Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy, all is forgiven! :D (Andy watch thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
Best thread title to opening line transition EVER!

The obvious defense is: who are you going to replace him with? Sometimes, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Bowles could be capable of replacing him, chances are he won't surpass his success but at some point we have to look somewhere else. I think Andy could win the Super Bowl if he could learn from his mistakes and have someone else take responsibilities away from him.

We have seen coaches less capable than Andy win the Lombardi because they didn't have as much responsibility of their team and had other people make up for their shortcomings.

I'd prefer to promote from within. If we got rid of Reid, Morninwheg and Castillo would most likely be gone as well. Hopefully we can keep Mudd and Wash. Make Bowles the HC and let him hire his OC and DC. I really don't see any better options. And our assistant coaches under Andy always seem to have success elsewhere. Yet we keep letting the good ones go.

God no!

We need to get rid of the Reid stench. I also think that should extend to the front office.

I think Bowles would make a fine head coach, I'd be stoked if he got the gig if Andy is done.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
Best thread title to opening line transition EVER!

The obvious defense is: who are you going to replace him with? Sometimes, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Bowles could be capable of replacing him, chances are he won't surpass his success but at some point we have to look somewhere else. I think Andy could win the Super Bowl if he could learn from his mistakes and have someone else take responsibilities away from him.

We have seen coaches less capable than Andy win the Lombardi because they didn't have as much responsibility of their team and had other people make up for their shortcomings.

I'd prefer to promote from within. If we got rid of Reid, Morninwheg and Castillo would most likely be gone as well. Hopefully we can keep Mudd and Wash. Make Bowles the HC and let him hire his OC and DC. I really don't see any better options. And our assistant coaches under Andy always seem to have success elsewhere. Yet we keep letting the good ones go.

God no!

We need to get rid of the Reid stench. I also think that should extend to the front office.

I think Bowles would make a fine head coach, I'd be stoked if he got the gig if Andy is done.

As long as we clean house elsewhere, I'd be satisfied.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Why didn't Vick audible some of those passes into run plays?

And override AR? He'd probably get benched.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
willy_law

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/
Quote:
After watching tape Reid said that lopsided pass-run ratio "wasn't as bad as I thought."

Rolling Eyes

he is literally too stupid to insult

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We need to do a better job, as coaches and players. And I can tell you this much, the guys have been working their tails off."

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
he is literally too stupid to insult

Thank you
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd Bowles would be okay, but I might prefer an Offensive minded guy as HC, DC's are more willing to stay.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually expected someone to defend Andy Reid and saying he is a great coach and whatnot.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol only in eagles nation

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Yo don't follow other teams I suppose.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:

Undefeated baby

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/
Quote:
After watching tape Reid said that lopsided pass-run ratio "wasn't as bad as I thought."

Rolling Eyes

That annoys me for sure. Nevertheless, I'm not going to overreact after a single game like the OP.

Dont' get me wrong though, the play-calling was equally as worrying as Vick's poor effort. I expect more from him, and I know he does too. He's always saying the right things after games, during interviews, etc. but I wonder if all this talk about him having to ease up is affecting his mindset and approach.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:

Undefeated baby

Exactly! Was the game plan or should I say MARTY'S play calling Ideal, NO of course not. In the end it's still a Win. A win that took place on a 91 yd drive led by this horrible QB named Mike Vick. If thats not encouraging what is? Last season it would have been chalked up as just another blown 4th QT lead and choke job in a comeback attempt. Say what you will about Vick's performance but the eagles were not going to run the ball for 91 straight yds and a score in those 5 minutes. Vick had to make plays and he did. If you listen to him after the game as far as confidence and letting the team down this might have been a blessing in disguise! Marty is the OC, Marty is responsible for every play call during that game, not Andy. Yes AR can come over and tell him to run the ball but how often does that happen? The only thing Marty is not responsible for is the 5 TO and 13 GD PENALTIES!!!!!! It's a miracle given those circumstances we won. Until we stop playing like the Raiders of 2000's (leading league in penalties) this team will struggle. I'll gladly suffer through another thread made every week about getting rid of AR if the results in the end is a "W".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid said that Vick looked rusty and this game was about knocking off some of the rust.

Now, that speaks to the level of respect Reid has for the Browns (read, zero), that he treated it like a pre-season game. But Vick did need the reps since he had about 12 in all of pre-season.

I don't like yesterday's game any more than anyone else, but in the end we learned our Defense is tremendous, Shady is still Shady, and we got the W.

If we see another game like this from Vick, or more importantly, another game plan like this against the Ravens, then I would be more concerned.

For now, I'm glad to take the Victory and move on. It is too early for pitchforks and torches boys.

-phire-
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Why didn't Vick audible some of those passes into run plays?

Nick Foles did that routinely during the preseason while Vick has seemingly only done that a few times. It seems as if Vick is more concerned with calling the protection and somehow the DBs always know just when he completes his call because they always slide up to the line of scrimmage just in time to remain unblocked and it's usually when Vick turns his head the opposite way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: