Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My trip to Phoenix
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: My trip to Phoenix Reply with quote

"We all we got, we all we need"
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad and I had a great time, and only one thing could have made the trip better. I cherish the time that I have with my father, but the way we lost left the experience as very bitter-sweet.

We headed down to a bar called Saddle Ranch Chop house around 10:00 am. We tried to connect with HawksBlogger but didn't know what he looked like so left. Then met an old friend for tailgating. This was pretty cool. He had HD rabbit ears from Future shop and was able to get the AM games on his TV without anything but the antenna and power from a generator. We ate and drank for most of the morning and afternoon until warm ups. We headed in and sat around the 35 yard line 15th row for $125 per ticket.

During warm ups, I noticed RW's wife at about the 40 yard line in the stands and just started watching the warm ups at the rail next to her and her mother (Russell's mother and law).

"You guys are related to Russell, right?" His mother and law was very friendly and said, "yeah, well I'm his Mother-In-Law and this is his wife".

I said, "Man, we're sure excited to have Russell as our QB and just feel blessed to have him lead our team in the future".

She said, "Well, we are excited too."

I said, "How is Russell doing?"

She said, "I don't really talk to him all that much about the team because he's got a lot going on, but I know through Ashton that he really really likes Pete Carrol and also the O/C Bev..

"Darrell Bevell", I said.

"Yeah, Darrell Bevell", She replied.

She then asked if I was from Seattle, and I explained that I was born there but moved to Calgary when I was 12.

I asked if they met Russell while he was at NC State and he mentioned that they met in Virgina where he was raised, and that she still lives in Virgina (Richmond).

Ashton Wilson kept looking over at us talking and finally her mom introduced us.

She said, "Hi, I'm Ashton. It's nice to meet you."

Shortly after that I excused myself as I didn't want to come off as some weird fan, but the exchange between everyone was very friendly, casual and they acted as if they were just normal people attending the game. It was pretty cool.

The game was great to watch but I was shocked to see the offense struggle as much as they did. The game looked so fast, and I've been to many games before. Either the Cards D was amazing or the Hawks Oline was dreadful or both. I am surprised Wilson played as well as he did given the real time speed and immediate penetration on most plays. Any time he was given any time of protection, he generally made a good play out of it.

The last 2 minutes were torture, and I was just waiting to erupt. We were about 65 yards away from the end zone for the final drive so it was tough to see every detail, but I really thought we were going to score. When DB dove and initially caught the ball, I thought we had won. Then to see Edwards miss the catch on the replay- it was gut wrenching.

I thought the game came down to three failures on our part:
1) Oline pass pro
2) Play calling
3) Pass rush

It's a game of inches. I still see special things out of this team in weeks, months, and years to come.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up and cool pictures my man. Glad to hear you had a good time despite the loss.

What Wilsons wife as big of a monster as I make her out to be? You should've asked her how she feels about this GIF of her that is ever so popular Laughing

But yea, the Cards defense was playing really fast, up-tempo. That's how Ray Horton likes his defenses so no surprise there, though they seemed to slow down as the game went on. Steve Young said that the scariest time to play a defense is week 1 on the road because they are fresh and hungry.

I'm really hoping we open the offense more week 2.

Was the stadium really nice?
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to rep the Largent jersey.

Some pretty damn good seats you had. Not too bad for the price with the quality seats you had.

IDOG_det

#JDI
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write up, man. It's pretty nice to see a pic of someone who's posting in here since all we generally see are avatars and comments. Wish you could have seen a 'Hawks win, but it seems you had a pretty awesome experience. I would add to your list of reasons we lost the fact the team as a whole was undisciplined and inconsistent. IIRC, we took 13 penalties, some of which were bogus, but the overall point is that a team just can't win with those kinds of mistakes added to our sorry O-line play.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Nice write up, man. It's pretty nice to see a pic of someone who's posting in here since all we generally see are avatars and comments.

Wait.....your avy isn't a picture of you?

That makes one of us. Wink
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Great write up and cool pictures my man. Glad to hear you had a good time despite the loss.

What Wilsons wife as big of a monster as I make her out to be? You should've asked her how she feels about this GIF of her that is ever so popular Laughing

But yea, the Cards defense was playing really fast, up-tempo. That's how Ray Horton likes his defenses so no surprise there, though they seemed to slow down as the game went on. Steve Young said that the scariest time to play a defense is week 1 on the road because they are fresh and hungry.

You mean this one.....

Last edited by TheOsprey on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Wilson's wife was very very petite. She couldn't have been more than 5'6 105 lbs. She seemed very nice, which is more important than some people than strictly appearance.

The stadium was state of the art for sure. There was pristine grass. I saw chunks on the field and I was like WTF? How is there a grass field in a dome? Then I asked a Cardinals fan and they said that they literally roll out the entire field outside the stadium, and let the sun get to it all week.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Then I asked a Cardinals fan and they said that they literally roll out the entire field outside the stadium, and let the sun get to it all week.

Yea, I remember reading about that when the stadium was first built. I'd love to go some year.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pics bro!
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes awesome pics thank you for sharing.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wilson's wife was very very petite. She couldn't have been more than 5'6 105 lbs. She seemed very nice, which is more important than some people than strictly appearance.

Really? She looks kinda buff, in this pic.....

hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me stupid O_I, but is that Wilson's wife in your pic with the Hawks in warm ups? I didn't see anything about them in a pic but kind of looks like her to me. Laughing

Sorry you didn't see a win and hope you get to see a win soon. Good write up because it's worse to see your team lose with that much time and money invested.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs to be said that these pictures Osprey is posting are hilarious Laughing
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like her hdshot. She has a Wilson jersey on Laughing

She's also better looking than I thought.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: