Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8631
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting for the 1st round pick for the 49ers over in the Draft section. It would be great to have your input and votes here.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=514309

Cheers

GFW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3358
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
I also really like DJ Swearinger at the moment. Looks like the perfect fit to our defense


Scouts have said this guy could have an Ed Reed type impact on defenses.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40326
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Rumblings - What NFP is hearing from around the NFL.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Draft-Rumblings-What-NFP-is-hearing-from-around-the-NFL-7024.html

Quote:
3. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas, Sr

While Mingo and Ansah are causing some debate in draft rooms, Okafor is causing perhaps more than any other defender. Numerous scouts have told us that when they evaluated him off 2012 game film, they agreed with our assessment that he plays upright too often, lacks good flexibility and struggles to defeat pass blocks to pressure the QB consistently. However, after a great week of practice at the Senior Bowl where he flashed top level athleticism and consistently won in one on one drills he got NFL people excited. We hear that Okafor is now in the middle of the classic debate between those who did not like his play on film and those who feel that he is a gifted talent who can be coached to be the player he flashed the ability to be at the Senior Bowl. Although every scout we spoke to viewed him as a third day prospect based on film evaluation, nearly all of them tell us they believe he will at worst be a 2nd rd pick and could even end up as a late 1st rounder.


I also think Okafor will be selected in the 25-40 range. Not sure what they are seeing, but I liked Okafor when I watched a handful of Texas games. The big knock I saw and didn't like was his play recognition with some of that gimmicky PA/read crap. Overall, he reminds me of a thicker Ahmad Brooks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/related/cfb/131272/justin-hunter

Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter led the FBS in "clutch reception percentage" in 2012, with 76.7%.

Quote:
This means 56 of Hunter's 73 receptions either went for a first down or touchdown. Other draftable receivers on the list include Oklahoma's Kenny Stills (73.5%), Oregon State's Markus Wheaton (71.1%), Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins (70.7%), and Baylor's Terrance Williams (66.0%).


If we can't get Patterson in the 1st, I'd love to make a move up for Hunter in the 2nd. I'd be happy with either of the Vol's.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 40326
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking perhaps Patterson and Hunter will be the first 2 wideouts off the board in rd 1.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see the Walter Football mock right now?

Has Datone falling to our regular pick in round 2.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
I'm thinking perhaps Patterson and Hunter will be the first 2 wideouts off the board in rd 1.


I think Allen could be picked between them. I'm not too confident in him being the 1st WR taken though, I think Patterson is the first off the board.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
I'm thinking perhaps Patterson and Hunter will be the first 2 wideouts off the board in rd 1.


I think Allen could be picked between them. I'm not too confident in him being the 1st WR taken though, I think Patterson is the first off the board.


Same here but if Allen is there at our 2nd round pick I don't care what anyone else says about him at that point I'd jump on that.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2418
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
I'm thinking perhaps Patterson and Hunter will be the first 2 wideouts off the board in rd 1.


I think Allen could be picked between them. I'm not too confident in him being the 1st WR taken though, I think Patterson is the first off the board.


Same here but if Allen is there at our 2nd round pick I don't care what anyone else says about him at that point I'd jump on that.

You wouldnt if he was there with our first? I dont see how theres any way he's there at pick 62
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14704
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see picks of a S with our first pick by some here but a name I almost never see mentioned is Kenny Vacaro. He's project as a latter part of the first sort of pick so could be there for us. He's a monster hitter and has good cover skills. If we were to let a safety go this year we'd want a guy who was capable of stepping in a playing well right from day 1. He looks like that kind of guy to me. Thoughts on KV?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9641
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I see picks of a S with our first pick by some here but a name I almost never see mentioned is Kenny Vacaro. He's project as a latter part of the first sort of pick so could be there for us. He's a monster hitter and has good cover skills. If we were to let a safety go this year we'd want a guy who was capable of stepping in a playing well right from day 1. He looks like that kind of guy to me. Thoughts on KV?

i would love that pick. hes my top safety. but i think he goes in the early 20s and is gone by the time we pick.
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2120
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
I see picks of a S with our first pick by some here but a name I almost never see mentioned is Kenny Vacaro. He's project as a latter part of the first sort of pick so could be there for us. He's a monster hitter and has good cover skills. If we were to let a safety go this year we'd want a guy who was capable of stepping in a playing well right from day 1. He looks like that kind of guy to me. Thoughts on KV?

i would love that pick. hes my top safety. but i think he goes in the early 20s and is gone by the time we pick.


Yeah, there's hardly any chance he falls to us. He could even go inside the top 20 picks. If I had to guess, I'd say the Rams at #15 or Dallas at #18.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14704
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me Vacaro seems like a better fit to replace Whitner than Goldson. What do you guys think? If we're struggling with Goldson's contract and decide we can't afford it maybe we could move up and take him - if he can do the sort of things Goldson can do.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
48 1/2ers


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 2418
Location: UCI
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
To me Vacaro seems like a better fit to replace Whitner than Goldson. What do you guys think? If we're struggling with Goldson's contract and decide we can't afford it maybe we could move up and take him - if he can do the sort of things Goldson can do.

I love Kenny Vaccaro he was my pick in my mock a coule weeks ago. I thought I was the only one here really high on him. Safeties usually dont go too high which is why I think he'll be there for us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
I'm thinking perhaps Patterson and Hunter will be the first 2 wideouts off the board in rd 1.


I think Allen could be picked between them. I'm not too confident in him being the 1st WR taken though, I think Patterson is the first off the board.


Same here but if Allen is there at our 2nd round pick I don't care what anyone else says about him at that point I'd jump on that.

You wouldnt if he was there with our first? I dont see how theres any way he's there at pick 62


I am just stating a hypothetical situation where he is somehow there at pick 62. Either way he will be a perfect fit but I was responding to a scenario where he slides to our second pick.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 50 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group