Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Bills draft picks of all-time (with a twist)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Greatest Bills draft picks of all-time (with a twist) Reply with quote

Comparing players by overall pick number:

1. DE Bruce Smith (1985) - Definitely a tough choice between Smith and O.J. Simpson here. I would say Simpson, but went with Smith based on the Bills Forum all-time polls.

2. N/A - The Bills have never drafted at #2 overall.

3. DT Marcell Dareus (2011) - Ken Rice is the only other option.

4. WR J.D. Hill (1971) - Definitely not Mike Williams.

5. WR Jerry Butler (1979) - Most people don’t know that the Bills drafted Hall of Famer Carl Eller in the 1964 AFL draft. Unfortunately the Vikings drafted him as well and Eller chose the Vikings. Obviously a good choice by the Bills, but I went with a player who actually played for Buffalo.

6. N/A - The Bills have never drafted at #6 overall.

7. TE Paul Seymour (1973) - The only choice for this pick, but helped The Electric Company block for The Juice.

8. LB Shane Conlan (1987) - Who wouldn’t take Conlan over Whitner?

9. DT Jim Dunaway (1963) - I realize C.J. Spiller was also drafted at #9, but seven good games is not yet good enough to overtake Dunaway. Dunaway was first or second team All-AFL for four straight years and was a big part of Buffalo’s AFL Title runs in 1964 and 1965.

10. CB Stephone Gilmore (2012) - The only choice for this pick.

11. OG Billy Shaw (1961) - Yeah, I’ll take the Hall of Famer over Aaron Maybin or Leodis McKelvin.

12. RB Marshawn Lynch (2007) - Buffalo has drafted five other players with this pick, three of which never even played a down for the Bills.

13. WR Lee Evans (2004) - The only choice for this pick. To be honest while Evans wasn’t an amazing receiver, I think he was better than most Bills fans gave him credit for.

14. QB Jim Kelly (1983) - Easily.

15. N/A - The Bills have never drafted at #15 overall.

16. OG Jim Ritcher (1980) - Probably one of Buffalo’s more underrated players.

17. N/A - The Bills did draft RB Jim Lindsey with this pick in 1966. However, like Eller, Lindsey was also drafted by the Vikings and chose to go to the NFL.

18. CB Mario Clark (1976) - A pretty good cornerback.

19. FB Art Baker (1961) - Not much to pick from here. Baker led the Bills in rushing in 1961 and had a 100-yard kick return in 1962.

20. LT Will Wolford (1986) - Protected Kelly’s blindside for six seasons.

21. CB Nate Clements (2001) - Had a good five years with the Bills. Doubled as a punt returner.

22. SS John Pitts (1967) - Better than J.P. Losman.

23. CB Antoine Winfield (1999) - Great player. The other two choices are Willis McGahee and Antowain Smith.

24. WR Eric Moulds (1996) - Not much competition for this pick. Moulds was a very good player.

25. CB Butch Byrd (1964) - Another easy pick, awesome player.

26. SS Henry Jones (1991) - Greg Bell is the other main option.

27. OG Reggie McKenzie (1972) - Really, really tough choice here for me between McKenzie and LT Stew Barber (1961)

28. C Eric Wood (2009) - Much like Carl Eller, the Bills drafted Hall of Famer Paul Warfield in 1964, but the Browns also drafted him and he chose to go to Cleveland. The other choices were not terribly overwhelming (FB Booker Moore and CB Thomas Smith), so I went with the young center.

29. RB Joe Cribbs (1980) - Tough choice between Cribbs and CB Nate Odomes (1987). I went with the more talented Cribbs.

30. QB Dennis Shaw (1970) - The only choice here.

31. N/A - The Bills have never drafted at #31 overall.

32. NT Fred Smerlas (1979) - Easy choice.

QB - Jim Kelly
QB - Dennis Shaw

RB - Joe Cribbs
RB - Marshawn Lynch
FB/KR - Art Baker

WR - Eric Moulds
WR - Jerry Butler
WR - Lee Evans
WR - J.D. Hill

TE - Paul Seymour

LT - Will Wolford
OG - Billy Shaw
OG - Reggie McKenzie
OG - Jim Ritcher
C - Eric Wood

DE - Bruce Smith
NT - Fred Smerlas
DT - Marcell Dareus
DT - Jim Dunaway

LB - Shane Conlan

CB - Butch Byrd
CB - Antoine Winfield
CB - Mario Clark
CB/PR - Nate Clements
CB - Stephon Gilmore

SS - Henry Jones
SS - John Pitts

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: