Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ty Warren likely out for the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
Can't forget Calvin Lowry!
Or Sam Brandon, awful.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos are looking for DL help so they worked out 3 free agent DTs on wednesday -- Brian Price, Terrell McClain and Daniel Muir.

Price and McClain look like they have football talent but they have questions in other areas. I don't know much about Muir.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
The Broncos are looking for DL help so they worked out 3 free agent DTs on wednesday -- Brian Price, Terrell McClain and Daniel Muir.

Price and McClain look like they have football talent but they have questions in other areas. I don't know much about Muir.

Not Muir, he wasn't good as a Colt.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:

With Brian Price, the talent is there. The guys had a hard life, and is rough around the edges because of it. I'm not sure he is a great fit in this particular locker room, but I admit I route for the guy. Coming out I remember loving his ability to get upfield and after the QB.

Terrell McClain started some games last year, but then again, the Panthers had the worst run D in the league, so what are we really getting. Maybe he can play a situational role?

By the looks of it Muir started some games for the Colts in 09 and 10. From a statistical standpoint 09 wasnt a bad year as he racked up 52 tackles. All I can do is regurgitate stats that I've looked up, don't know much about the type of player he is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more worried for what this says about other guys. I loved Price at UCLA, but he has an injury background. How much can you really rely on a guy that you bring in at this point of the season?

MUFC OK
Donut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LW33 wrote:
Can we make a trade for a DT? When is the deadline. With the performance the other night, this would not surprise me as we might be closer to truly contending that I originally thought. Might be worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Doubt you'd get a guy worth the actual high pick. Might be worth waiting for PUP guys and just sign guys until then and have constant workouts.
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
LW33 wrote:
Can we make a trade for a DT? When is the deadline. With the performance the other night, this would not surprise me as we might be closer to truly contending that I originally thought. Might be worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Doubt you'd get a guy worth the actual high pick. Might be worth waiting for PUP guys and just sign guys until then and have constant workouts.
If Price was still worth signing he would be snatched up right now. I would rather let them rotate Siliga in for 5-10 plays a game and let him get some experience.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Donut wrote:
LW33 wrote:

If Price was still worth signing he would be snatched up right now. I would rather let them rotate Siliga in for 5-10 plays a game and let him get some experience.

Agreed. Siliga is still developing and a little playing time cant hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Donut wrote:
LW33 wrote:

Never said anything about Price? Just saying making a trade would probably cost more than the player is worth. But if Warren is going on IR and an open spot having a bunch of workouts and possibly finding a DT and that you'll probably find a better player getting released mid yr when PUP guys are being added to roster and others being released.
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Donut wrote:
LW33 wrote:

Never said anything about Price? Just saying making a trade would probably cost more than the player is worth. But if Warren is going on IR and an open spot having a bunch of workouts and possibly finding a DT and that you'll probably find a better player getting released mid yr when PUP guys are being added to roster and others being released.
Yea I was more agreeing with you and adding my own two cents. Not trying to debate anything just reinforce the idea that no one out there is worth a damn right now.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Donut wrote:
LW33 wrote:

Hopefully we just trade up for that guy in your sig, Jonny.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Donut wrote:
LW33 wrote:

Star is a nice player, but I think the hype train is a bit much right now. I have seen enough of Star to know that he takes plays off. I was really disappointed in his performance against Utah St. Then again the entire debacle was disappointing.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Donut wrote:
LW33 wrote:

Star is a nice player, but I think the hype train is a bit much right now. I have seen enough of Star to know that he takes plays off. I was really disappointed in his performance against Utah St. Then again the entire debacle was disappointing.

maybe he'll play his way into our draft range then Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: