Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy, all is forgiven! :D (Andy watch thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
The person I'm actually most impressed with on the Coaching staff has been Juan... Not saying much.

Would prefer if he took some more chances, but I can understand his reservation.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
The person I'm actually most impressed with on the Coaching staff has been Juan... Not saying much.

Would prefer if he took some more chances, but I can understand his reservation.

Juan needs to blitz, period.

Opposing quarterbacks are having an easy time dodging our front 4.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

Wide 9 = teh sucks.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Phire wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

Wide 9 = teh sucks.

Nothing to do with wide 9, Juan just need to blitz more. 3 games without sacks? This is bad.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerelite wrote:
It's obvious that there is now a formula to beating the Eagles that involves a combination of expecting the Eagles coaches to be predictable, the offense to turn the ball over, the defense to give up a few big plays in the run & screen game, and blitzing Michael Vick on every single passing down.

You don't really have to beat the Eagles. All you have to do is stick to the script of how to win the game against the Eagles while not turning the ball over yourself. A horrible team could beat the Eagles if they have coaches and players that can replicate exactly what the Steelers, Cardinals, and Vikings (2010) have done defensively. Offensively you run the ball against the Eagles. Call screens against the Eagles. And it seems that if you can make an in game adjustment to what the Eagles are doing with their defense then you can totally destroy them especially if it revolves around attacking the middle of the field..

Powerelite wrote:
I really believe that a certain group of head coaches around the league are playing the percentages with this game plan. They know that if they implement it precisely and don't turn the ball over they will most likely beat the Eagles in a close game. Their own margin of victory is directly tied to how many points they score off of Eagles turnovers or the few big plays they get from a combination of running, screens, and exploiting the predictability of the Eagles defense with an unforeseen adjustment. Offensively teams are doing what the Patriots did against the Eagles last season combined with blitzing Vick on every single passing down. It's genius in a way. You find out how the Eagles are defending a certain group of passing plays in the first half. In the second half you call versions of those passing plays which will expose how the Eagles are defending it. You could also just attack in the first half, but then Juan just may make an adjustment at halftime. So you call a very conservative game against the Eagles with the hope that they give you points by turning the ball over then save your own gameplan tricks for as late as possible, preferably the 2nd half.

I said that after the Steelers game and it's largely true after the Lions game. The Lions beat the Eagles with late 2nd half adjustments. It's being spun as Juan Castillo changing up the coverage "just because." I believe Colt Anderson was on the football field. Something has to change when a guy like that is on the NFL field for anything but special teams. The Eagles simply got out coached again late in the game. Teams strategically hit the nitrous switch late in the game and the Eagles coaches lack the capacity to respond appropriately. The Eagles are really getting outcoached big time.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah having Colt in coverage is one of the silliest things I've seen. Send him on a blitz. I'd rather have Sims back there and I don't think I've heard his name this yr thus far.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: