Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1PM E.T.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
MightyRx wrote:
The Dolphins hung with them until the turnovers did them in.
It was 3-3 @ the 1st half 2 minute warning.

Slow down their running game, prevent the big play and we'll be in it at the end.
If Gabbert just as well as he did vs the Vikings, we have a good chance to pull this one out.


I didn't see the Texans first game(who would want to watch them play the boring dolphins?), but they got a terribly low yards per carry in a home game. They did lose some key o-linemen in the offseason. They could be very 1 dimensional on offense this year.

they also seem weak at stopping the run. If the passing games does well enough like week 1, and MJD can run on them up the gut, the Jags could win this game. Gabbert not turning the ball over will be the biggest key to the game.

The Texans are also getting amazingly overrated nationally. They have 1 10 win season and now they're thought of as an elite team, right up there with Baltimore and NE???


I disagree.

ESPN nor NFL Network don't even notice us even when we do play well.

As for being elite with the Ravens and Patriots, it's not dumb to think that. Before Schaub got hurt last season we were first place in the AFC. If the Texans stay healthy all season, they could be a top team in the AFC.


If Schaub doesn't go down last season, I think the Texans are AFC Champions. Hell, they almost beat Baltimore with a rookie at quarterback.

From top to bottom, that may be the most complete team in football along with San Francisco.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82404
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Houston and San Francisco are 2 teams that can beat you on both sides if they have to
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
MightyRx wrote:
The Dolphins hung with them until the turnovers did them in.
It was 3-3 @ the 1st half 2 minute warning.

Slow down their running game, prevent the big play and we'll be in it at the end.
If Gabbert just as well as he did vs the Vikings, we have a good chance to pull this one out.


I didn't see the Texans first game(who would want to watch them play the boring dolphins?), but they got a terribly low yards per carry in a home game. They did lose some key o-linemen in the offseason. They could be very 1 dimensional on offense this year.

they also seem weak at stopping the run. If the passing games does well enough like week 1, and MJD can run on them up the gut, the Jags could win this game. Gabbert not turning the ball over will be the biggest key to the game.

The Texans are also getting amazingly overrated nationally. They have 1 10 win season and now they're thought of as an elite team, right up there with Baltimore and NE???


I disagree.

ESPN nor NFL Network don't even notice us even when we do play well.

As for being elite with the Ravens and Patriots, it's not dumb to think that. Before Schaub got hurt last season we were first place in the AFC. If the Texans stay healthy all season, they could be a top team in the AFC.


If I'm remembering the John Clayton article right he had them as a top 6 team. And I think a lot of people on ESPN had them going very deep in the playoffs with 1 or 2 guys thinking they'll win it all, in their before the season playoff predictions. They're currently 4th in ESPN's power rankings and were top 5 last week.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29414
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean as far of ESPN/NFL Network talking about them on their broadcasts. Most of the ESPN anaylsts have predicted the Texans to go far in the playoffs true, but as far as the Texans getting national recognition, they don't mention them even when we are good. It's always Jets, Cowboys (when they are bad even), Patriots etc. (teams with histories)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1103
Location: jax
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I mean as far of ESPN/NFL Network talking about them on their broadcasts. Most of the ESPN anaylsts have predicted the Texans to go far in the playoffs true, but as far as the Texans getting national recognition, they don't mention them even when we are good. It's always Jets, Cowboys (when they are bad even), Patriots etc. (teams with histories)
Does Cleveland's history count?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82404
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
I mean as far of ESPN/NFL Network talking about them on their broadcasts. Most of the ESPN anaylsts have predicted the Texans to go far in the playoffs true, but as far as the Texans getting national recognition, they don't mention them even when we are good. It's always Jets, Cowboys (when they are bad even), Patriots etc. (teams with histories)
Does Cleveland's history count?


Recent history is more like it. There are a few teams that were great once that dont get alot of talk: Miami for one
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6626
Location: 904
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans are gonna drop a 40 burger on us if the D defends the pass like they did last week.
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 34769
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cox, D'Anthony, Daryl all looking like no-goes this week.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45179
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Cox, D'Anthony, Daryl all looking like no-goes this week.
Sad

This is not good.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolvesjagsfan10


Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 127
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Cox, D'Anthony, Daryl all looking like no-goes this week.


Didn't Cox have a limited practice today?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4704
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Cox, D'Anthony, Daryl all looking like no-goes this week.


D'Anthony practiced today...
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82404
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Cox, D'Anthony, Daryl all looking like no-goes this week.


O/U 150 and a score for Andre Johnson?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 34769
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Cox, D'Anthony, Daryl all looking like no-goes this week.


O/U 150 and a score for Andre Johnson?


Under.
He is more injury prone than Derek >.>
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyRx


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 470
Location: ...Where my mind is at ease!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Cox, D'Anthony, Daryl all looking like no-goes this week.


O/U 150 and a score for Andre Johnson?

Under.
Owen Daniels on the other hand...
_________________
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Him without sin, cast the 1st stone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabbert's gonna die Sad
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group