Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you guys think are our main priorities in this draft? What's the biggest position of need?

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
So what do you guys think are our main priorities in this draft? What's the biggest position of need?

Depends on what happens with Goldson, RJF, Soap and who we pick up or lose in FA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shoulder injury that will prevent USC QB Matt Barkley from throwing at this week's NFL Combine is a Grade 3 separation.
The separation is in Barkley's throwing arm, so it's understandable that he doesn't want to test it out until it's back in peak condition. A source told PFT that Barkley remains confident he'll display a "bigger and a stronger arm than anyone can imagine" at his late-March Pro Day. If Barkley performs well on March 27, his stock could hit an upswing heading into all-important April.

roto
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network's Mike Mayock told reporters on a conference call Monday that Oregon DE/LB Dion Jordan has "Aldon Smith potential" in the pros.
"He's two years away from being an Aldon Smith-type player," Mayock said of Jordan. "Hed be a situational pass rusher year one." Smith was a situational pass rusher in his first NFL season, as well. An athletic freak at 6-foot-7, 230, Jordan is Mayock's top-rated outside linebacker prospect for the 2013 draft. A full rundown of Mayock's rankings are accessible at the link below.

roto

Citing people familiar with South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore's (knee surgeries) rehab, NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on a Monday conference call that he's heard Lattimore is "way ahead of schedule."
"I think he's gonna go somewhere in the third round," said Mayock. Mayock turned some heads by ranking Lattimore as a top-five running back in this year's class, but it appears he's got solid information on the onetime college star's rehab. It will be interesting to see whether Lattimore performs any drills before the draft. He tore his right ACL, PCL, and LCL on October 27.

roto
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Draft czar Mike Mayock does not see a real difference between picks No. 5 and 25 in terms of projected available talent.
"I don't really see the immediate difference-makers in the top 10," Mayock said. "If you're a playoff team this year, you have to be laughing." Because of the plateau of talent, there's a chance positions that usually are selected later in the first-round, namely guard, could see a push earlier in the draft.

roto

I don't look at the top 10 guys nearly as much as I used to Laughing . But it does kind of seem to me this year that there just aren't that many guys that have "future star" written all over them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Draft czar Mike Mayock does not see a real difference between picks No. 5 and 25 in terms of projected available talent.
"I don't really see the immediate difference-makers in the top 10," Mayock said. "If you're a playoff team this year, you have to be laughing." Because of the plateau of talent, there's a chance positions that usually are selected later in the first-round, namely guard, could see a push earlier in the draft.

roto

I don't look at the top 10 guys nearly as much as I used to Laughing . But it does kind of seem to me this year that there just aren't that many guys that have "future star" written all over them.

There might be maybe five guys who I see as future stars. Most of these guys look like they can be solid starters in the nfl.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Depends on what happens with Goldson, RJF, Soap and who we pick up or lose in FA.

Yeah. It's kind of hard without knowing who we'll resign, or sign.

S - If we let either Goldson or Whitner go S would jump right to the top of the list. Even if we keep both, a S somewhere in the upper half to eventually replace one of them would be good.

DE - I think our exposure at this position is one of the greatest of any position, even more so since I'm assuming RJF will become our NT. Then if you consider Justin's age ... I see this as one of our biggest needs and would take a DE first if there was a guy worthy of that high a pick.

WR - I'm in a small minority here I think, but I think Ginn and Moss are both gone, and have no idea how quickly or how well KDub and Mann will recover from their injuries. I think we would be a much better team if we had a really good number 2 receiver. Would be OK if we took a WR first.

CB - Unlike many here, I am more happy with Goldson and Whitner than with our corners. The single biggest missing ingredient in our defense is a true shutdown corner. I would be happy if we got someone better than all of our corners, every one else moves down one spot on the depth chart, and Brock is let go. Ultimately we could dump Carlos' big salary. Would be OK if we took a CB first.

NT- It's hard to even conceive of us getting rid of both Soap and RJF. On the other hand I would think it likely one will go (Soap). So I could see a NT in the top 3 rounds is likely.

Pass Rusher - Success against the pass is so important these days that I would love another pass rusher. When Aldon got hurt (and Justin) our pass rush was average at best, maybe not even that. And it showed, and I think ultimately cost us the SB. Can't see us taking one first, but maybe somewhere in the first three rounds.

TE - Another question of a re-sign. If Walker is let go I'd put a TE in the top 3. If we re-sign him I guess I'd live with that and maybe think about a TE in a future draft.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take Stedman Bailey, i mean just look at the tape and his #. His hands... best i've seen in a while. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2K1xx6bmQ

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT49ers wrote:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take Stedman Bailey, i mean just look at the tape and his #. His hands... best i've seen in a while. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2K1xx6bmQ

he seems slow to me, but he definitley has hands
where is he looking to be drafted right now? this draft is deep at wide out but not really top heavy. which is good for us. hope we get at least one guy from this draft

new sig... sorry alex
AT49ers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
AT49ers wrote:

where is he looking to be drafted right now? this draft is deep at wide out but not really top heavy. which is good for us. hope we get at least one guy from this draft

2nd to 3rd round in most drafts me thinks

Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
AT49ers wrote:

I think Bailey goes at the bottom of round 2 or the top of round 3. I like his teammate Austin better for us though. These two remind me of Desean Jackson and Lavelle Hawkins from a few years ago. Bailey's better than Hawkins was though.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
AT49ers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
AT49ers wrote:

I think Bailey goes at the bottom of round 2 or the top of round 3. I like his teammate Austin better for us though. These two remind me of Desean Jackson and Lavelle Hawkins from a few years ago. Bailey's better than Hawkins was though.

But the thing with drafting Austin is that we're going to have to spend a 1st on him, something i think the staff will not be willing to do.

Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT49ers wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
AT49ers wrote:

But the thing with drafting Austin is that we're going to have to spend a 1st on him, something i think the staff will not be willing to do.

Ehhhh... We'll see. Just because we used a first on AJ last year doesn't mean we won't do the same thing this year. I mean, if everybody ends up coming back, our #1 need is still probably a good #2 across from Crabtree and a versatile guy like Austin who can also handle return duties and take carries out of the backfield wouldn't be so bad. He's more of a slot guy than a #2, so that still leaves the door open for AJ's development too.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with people have said about how he looks. The stop watch will settle it, but on tape he does not look overly fast. But, man, is it nice to see a guy keep hauling passes with his hands. I've said ever since Kap took over that we should put an emphasis on "hands" when we look at drafting receivers (WR or TE).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious ... anyone think Denard Robinson would make a good pick at WR in the 5th or 6th round. Not just super fast, but about as quick in the open field as anyone in college the past couple of years. Sure he's never played the spot, well hardly ever, but seems to me like he's got a ton of upside.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 48 of 101

Jump to: