Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Lions (1-0) vs. 49ers (1-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit Lions
37%
 37%  [ 26 ]
San Francisco 49ers
62%
 62%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 70

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
the only place I read about the game was the GDT in the GB forum

'Nuff said
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
From all I read about their last game, the refs handed them the game on a platter. If only GB would have got some calls they would have won easily. So given that I am taking the Lions. I do think it will be close. I think if we score 20 we will win.

I don't know. I watched that game and bad calls went around. From what I saw SF handled GB. It looked pretty clear they were the better team and if you weren't told the score you might have thought GB lost by 3 TDs.

Maybe this will help, the only place I read about the game was the GDT in the GB forum. (it was sort of a sarcastic post)

Good because the officials gave GB a TD on a missed call.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
From all I read about their last game, the refs handed them the game on a platter. If only GB would have got some calls they would have won easily. So given that I am taking the Lions. I do think it will be close. I think if we score 20 we will win.

I don't know. I watched that game and bad calls went around. From what I saw SF handled GB. It looked pretty clear they were the better team and if you weren't told the score you might have thought GB lost by 3 TDs.

Maybe this will help, the only place I read about the game was the GDT in the GB forum. (it was sort of a sarcastic post)

Yeah, I saw that. Wich made their GDT even more comical. The 49ers are going to be tough, but I do think our D is better than the Packers. If we can put up similar points as the Pack I think we have a good chance to win.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Yeah, I saw that. Wich made their GDT even more comical. The 49ers are going to be tough, but I do think our D is better than the Packers. If we can put up similar points as the Pack I think we have a good chance to win.

If the Lions were at home they may pull off a victory but I just don't see them winning in San Francisco.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
InfernalPhoenix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After an expected stellar performance by my AAL Kevin Smith, much of the success in week 2 will once again rest in #30's legs. I believe Smith will up to the challenge, scoring a minimum of two more times.

Though, we lose by 10, 27 - 17.

AAL: Kevin Smith
29 carries | 115 yards | 4.0 avg | 1 TD
6 catches | 46 yards | 1 TD
Maverick12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Houston starts off the smack talk by calling Moss "just a possession receiver." I really wish he didn't say this, but no doubt Moss isn't what he used to be.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/10/chris-houston-says-randy-moss-is-a-possession-receiver/
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions D steps up, and we win in a close 17-14 battle with a late Stafford drive for the GW FG.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many four WR sets did you guys use against the Rams? Unlike last year, we went to our dime package using four CBs nearly the entire game against the Packers. Has things changed from last season or basically the same offense with the same sets?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

Watched it. Highly inaccurate. Actually Gb was given pr Td with blatant block in back.

Only team who benefited greatly from refs was GB

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Watched it. Highly inaccurate. Actually Gb was given pr Td with blatant block in back.

Keep reading the thread, this has allready been explained. I guess I am the only one that read the GB GDT.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
38andy38

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Keep reading the thread, this has allready been explained. I guess I am the only one that read the GB GDT.

No Slim you aren't the only one who perused the ironic ranting in the GB GDT. They didn't get ALL the calls as they have for the last few years so the conspiracy against the Pack's predestined SB plans was in. It was entertaining to say the least.
It seems the fans get their attitude from their team though after Jarret Bush's comments Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This probably won't be much of a game. The 49ers will pound the rock and keep Stafford and Megatron on the sidelines. The DLine has to play big in order for us to win. I predict a 24 - 13 49ers win unfortunately with a huge advantage in TOP in favor of San Fran.
38andy38

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

If the Lions were at home they may pull off a victory but I just don't see them winning in San Francisco.

Geez DHLF for a "Diehard fan" you haven't been overly optimistic lately. Between the Bradford love last week (which I understand - Sooner fan and all) and the pessimistic prediction this week I'm wondering if you are getting any joy from watching the Lions this season. I'm sure you'll come back with a realist comment but from where I sit you seem to be down on our team more than in the past.

And yes I thought they played the run extremely well on Sunday, SJax had 1 9 yd run and everything else was 2.5 yds. In the past he has hammered the Lions, hopefully they can do the same to Gore.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Wouldn't it be fitting for us to keep StL close, but soundly beat the 49ers?

I have a feeling we win this. The team rebounds, they take care of the ball, we stop the run and Smith throws two INTs.

One thing that won't happen is Smith throwing two interceptions. Also I don't think you will shut down the running game. I don't think we will run all over you like the we did the Pack, but with Moss and VD on the field, you can't stack the box. How is the pass protection with you guys? If we get to Stafford who is way less mobile then Rodgers, we will have the game easily.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Nathanakin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
Chris Houston starts off the smack talk by calling Moss "just a possession receiver." I really wish he didn't say this, but no doubt Moss isn't what he used to be.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/10/chris-houston-says-randy-moss-is-a-possession-receiver/

If you look at the full quote, you'll see that ProFootballTalk is trying to make controversy. Houston actually complimented Moss saying that you can't let him get deep as a defense.

It just goes to show how much the sports media dislikes the Lions (and other teams not from New York).

Quote:

Q: Randy Moss, at this stage of his career, what is he?

Houston: "He's a smart receiver. Possession guy. He can still take the top off the end, but most defenses are going to play him to where, don't let him beat you deep, let him catch a little curl. He didn't make his name Moss by catching curls. He made his name by going up and getting the ball. If you don't let him do that, keep it conservative, then that's how teams are going to play him. That's how Green Bay played him a lot, too."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/09/detroit_lions_cb_chris_houston_2.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: