Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting for the 1st round pick for the 49ers over in the Draft section. It would be great to have your input and votes here.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=514309

Cheers

GFW
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
I also really like DJ Swearinger at the moment. Looks like the perfect fit to our defense

Scouts have said this guy could have an Ed Reed type impact on defenses.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Rumblings - What NFP is hearing from around the NFL.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Draft-Rumblings-What-NFP-is-hearing-from-around-the-NFL-7024.html

Quote:
3. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas, Sr

While Mingo and Ansah are causing some debate in draft rooms, Okafor is causing perhaps more than any other defender. Numerous scouts have told us that when they evaluated him off 2012 game film, they agreed with our assessment that he plays upright too often, lacks good flexibility and struggles to defeat pass blocks to pressure the QB consistently. However, after a great week of practice at the Senior Bowl where he flashed top level athleticism and consistently won in one on one drills he got NFL people excited. We hear that Okafor is now in the middle of the classic debate between those who did not like his play on film and those who feel that he is a gifted talent who can be coached to be the player he flashed the ability to be at the Senior Bowl. Although every scout we spoke to viewed him as a third day prospect based on film evaluation, nearly all of them tell us they believe he will at worst be a 2nd rd pick and could even end up as a late 1st rounder.

I also think Okafor will be selected in the 25-40 range. Not sure what they are seeing, but I liked Okafor when I watched a handful of Texas games. The big knock I saw and didn't like was his play recognition with some of that gimmicky PA/read crap. Overall, he reminds me of a thicker Ahmad Brooks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/related/cfb/131272/justin-hunter

Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter led the FBS in "clutch reception percentage" in 2012, with 76.7%.

Quote:
This means 56 of Hunter's 73 receptions either went for a first down or touchdown. Other draftable receivers on the list include Oklahoma's Kenny Stills (73.5%), Oregon State's Markus Wheaton (71.1%), Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins (70.7%), and Baylor's Terrance Williams (66.0%).

If we can't get Patterson in the 1st, I'd love to make a move up for Hunter in the 2nd. I'd be happy with either of the Vol's.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking perhaps Patterson and Hunter will be the first 2 wideouts off the board in rd 1.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see the Walter Football mock right now?

Has Datone falling to our regular pick in round 2.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
I'm thinking perhaps Patterson and Hunter will be the first 2 wideouts off the board in rd 1.

I think Allen could be picked between them. I'm not too confident in him being the 1st WR taken though, I think Patterson is the first off the board.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I think Allen could be picked between them. I'm not too confident in him being the 1st WR taken though, I think Patterson is the first off the board.

Same here but if Allen is there at our 2nd round pick I don't care what anyone else says about him at that point I'd jump on that.

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Same here but if Allen is there at our 2nd round pick I don't care what anyone else says about him at that point I'd jump on that.

You wouldnt if he was there with our first? I dont see how theres any way he's there at pick 62

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see picks of a S with our first pick by some here but a name I almost never see mentioned is Kenny Vacaro. He's project as a latter part of the first sort of pick so could be there for us. He's a monster hitter and has good cover skills. If we were to let a safety go this year we'd want a guy who was capable of stepping in a playing well right from day 1. He looks like that kind of guy to me. Thoughts on KV?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I see picks of a S with our first pick by some here but a name I almost never see mentioned is Kenny Vacaro. He's project as a latter part of the first sort of pick so could be there for us. He's a monster hitter and has good cover skills. If we were to let a safety go this year we'd want a guy who was capable of stepping in a playing well right from day 1. He looks like that kind of guy to me. Thoughts on KV?

i would love that pick. hes my top safety. but i think he goes in the early 20s and is gone by the time we pick.

new sig... sorry alex
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

i would love that pick. hes my top safety. but i think he goes in the early 20s and is gone by the time we pick.

Yeah, there's hardly any chance he falls to us. He could even go inside the top 20 picks. If I had to guess, I'd say the Rams at #15 or Dallas at #18.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me Vacaro seems like a better fit to replace Whitner than Goldson. What do you guys think? If we're struggling with Goldson's contract and decide we can't afford it maybe we could move up and take him - if he can do the sort of things Goldson can do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
To me Vacaro seems like a better fit to replace Whitner than Goldson. What do you guys think? If we're struggling with Goldson's contract and decide we can't afford it maybe we could move up and take him - if he can do the sort of things Goldson can do.

I love Kenny Vaccaro he was my pick in my mock a coule weeks ago. I thought I was the only one here really high on him. Safeties usually dont go too high which is why I think he'll be there for us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

You wouldnt if he was there with our first? I dont see how theres any way he's there at pick 62

I am just stating a hypothetical situation where he is somehow there at pick 62. Either way he will be a perfect fit but I was responding to a scenario where he slides to our second pick.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 50 of 101

Jump to: