Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Just curious ... anyone think Denard Robinson would make a good pick at WR in the 5th or 6th round. Not just super fast, but about as quick in the open field as anyone in college the past couple of years. Sure he's never played the spot, well hardly ever, but seems to me like he's got a ton of upside.

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein was told by an NFL scout that Michigan's Denard Robinson "catches the ball like he's got pieces of bread in his hands and he's trying to smash them together to make a sandwich."
Well, that is not good. Denard is still healing from nerve damage in his elbow, but the Michigan product failed to haul in easy catches on multiple occasions. He is a total project, unless Robinson shows drastic improvement during Combine workouts. We still think his best fit is at running back.

roto
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Just curious ... anyone think Denard Robinson would make a good pick at WR in the 5th or 6th round. Not just super fast, but about as quick in the open field as anyone in college the past couple of years. Sure he's never played the spot, well hardly ever, but seems to me like he's got a ton of upside.

I was wondering about that the other day, as well. He didn't look good at the senior bowl, but he hadn't even recovered all the feeling in his injured arm. It's easy to understand how that would hinder the act of catching. He will assuredly be raw in route-running, but being a former quarterback, maybe that will help him understand the nuances of playing receiver. And his speed and quickness are off the chart. I can't wait for the gauntlet, at the combine. I want to see his hands.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The receiver class is exceptionally deep. So good players are inevitably going to be left out when Mayock only ranks five guys at each position. Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins was the most notable snub and is a legitimate first-round possibility. Tennessee Tech's Da'Rick Rogers oozes talent but has off-field concerns. Justin Hunter (Tennessee), Stedman Bailey (West Virginia), Markus Wheaton (Oregon State), and Robert Woods (USC) also didn't make Mayock's cut. It's worth noting that Mayock said his "jaw dropped" when recently watching Patterson's game tape. Allen is a possession/run-after-catch threat ala Miles Austin. Williams is a vertical flier. Austin is a human joystick in the slot. Patton has generated comparisons to Reggie Wayne.

roto
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

I was wondering about that the other day, as well. He didn't look good at the senior bowl, but he hadn't even recovered all the feeling in his injured arm. It's easy to understand how that would hinder the act of catching. He will assuredly be raw in route-running, but being a former quarterback, maybe that will help him understand the nuances of playing receiver. And his speed and quickness are off the chart. I can't wait for the gauntlet, at the combine. I want to see his hands.

Eh, I'm not big on Robinson. I just don't see a whole lot of potential except as a return man. His best bet is becoming a Josh Cribbs or Devin Hester type player.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you guys looking at for DL?
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Who are you guys looking at for DL?

I like "Da One" Jones from UCLA. Brandon Williams from Miss Southern State. Dream pick would be a trade up to get Richardson or Floyd. Maybe Sylvester Williams from UNC. Maybe William Gholston as a mid round guy we can build up.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so one of my late round sleepers for us is mark harrison.
i didnt realize he was a senior. i remember watching rutgers games coleman was beasting everything, but harrison was pretty good too. and they had a crap qb.

he has good size and body control. he seems to have decent speed. look forward to seeing his combine numbers

new sig... sorry alex
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your guys thoughts on John Jenkins? I just watched the senior bowl again and my reaction to him was Shocked If he's there with our first pick I think we could strike gold!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
What are your guys thoughts on John Jenkins? I just watched the senior bowl again and my reaction to him was Shocked If he's there with our first pick I think we could strike gold!

I worry about his conditioning and his motor and effort, but i don't think anyone will deny his talent. I think it's really going to be up to him. If he wants to be good in the nfl, he will be. but if he's content to take plays off, get paid and not take care of himself, he could be a complete bust. I think it was Walter Football who said when senior bowl week first started off, he was far from impressive, but then it was like he just decided to play and started destroying everyone in his path. I worry about that light switch mentality.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I worry about his conditioning and his motor and effort, but i don't think anyone will deny his talent. I think it's really going to be up to him. If he wants to be good in the nfl, he will be. but if he's content to take plays off, get paid and not take care of himself, he could be a complete bust. I think it was Walter Football who said when senior bowl week first started off, he was far from impressive, but then it was like he just decided to play and started destroying everyone in his path. I worry about that light switch mentality.

Considering we have who I consider one of the best "player coaches" in the league as his positional coach I think he would thrive and potentially become a Vince Wilfork type player.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we are to trade up for anybody I kinda want it to be Cordarelle Patterson now. I think I have found this years draft crush Embarassed

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to see goodwin breaks cjs record!
think jesse williams has a shot at the bench record from what ive heard

new sig... sorry alex

Last edited by 49ers Finest on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:
So if we are to trade up for anybody I kinda want it to be Cordarelle Patterson now. I think I have found this years draft crush Embarassed

Best friends?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:

Best friends?

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

EverythingSF

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also really like DJ Swearinger at the moment. Looks like the perfect fit to our defense

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 49 of 101

Jump to: