Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LANiner


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 554
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
what do you guys think of Sharrif Floyd from Florida?

I don't keep up with college football alot but I am working on a mock based on scouting reports I find online. From what I have seen, I really don't like the DEs towards the end of the first round. I am thinking either we take a guy like Floyd and groom him or take a TE Wink or trade down.

Edit: How do you guys feel about Giovani Bernard with our first? I hate saying this but Gore is hitting 30 next year and he's not getting any younger, not sure if LMJ can handle the load by himself yet and we aren't sure if Hunter will be ready for training camp.


I dont think will be drafting a rb this year to many rb in the team to begin with and ill let you in on a little secret
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baT9XHDnYyo

this draft is loaded with great depth at DE and TE wich i would love for us to draft atleast 2 qualite DE to replace Tukuafu and fight for roster spot

DE-justin smith-rjookie vs jerod eddie
NT- Jeanfrancois- Ian Williams
DE-Raymac-Dobbs-rookie
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LANiner


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 554
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sf49ers main needs

DE,TE,,NCB,S,NT,OT,ILB,OLB,OG
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
what do you guys think of Sharrif Floyd from Florida?

I don't keep up with college football alot but I am working on a mock based on scouting reports I find online. From what I have seen, I really don't like the DEs towards the end of the first round. I am thinking either we take a guy like Floyd and groom him or take a TE Wink or trade down.

Edit: How do you guys feel about Giovani Bernard with our first? I hate saying this but Gore is hitting 30 next year and he's not getting any younger, not sure if LMJ can handle the load by himself yet and we aren't sure if Hunter will be ready for training camp.


I dont think will be drafting a rb this year to many rb in the team to begin with and ill let you in on a little secret
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baT9XHDnYyo

this draft is loaded with great depth at DE and TE wich i would love for us to draft atleast 2 qualite DE to replace Tukuafu and fight for roster spot

DE-justin smith-rjookie vs jerod eddie
NT- Jeanfrancois- Ian Williams
DE-Raymac-Dobbs-rookie


Yeah. I didn't realize how deep the RB pool is.

I think it is safe to say our first pick will be used on a DL but the question is which one because we know Harbaalke loves making a pick in left field.

If we NEED help at DL right now, I wouldn't mind trading up for Sheldon Richardson but at the moment, we really need someone we can bring in to groom and play a few snaps a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UofMfan909


Moderator
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 29132
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 2013, but I would trade a lot to get Clowney on this team in 2014. He is going to be one of the best defensive players in the league. I hope we move out of the first this year and pick up some bad team's first rounder on a whim that it'll be high.. maybe a team who expects improvement - Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville, KC, etc...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
Not 2013, but I would trade a lot to get Clowney on this team in 2014. He is going to be one of the best defensive players in the league. I hope we move out of the first this year and pick up some bad team's first rounder on a whim that it'll be high.. maybe a team who expects improvement - Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville, KC, etc...


I'd love it, but it would take a trade of the RG3 magnitude even if we were able to exchange firsts with a Jax, KC, or Cle. Clowney's been penned in as the number one overall pick for 2014 since basically his senior year of highschool. He's easily the best DE prospect since Peppers, maybe better. Him and Aldon coming off the edges would be damn near unstoppable. Shocked
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UofMfan909


Moderator
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 29132
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
Not 2013, but I would trade a lot to get Clowney on this team in 2014. He is going to be one of the best defensive players in the league. I hope we move out of the first this year and pick up some bad team's first rounder on a whim that it'll be high.. maybe a team who expects improvement - Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville, KC, etc...


I'd love it, but it would take a trade of the RG3 magnitude even if we were able to exchange firsts with a Jax, KC, or Cle. Clowney's been penned in as the number one overall pick for 2014 since basically his senior year of highschool. He's easily the best DE prospect since Peppers, maybe better. Him and Aldon coming off the edges would be damn near unstoppable. Shocked


Yeah, but usually teams sell future picks cheaper if they want to move back up and grab someone they really like. If a team expects themselves to be in the bottom half of the draft next season, they'd probably be willing to part with their pick. Then we can just hope for them to tank beyond belief...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13270
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of his results on the field, but EJ Manuel could be someone Harbaugh could work with, if we can get him in the middle rounds. He wouldn't have to see the field at all, if Tolzien is deemed a good enough back-up. Manuel has the size and athleticism.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
UofMfan909


Moderator
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 29132
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I'm not a big fan of his results on the field, but EJ Manuel could be someone Harbaugh could work with, if we can get him in the middle rounds. He wouldn't have to see the field at all, if Tolzien is deemed a good enough back-up. Manuel has the size and athleticism.


ehh he sucks imo. I wouldn't waste a pick on him. I see where you're coming from, and I like the idea, but not with him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just some news:



Former NFL scout Russ Lande cites a "good source" that tells him Texas A&M junior T Jake Matthews will return for his senior season.
This isn't a major surprise, although many expected the right tackle to enter this draft. Matthews likely wants a full season of tape on the left side, similarly to how the Pouncey brothers treated the NFL Draft and the center position. We will wait on official word after the Aggies' bowl game, however.



Utah junior DE Joe Kruger will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
The stud among the Utes defensive line is Star Lotulelei, but Kruger offers strength on the edge. He could project as an end in a three man front, a position that is usually drafted earlier than expected. He led the team with six sacks in 2012 and has NFL pedigree.



Former NFL Scout Russ Lande chose Notre Dame senior ILB Manti Te'o to the Chiefs as the first pick in his latest Mock Draft.
"No quarterback warrants being the first overall pick and after Jovan Belcher’s suicide the Chiefs have a strong need for another impact linebacker and Te’o can be that player," Lande wrote. ESPN's Mel Kiper is another analyst that has suggested this as a logical option, but we aren't in agreement. The process has just begun, however.



Florida State junior CB Xavier Rhodes will forgo his final season of college football and enter the NFL Draft.
Rhodes is a well built physical corner with the frame to handle press coverage. The junior loves to battle with receivers downfield, sometimes even too much, and projects to a scheme similar to the Seattle Seahawks. If a team believes they can manage his aggressiveness, Rhoades may be a first-round selection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida junior S Matt Elam announced that he will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
Although Elam didn't come up with a big play against Louisville, his presence was felt as usual with hard hits followed up with some trash talk. At times, Elam looks like a very aggressive safety, closing with speed to make plays at the line. The same can be said for his coverage skills, but there are other instances where he looks disinterested. Still, the Gator could be the
first safety off the board in April.



Florida junior DT Sharrif Floyd announced after Wednesday's game that he will forgo his final season of eligibility and declare for April's Draft.
Floyd was the Gators best player int he losing effort, but the interior defensive lineman generated consistent pressure with a strong upper body or quick feet. The junior is built perfectly for the three technique defensive tackle spot, but has film at defensive end from his sophomore year. That exposure will be appreciated by evaluators as it will allow a minimal amount of guess work.

^ Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 10007
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
Florida junior S Matt Elam announced that he will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
Although Elam didn't come up with a big play against Louisville, his presence was felt as usual with hard hits followed up with some trash talk. At times, Elam looks like a very aggressive safety, closing with speed to make plays at the line. The same can be said for his coverage skills, but there are other instances where he looks disinterested. Still, the Gator could be the
first safety off the board in April.



Florida junior DT Sharrif Floyd announced after Wednesday's game that he will forgo his final season of eligibility and declare for April's Draft.
Floyd was the Gators best player int he losing effort, but the interior defensive lineman generated consistent pressure with a strong upper body or quick feet. The junior is built perfectly for the three technique defensive tackle spot, but has film at defensive end from his sophomore year. That exposure will be appreciated by evaluators as it will allow a minimal amount of guess work.

^ Very Happy


Hey - can you just make sure to include links with these, please?
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 27th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 49
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 743
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Florida junior S Matt Elam announced that he will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
Although Elam didn't come up with a big play against Louisville, his presence was felt as usual with hard hits followed up with some trash talk. At times, Elam looks like a very aggressive safety, closing with speed to make plays at the line. The same can be said for his coverage skills, but there are other instances where he looks disinterested. Still, the Gator could be the
first safety off the board in April.



Florida junior DT Sharrif Floyd announced after Wednesday's game that he will forgo his final season of eligibility and declare for April's Draft.
Floyd was the Gators best player int he losing effort, but the interior defensive lineman generated consistent pressure with a strong upper body or quick feet. The junior is built perfectly for the three technique defensive tackle spot, but has film at defensive end from his sophomore year. That exposure will be appreciated by evaluators as it will allow a minimal amount of guess work.

^ Very Happy


Hey - can you just make sure to include links with these, please?


whoops sorry y2.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/22776/gators-s-matt-elam-declares-for-the-nfl-draft

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/22777/florida-dt-floyd-leaving-school-early-for-nfl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
just some news:



Former NFL scout Russ Lande cites a "good source" that tells him Texas A&M junior T Jake Matthews will return for his senior season.
This isn't a major surprise, although many expected the right tackle to enter this draft. Matthews likely wants a full season of tape on the left side, similarly to how the Pouncey brothers treated the NFL Draft and the center position. We will wait on official word after the Aggies' bowl game, however.



Utah junior DE Joe Kruger will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
The stud among the Utes defensive line is Star Lotulelei, but Kruger offers strength on the edge. He could project as an end in a three man front, a position that is usually drafted earlier than expected. He led the team with six sacks in 2012 and has NFL pedigree.



Former NFL Scout Russ Lande chose Notre Dame senior ILB Manti Te'o to the Chiefs as the first pick in his latest Mock Draft.
"No quarterback warrants being the first overall pick and after Jovan Belcher’s suicide the Chiefs have a strong need for another impact linebacker and Te’o can be that player," Lande wrote. ESPN's Mel Kiper is another analyst that has suggested this as a logical option, but we aren't in agreement. The process has just begun, however.



Florida State junior CB Xavier Rhodes will forgo his final season of college football and enter the NFL Draft.
Rhodes is a well built physical corner with the frame to handle press coverage. The junior loves to battle with receivers downfield, sometimes even too much, and projects to a scheme similar to the Seattle Seahawks. If a team believes they can manage his aggressiveness, Rhoades may be a first-round selection.


These all came from rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/NFL-Draft-headlines
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4351
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
Utah junior DE Joe Kruger will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
The stud among the Utes defensive line is Star Lotulelei, but Kruger offers strength on the edge. He could project as an end in a three man front, a position that is usually drafted earlier than expected. He led the team with six sacks in 2012 and has NFL pedigree.


Someone I'm very interested in. I has impressed watching Kruger and think that he could be that replacement end we've been talking about.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y2lamanaki


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 10007
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
Utah junior DE Joe Kruger will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
The stud among the Utes defensive line is Star Lotulelei, but Kruger offers strength on the edge. He could project as an end in a three man front, a position that is usually drafted earlier than expected. He led the team with six sacks in 2012 and has NFL pedigree.


Someone I'm very interested in. I has impressed watching Kruger and think that he could be that replacement end we've been talking about.


My hope is Sheldon Richardson. He'll need to fall a bit (I've seen him from 17-22) to reach us, but I'm driving his bandwagon. We have lots of luck with Missouri boys.
_________________


Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 27th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #26, Ottis Anderson: 49
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 743
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 15 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group