Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Lions (1-0) vs. 49ers (1-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit Lions
37%
 37%  [ 26 ]
San Francisco 49ers
62%
 62%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 70

Author Message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8411
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
Come on you guys you act like there wasn't jawing going on on both sides. You guys have a great young team but there is a ton of animosity between our players and there's no doubting that. Niners aren't a classless organization, but there is a lot of emotion after a game like this.


From what I saw leading up to and following this game, the 9ers are about as classless as any organization in the NFL, all the way up to your owner.
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9035
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
nor*cal09 wrote:
Niners aren't a classless organization.

Harbaugh could very well be my favorite coach in the league.

One of the classier guys in the NFL as well. Certainly makes it clear why you feel your organization is so classy.


Gotta be joking. He gets into arguements all the time with everyone. Throughout most of his professional career. He's straight business but theres a difference between being classy and a guy that gets the job done.

Sean Payton is classy.(Except the whole injury for pay thing.) He's a dude that takes his wins with humilitay and loses with respect/dignity.

Jeff Fischer is classy.

Jim Harbaugh, while I respect him because he's a damn good coach, isn't classy. An thats fine I guess.

Just my thoughts though everyone is aloud to have there own opinions.


Last edited by Jrugges on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9035
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda looks like both teams are taking on the personna of their coaches. Do the 49ers ever stop crying? They fricken' won.

Harbaugh - Tough guy who still whines alot.

Schwartz - Wanna be tough guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35384
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
nor*cal09 wrote:
Niners aren't a classless organization.

Harbaugh could very well be my favorite coach in the league.

One of the classier guys in the NFL as well. Certainly makes it clear why you feel your organization is so classy.


Gotta be joking. He gets into arguements all the time with everyone. Throughout most of his professional career. He's straight business but theres a difference between being classy and a guy that gets the job done.

Sean Payton is classy.(Except the whole injury for pay thing.) He's a dude that takes his wins with humilitay and loses with respect/dignity.

Jeff Fischer is classy.

Jim Harbaugh, while I respect him because he's a damn good coach, isn't classy. An thats fine I guess.

Just my thoughts though everyone is aloud to have there own opinions.

Even 9rs fans know Harbaugh is the most classless coach in the league, I read it in their gameday thread. That is why I hit them there. It was clear sarcasm.

Except the part about liking him as a coach, I do like what he does as a coach. I just wouldn't want to invite him over for dinner.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25782
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
I get the fact we were down men in the secondary. But it's still an excuse. Many of Mayhews "shrew" or crafty moves, as often called, are meant to improve the depth in these situations, right? With that said Florence had a decent game and a nice break-up.

I'd say he was successful then: we almost beat the "best team in the NFL" with our preseason #4 CB and a late offseason pick-up as starters. That's impressive.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19262
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
nor*cal09 wrote:
Niners aren't a classless organization.

Harbaugh could very well be my favorite coach in the league.

One of the classier guys in the NFL as well. Certainly makes it clear why you feel your organization is so classy.


Gotta be joking. He gets into arguements all the time with everyone. Throughout most of his professional career. He's straight business but theres a difference between being classy and a guy that gets the job done.

Sean Payton is classy.(Except the whole injury for pay thing.) He's a dude that takes his wins with humilitay and loses with respect/dignity.

Jeff Fischer is classy.

Jim Harbaugh, while I respect him because he's a damn good coach, isn't classy. An thats fine I guess.

Just my thoughts though everyone is aloud to have there own opinions.

Even 9rs fans know Harbaugh is the most classless coach in the league, I read it in their gameday thread. That is why I hit them there. It was clear sarcasm.

Except the part about liking him as a coach, I do like what he does as a coach. I just wouldn't want to invite him over for dinner.
He rubs everyone the wrong way. He even got into an argument in the Pac-10 with Pete Carroll. The guys is classless, but he knows how to coach.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyguy1609


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 2352
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions CB Drayton Florence suffered a potentially "long-term" hand injury in Sunday's loss.
Florence was signed by the Lions after being waived at final cuts by the Broncos, but it's still a big blow for Detroit's injury-ravaged secondary. There will now be extra pressure on LCB Chris Houston (ankle) and CB Bill Bentley (concussion) to return in Week 3. A 10-year veteran, Florence hasn't missed a game since 2009.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/247793760006729728

it gets from good to better with the secondary
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25689
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-O-line-not-impressed-with-Lions-fr?blockID=774513&feedID=5936


This kind of crap is why I dont think the Niners will make it to the show this year. They have to be one of most immature teams out there when it comes to talking about other teams.

You dont see the likes of NE and NYG going this much jawing after a win.


Personally, I don't care. Those guys can flap their gums all they want. They won the game, touché.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tytalton


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 844
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - Staley's comments are a bit abrasive don't you think? I hope he remembers what the old saying is about payback....lions and 9ers will meet again one day and there will probably be alot more on the line next time. Hope your comments don't come back to bite you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Florence being out for awhile (if true) then I'm going to cry. Even if Houston comes back, Bently is unknown because of his concussion and even if he does come back how well will he do?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25689
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
With Florence being out for awhile (if true) then I'm going to cry. Even if Houston comes back, Bently is unknown because of his concussion and even if he does come back how well will he do?


I hope Granny Clampet can play cornerback.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8331
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
With Florence being out for awhile (if true) then I'm going to cry. Even if Houston comes back, Bently is unknown because of his concussion and even if he does come back how well will he do?


I hope Granny Clampet can play cornerback.


We should get some Granny Clampet for starting CB sigs Laughing
_________________
2014 ADOPT-A-LION: REGGIE BUSH

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Cat


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 2722
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Alphoso Smith available? At this point he might g the best we can do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-O-line-not-impressed-with-Lions-fr?blockID=774513&feedID=5936


This kind of crap is why I dont think the Niners will make it to the show this year. They have to be one of most immature teams out there when it comes to talking about other teams.

You dont see the likes of NE and NYG going this much jawing after a win.


Personally, I don't care. Those guys can flap their gums all they want. They won the game, touché.


Arrogance never prevails. Congrats on barely beat a team with 3/4 secondary and top two backs out.

Coupled with Detroit giving them 7 points

They talk as if they dominated game.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25689
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-O-line-not-impressed-with-Lions-fr?blockID=774513&feedID=5936


This kind of crap is why I dont think the Niners will make it to the show this year. They have to be one of most immature teams out there when it comes to talking about other teams.

You dont see the likes of NE and NYG going this much jawing after a win.


Personally, I don't care. Those guys can flap their gums all they want. They won the game, touché.


Arrogance never prevails. Congrats on barely beat a team with 3/4 secondary and top two backs out.

Coupled with Detroit giving them 7 points

They talk as if they dominated game.


Nope, it doesn't. Some team is going to give them a hard smack which might make them shut up for awhile.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group