Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy, all is forgiven! :D (Andy watch thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 11880
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
Best thread title to opening line transition EVER!

The obvious defense is: who are you going to replace him with? Sometimes, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.


Bowles could be capable of replacing him, chances are he won't surpass his success but at some point we have to look somewhere else. I think Andy could win the Super Bowl if he could learn from his mistakes and have someone else take responsibilities away from him.

We have seen coaches less capable than Andy win the Lombardi because they didn't have as much responsibility of their team and had other people make up for their shortcomings.


I'd prefer to promote from within. If we got rid of Reid, Morninwheg and Castillo would most likely be gone as well. Hopefully we can keep Mudd and Wash. Make Bowles the HC and let him hire his OC and DC. I really don't see any better options. And our assistant coaches under Andy always seem to have success elsewhere. Yet we keep letting the good ones go.


God no!

We need to get rid of the Reid stench. I also think that should extend to the front office.


I think Bowles would make a fine head coach, I'd be stoked if he got the gig if Andy is done.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 20527
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
Best thread title to opening line transition EVER!

The obvious defense is: who are you going to replace him with? Sometimes, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.


Bowles could be capable of replacing him, chances are he won't surpass his success but at some point we have to look somewhere else. I think Andy could win the Super Bowl if he could learn from his mistakes and have someone else take responsibilities away from him.

We have seen coaches less capable than Andy win the Lombardi because they didn't have as much responsibility of their team and had other people make up for their shortcomings.


I'd prefer to promote from within. If we got rid of Reid, Morninwheg and Castillo would most likely be gone as well. Hopefully we can keep Mudd and Wash. Make Bowles the HC and let him hire his OC and DC. I really don't see any better options. And our assistant coaches under Andy always seem to have success elsewhere. Yet we keep letting the good ones go.


God no!

We need to get rid of the Reid stench. I also think that should extend to the front office.


I think Bowles would make a fine head coach, I'd be stoked if he got the gig if Andy is done.


As long as we clean house elsewhere, I'd be satisfied.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 8373
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Why didn't Vick audible some of those passes into run plays?



And override AR? He'd probably get benched.
_________________


psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
willy_law


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 9270
Location: Villanova University
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/
Quote:
After watching tape Reid said that lopsided pass-run ratio "wasn't as bad as I thought."


Rolling Eyes



he is literally too stupid to insult
_________________


TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LOLKevinKolb


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 9155
Location: YOLO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We need to do a better job, as coaches and players. And I can tell you this much, the guys have been working their tails off."
_________________

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
he is literally too stupid to insult



Thank you
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 33821
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd Bowles would be okay, but I might prefer an Offensive minded guy as HC, DC's are more willing to stay.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7290
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually expected someone to defend Andy Reid and saying he is a great coach and whatnot.
_________________

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48173
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol only in eagles nation
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7290
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Lol only in eagles nation


Yo don't follow other teams I suppose.
_________________

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48173
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Lol only in eagles nation


Yo don't follow other teams I suppose.


Undefeated baby
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BirdsFan06050


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19274
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/
Quote:
After watching tape Reid said that lopsided pass-run ratio "wasn't as bad as I thought."


Rolling Eyes


That annoys me for sure. Nevertheless, I'm not going to overreact after a single game like the OP.

Dont' get me wrong though, the play-calling was equally as worrying as Vick's poor effort. I expect more from him, and I know he does too. He's always saying the right things after games, during interviews, etc. but I wonder if all this talk about him having to ease up is affecting his mindset and approach.
_________________
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22083
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Lol only in eagles nation


Yo don't follow other teams I suppose.


Undefeated baby


Exactly! Was the game plan or should I say MARTY'S play calling Ideal, NO of course not. In the end it's still a Win. A win that took place on a 91 yd drive led by this horrible QB named Mike Vick. If thats not encouraging what is? Last season it would have been chalked up as just another blown 4th QT lead and choke job in a comeback attempt. Say what you will about Vick's performance but the eagles were not going to run the ball for 91 straight yds and a score in those 5 minutes. Vick had to make plays and he did. If you listen to him after the game as far as confidence and letting the team down this might have been a blessing in disguise! Marty is the OC, Marty is responsible for every play call during that game, not Andy. Yes AR can come over and tell him to run the ball but how often does that happen? The only thing Marty is not responsible for is the 5 TO and 13 GD PENALTIES!!!!!! It's a miracle given those circumstances we won. Until we stop playing like the Raiders of 2000's (leading league in penalties) this team will struggle. I'll gladly suffer through another thread made every week about getting rid of AR if the results in the end is a "W".
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hexagrams


Joined: 10 Apr 2009
Posts: 988
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid said that Vick looked rusty and this game was about knocking off some of the rust.

Now, that speaks to the level of respect Reid has for the Browns (read, zero), that he treated it like a pre-season game. But Vick did need the reps since he had about 12 in all of pre-season.

I don't like yesterday's game any more than anyone else, but in the end we learned our Defense is tremendous, Shady is still Shady, and we got the W.

If we see another game like this from Vick, or more importantly, another game plan like this against the Ravens, then I would be more concerned.

For now, I'm glad to take the Victory and move on. It is too early for pitchforks and torches boys.
_________________
Sheldon Brown on his hit on Reggie Bush wrote:
It was like running through a cardboard box. Seriously. Cardboard box.


-phire-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8562
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Why didn't Vick audible some of those passes into run plays?


Nick Foles did that routinely during the preseason while Vick has seemingly only done that a few times. It seems as if Vick is more concerned with calling the protection and somehow the DBs always know just when he completes his call because they always slide up to the line of scrimmage just in time to remain unblocked and it's usually when Vick turns his head the opposite way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group