Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: New Orleans Saints (0-1) @ Carolina Panthers (0-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Anyone else thinking that Alexander could be our starting DE across from Johnson next year? He's looked just as good, if not better than Hardy in a lot of instances.
Yeah, he's already getting a ton of snaps.

He definitely could, but I'm liking Hardy's game so far this season. It's hard for me to tell on the TV I'm watching on, but they both look to be pushing the pocket well. Hardy seems to be a more effective pass rusher inside at DT which is great for us when we rotate him inside and bring in Alexander at DE.

Gotta give credit to the coaches for getting that unit to bat so many passes. They might not have sacked Brees much (CJ and Hardy got robbed) but they made him uncomfortable.

Nakamura seems to be helping eliminate the big plays and blown coverages the defense was plagued with. I would assume that lets Godfrey be more aggressive near the line in run support as well.

The defense can take a big step by simply tackling better. Thomas was beastly but they can do better.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I actually like how our safeties have been playing, overall. Nakamura isn't some all-star FS, which I knew coming in. But he seems to be doing his job quite well, which is communicating coverages, preventing big plays, and playing clean up. Godfrey overall has looked solid to me, too. He's flying around quite a bit. I usually see him up around the ball. Time will tell, but Nakamura might have been a very good, underrated signing for us.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Peppers90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
I'll have to see about someplace to watch the game on thursday. Had to drop DirecTV a few months ago, now I'm down to an HD Antenna, so only CBS/NBC/FOX for NFL games.

I went to a nostalgia burger place last friday, they had NFLN on (no game then obviously), I think I might call and see if they'll have it on/what their policy is on guys coming in, ordering a burger, and sitting there for 3 hours Laughing

Not sure about NFLN, but when the game was on ESPN it was also on ABC locally.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam against the Saints was the 2nd player in NFL history with at least 250 passing yds, a 125+ passer rating & at least 70 rushing yds with a TD in a one game
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Cam against the Saints was the 2nd player in NFL history with at least 250 passing yds, a 125+ passer rating & at least 70 rushing yds with a TD in a one game

Curious, who was the first? Steve Young seems like a logical choice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Michael Vick in 2010. Vick was darn near unstoppable that year.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
boondock wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Michael Vick in 2010. Vick was darn near unstoppable that year.

I remember that, it's just hard to fathom him having a QBPR that high.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: