounds lower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVvCfG4Xaeo

Definitely see the similarities but the upside doesn't seem as great. Escobar can has Jimmy Graham potential as a receiver. If we want a more traditional TE to free up VD from blocking assignments Dion Sims is someone who fits the bill.

I agree with all of this. Just depend on how high we want to take one and who's still left when we pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Northern Illinois WR Martel Moore has a private visit with the Seattle Seahawks

At his pro day, there were two teams in attendance, the San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos. He wanted to prove he can run routes for NFL teams. "Route running, catching ability. I know Iíve got more football speed than just flat-out time speed," Moore said. "Thatís something that I have to show them, how I can run real routes real fast and I can break tackles." Moore closed out his college football career with a career-high 224 yards against Arkansas State in the GoDaddy.com Bowl.

since napalm left us Evil or Very Mad. taking his replacement from niu
highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XooGhNzGJSo his catch at 10 and replayed at 27 seconds is pretty. a nice one hander at 3 min. shows off his speed at 3:15. made a lot of great over the shoulder catches in the vid down field

he balled out during that bowl game. the only person on that offense who could do anything. he got his even with tebow2.0 at qb.

another quicker slim guy. seems that what our staff seems to like. aj lockete moore and this moore

new sig... sorry alex
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going TE, I still like Ertz the best of any in this class. I think in the right situation (an offense he is comfortable with and suits his skills, aka Harbaugh) he has a Jason Witten type of career. He is a very good blocker, reliable hands, reads zone coverage well, and just has a knack for getting open. He isn't going to have some of the "wow" plays others in the class might and isn't an explosive athlete, but I think he would be a perfect compliment to Davis for our team. I will flip my [inappropriate/removed] if he is a Niner on draft day.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
In general Jarvis Jones is looking mediocre today. 4.85 40, 30.5 vertical, 9-3 broad jump, 7.45 3-cone, 20 reps on bench.

I didn't think he would test well. But that's worse that I was expecting.
If he somehow fell to 31 I would love the pick.
He can learn behind brooks.

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@espn_nfcwest: San Francisco 49ers picks in 2013 NFL draft: 31, 34, 61, 74, 93, 128, 131-cmp, 157, 164, 180, 227, 237, 246-cmp, 252-cmp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I no alot of people are hoping for a TE with one of our first two picks an every one who wants a TE that early wants Eifert or Ertz. I love both players an like the idea but I am not for it. I dont wanna go with a TE that early even if its one of those stud TE's. We dont even use VD anuff an hes arguably are best receiving weapon. I dont think we go with a TE I just dont. Im sure from the 3rd rd on well be players for a TE an we need another but dont like the idea of taking one so early.

We are gonna possibly end up taking 2-4 starters with the hopes they become starters right away or at some point this season.

FS- seems like its verrrrrrrrry obvious we end up with a starter this season an long term an take that person early in the draft.

NT- We did sign Dorsey but its not written in stone hes 100 percent the starter there an he will have competition other then Ian Williams I think. Its likely tho the team doesnt view this has a huge need an we end up taking a guy later in the draft to compete for a roster spot at NT instead of taking some 1 early to compete for a starting job at NT.

Wild Cards- guys from the draft who may end up starters wether the team drafted them to be starters right away or not.

WR- Its possible we end up taking at WR in this draft an he earns a starting role right away as our #3 WR.

C- Goodwin has been a great player for us but he is getting old an generally C play a long time an some get better with age an this seems to be the case with Goodwin that he has gotten better with age but one other thing is true with C an that is when they fall off they fall off hard. We need to be prepared Goodwin enters the year an just doesnt have it any more. taking a C end of day 2 or early on day 3 would be wise an the hope would be to develop him some more for another year or two but its possible Goodwin loses out to this rookie C an we end up with another rookie starting.

We all are hoping to get a great player in this years draft to replace Justin Smith at some point in the couple of seasons but unless there is a injury at DE dont see a rookie winning a spot there an same goes for CB. LB spots are locked down as well an we just need depth there. QB, RB, TE an OL (outside of C) is locked down with the exception of some depth at some of those spots an WR IMO is in need of another playmaker, another good player. Outside of Crabtree I dont trust any one an I like Boldin an Jenkins but Boldin is getting old an can only so much, Jenkins is still young an learning an I think isnt ready for fulltime duties.

So my point is that we mostly just need depth, Outside of FS were we need a starter its unlikely to see a rookie starting full time assuming there is no injurys to the other spots outside of WR, C, FS and NT were I think a rookie could find starting time with out a injury.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan2152 wrote:
I no alot of people are hoping for a TE with one of our first two picks an every one who wants a TE that early wants Eifert or Ertz. I love both players an like the idea but I am not for it. I dont wanna go with a TE that early even if its one of those stud TE's. We dont even use VD anuff an hes arguably are best receiving weapon. I dont think we go with a TE I just dont. Im sure from the 3rd rd on well be players for a TE an we need another but dont like the idea of taking one so early.

We are gonna possibly end up taking 2-4 starters with the hopes they become starters right away or at some point this season.

FS- seems like its verrrrrrrrry obvious we end up with a starter this season an long term an take that person early in the draft.

NT- We did sign Dorsey but its not written in stone hes 100 percent the starter there an he will have competition other then Ian Williams I think. Its likely tho the team doesnt view this has a huge need an we end up taking a guy later in the draft to compete for a roster spot at NT instead of taking some 1 early to compete for a starting job at NT.

Wild Cards- guys from the draft who may end up starters wether the team drafted them to be starters right away or not.

WR- Its possible we end up taking at WR in this draft an he earns a starting role right away as our #3 WR.

C- Goodwin has been a great player for us but he is getting old an generally C play a long time an some get better with age an this seems to be the case with Goodwin that he has gotten better with age but one other thing is true with C an that is when they fall off they fall off hard. We need to be prepared Goodwin enters the year an just doesnt have it any more. taking a C end of day 2 or early on day 3 would be wise an the hope would be to develop him some more for another year or two but its possible Goodwin loses out to this rookie C an we end up with another rookie starting.

We all are hoping to get a great player in this years draft to replace Justin Smith at some point in the couple of seasons but unless there is a injury at DE dont see a rookie winning a spot there an same goes for CB. LB spots are locked down as well an we just need depth there. QB, RB, TE an OL (outside of C) is locked down with the exception of some depth at some of those spots an WR IMO is in need of another playmaker, another good player. Outside of Crabtree I dont trust any one an I like Boldin an Jenkins but Boldin is getting old an can only so much, Jenkins is still young an learning an I think isnt ready for fulltime duties.

So my point is that we mostly just need depth, Outside of FS were we need a starter its unlikely to see a rookie starting full time assuming there is no injurys to the other spots outside of WR, C, FS and NT were I think a rookie could find starting time with out a injury.

I think you are completely underestimating the role Walker played in our offensive He may not have been a "starter" but he was in on more offensive snaps than any receiver other than Crabtree. He was in on way, way more plays than Hunter or even Hunter and James combined. As a "non-starter" he played way more snaps than our "starter" at NT who was out more than he was in. We like using two TEs. Unless you think Celek can be that guy, or that we are going to make a fairly big change to our offensive approach I wouldn't be so sure about our lack of interest in one of the top TEs. Delanie was in on about 60% of the snaps. There is more room for a rookie to get playing time there than at any other spot other than FS. Personally I think Delanie's departure leaves one of the bigger holes on our team.

Of course you could be right, but it sure isn't as clear as you make it sound.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
49ersfan2152 wrote:

I think you are completely underestimating the role Walker played in our offensive He may not have been a "starter" but he was in on more offensive snaps than any receiver other than Crabtree. He was in on way, way more plays than Hunter or even Hunter and James combined. As a "non-starter" he played way more snaps than our "starter" at NT who was out more than he was in. We like using two TEs. Unless you think Celek can be that guy, or that we are going to make a fairly big change to our offensive approach I wouldn't be so sure about our lack of interest in one of the top TEs. Delanie was in on about 60% of the snaps. There is more room for a rookie to get playing time there than at any other spot other than FS. Personally I think Delanie's departure leaves one of the bigger holes on our team.

Of course you could be right, but it sure isn't as clear as you make it sound.

I agree about Walker and I think if we pick a TE with one of our first 3 picks they will play a lot. But I think if we dont see a TE in the first 3 picks we can expect to see more 3 WR sets with Boldin playing the role of Walker since his best position is in the slot.. So it could be a minor change in philosophy but I think the draft will dictate that.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a jamesl2424 sighting... well, how bout that?!?

___
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done watching NFL network talk about the SF draft. Casserly sees FS as our biggest need and suggested moving up to get Vaccaro would be a move we should consider (or maybe one he would consider). They also mentioned Brandon Williams and Montori Hughes as guys to look at with our lower second round or our third round pick.

If we think Vaccaro is significantly better than the other safeties, and I have thought that for some time, I think this is something we could well do. We lose an pro bowler in Goldson but then go out and get a potential future pro bowler to replace him. Sounds good to me.

Last edited by big9erfan on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Just got done watching NFL network talk about the SF draft. Casserly sees FS as our biggest need and suggested moving up to get Vaccaro would be a move we should consider (or maybe one he would consider). They also mentioned Brandon Williams and Montori Hughes as guys to look at with our lower second round or our third round pick.

If we think Vaccaro is significantly better than the other safeties, and I have thought that for some time, I think this is something we could well do. We lose an pro bowler in Goldson but then go out and get a potential future pro bowler to replace. Sounds good to me.

How do the rest of you guys feel about Vaccaro?

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 85 of 101

Jump to: