Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

if Tyler Eifert is there in the 2nd
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROYtheTOY313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: if Tyler Eifert is there in the 2nd Reply with quote

Stafford loves throwing to his tightend but unfortunately that man is Brandon Pettigrew. I know we need defense but if we had an elite tightend like Eifert he would probably put up gronk numbers in our offense and we would convert a lot more of those 3rd downs that Pettigrew likes to let through his fingers resulting in less snaps our defense has to play. If we focus on defense in free agency I would be all for Eifert. Your thoughts ?
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm going to have to see more of him. He's looked sub-par in the games I've seen him play. I've seen him play three times and against Michigan/Michigan State he wasn't too effective and in the bama game, I wasn't TOO impressed with 6 catches for 61 yards because the QB was getting rid of the ball very quickly, consistently.

I'll have to hold my judgement till work-outs etc, It really tells alot when you can see how fluid these guys are in drills, route running, quickness, strength. It's all pretty important to me to combine all aspects together then make an assumption.
1King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. This draft is going to be very deep at the TE position. Good/great TE options will be had throughout, especially guys who are "just" receiving threats (like Eifert). If Ertz is available, I'd consider him there because he is more complete, but even then, not sure Id take him.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how good a TE projects, if the Lions were to spend a high pick on a TE I'd blow a valve.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Zach Ertz. He's more of a Jimmy Graham type TE. I'd trade both of ours for a couple young guys. Mike Williams from Alabama could be a steal in the later rounds.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you could go by BPA but we have two TE's right now that are serviceable. I don't think I would go with one in the second.

I think we can get a quality TE in the later rounds to replace Heller and develop him to take over for Scheff/Pettigrew later.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could see us drafting a TE. Heller is a FA and I think Pettigrew and Scheffler are up next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at Pettigrew I dont see servicable. I see a guy who drops way too many passes and the times he does catch it you have to hold your breath that he doesn't fumble. He definitely cost us some games this season. The tight end is a vital piece to our offense and im sick of having a mediocre one. I rather have Ertz but I dont see him falling.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eifert, but we'd get him at the latest in round 2. I feel his impact on the team now, and in the future, would be less then a guy like Tavon Austin, Xavier Rhodes, Alex Okafor, Jon Cooper, etc.

If we go TE, I would want Travis Kelce after the 2nd, preferably like the 4th (doubt he lasts that long).

R.I.P. Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I like Eifert, but we'd get him at the latest in round 2. I feel his impact on the team now, and in the future, would be less then a guy like Tavon Austin, Xavier Rhodes, Alex Okafor, Jon Cooper, etc.

If we go TE, I would want Travis Kelce after the 2nd, preferably like the 4th (doubt he lasts that long).

Agreed, I like Kelce as well. Also I like Dion Sims due to his blocking and catching ability and Phil Lutzenkurken.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many guys of similar cailber available throughout, I think. I say no.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROYtheTOY313 wrote:
When I look at Pettigrew I dont see servicable. I see a guy who drops way too many passes and the times he does catch it you have to hold your breath that he doesn't fumble. He definitely cost us some games this season. The tight end is a vital piece to our offense and im sick of having a mediocre one. I rather have Ertz but I dont see him falling.

I think Pettigrew is serviceable and while I agree he drops to many passes that seems to go with the territory. Historically TE's drop more balls than wide receivers.

The Lions simply aren't in a position to draft another high TE with so many areas that need improvement.

I don't think it's fair to suggest Pettigrew cost the Lions games this year as no game hinged on a single play.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
ROYtheTOY313 wrote:

I think Pettigrew is serviceable and while I agree he drops to many passes that seems to go with the territory. Historically TE's drop more balls than wide receivers.

The Lions simply aren't in a position to draft another high TE with so many areas that need improvement.

I don't think it's fair to suggest Pettigrew cost the Lions games this year as no game hinged on a single play.

then again we werent in a position to draft a TE high in 09 and boom pettigrew...

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, I think I could just smack the ish out of some of you.

toughlove@gstyles.net
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Sometimes, I think I could just smack the ish out of some of you.

toughlove@gstyles.net

link asked me to sign in

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: