Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy, all is forgiven! :D (Andy watch thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philyeagles3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
It's a shame to think how good we could be with a change in offensive philosophy. Our D is legit but we're not going to contend with this high risk air raid bs offense. Andy will be gone after this season. I'm curious to see whether or not Foles has the potential to be a starter or whether we'll be looking for a QB in the draft.

<3

Love how we still have the same ol "love thy backup more than the starting QB Eagle fans" 3 preseason games and we already have Meme's created like he's the savior on a 2-1 team. Laughing

Never said Foles was the answer. I'm just saying that Vick isn't and I think it's pretty evident. That fact that we won our first two games despite all the turnovers was nothing short of a miracle. Wasn't that the first time a team had ever won two consecutive games while turning the ball over 4+ times in each?

Sucks to say this, but 2010 was a fluke.

Finally everyone else is realising this!

People didn't know how to defend Vick, now they do. It's on Reid for not adjusting. Instead of trying to beat the blitz with running game, Reid/Marty just ignore potential adjustments and try to do the same. The pass plays can be unstoppable, but Vick needs time. He's short so he can't do all the passes a 6'3+ can do without clear passing lanes. Running game helps all of that. Dree Brews is at his best when they are running effectively. Same story for A LOT of Qbs in the league. Vick can be great, his coaches are killing him.

Vick shouldn't throw more than 30 times a game.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philyeagles3 wrote:

McCoy had 13 carries yesterday, Vick had 37 pass attempts and 4 rushes out of pass calls. Andy said "we thought we could work the ball down field, and thought that our protection would be better."

Another failure for him and Marty.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, there were a number of times where Vick didn't throw.

Whether this was he was waiting for routes to develop or is taking his time to process the information, this is on the coaches and on Vick.

Either run a simple offense or get someone else to play QB.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

McCoy had 13 carries yesterday, Vick had 37 pass attempts and 4 rushes out of pass calls. Andy said "we thought we could work the ball down field, and thought that our protection would be better."

I think the outcome would be much worse if we didn't keep McCoy in to block all game.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

Too light of word to use.

I don't care if they meet the 49'ers, they need to run a balanced offense, doesn't matter if it's Vick or Foles. When I play Madden, I don't use a PA on 3 and 7th, because no bites.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
philyeagles3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

It's just asinine at this point. How could Reid think the pass protection would be better? Based off of what? Browns raged, and Baltimore has zero pass rush and they still got to us a number of times. Two new starters, you would think you would help the whole team by running the ball, controlling the flow, taking pressure off Vick, and letting the O-line establish some continuity.

Our biggest strength is the run, I'm lost with Reid.

I don't understand. They think they (reid/marty) are so much smarter. I'd like to think they know more than Eagles fans, but everyone and their mom can see what they do wrong. It's a broken record at this point. It's never going to go away.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philyeagles3 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

It's just asinine at this point. How could Reid think the pass protection would be better? Based off of what? Browns raged, and Baltimore has zero pass rush and they still got to us a number of times. Two new starters, you would think you would help the whole team by running the ball, controlling the flow, taking pressure off Vick, and letting the O-line establish some continuity.

Our biggest strength is the run, I'm lost with Reid.

I don't understand. They think they (reid/marty) are so much smarter. I'd like to think they know more than Eagles fans, but everyone and their mom can see what they do wrong. It's a broken record at this point. It's never going to go away.

I agree that we still need to run, but Andy's thought process was clearly to keep our RB to help with pass protection, which subsequently meant we couldn't give our RB the ball.

I'm not arguing right or wrong, should of could of, but they DID make an adjustment to help our our two new starters at the line.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
Best thread title to opening line transition EVER!.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bench Vick

Start Foles

Run the living Sh23487T!! out of McCoy and Brown

Have DRC shadow the best WR every game...

Give Brent Celek a concussion test every game lol.

Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Bench Vick

Start Foles

Give Brent Celek a concussion test every game lol

haha
milksteak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Bench Vick

Start Foles

haha

i wish there was a highlight tape of times hes gotten laid out
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milksteak wrote:
Fitz2k2 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Bench Vick

Start Foles

haha

i wish there was a highlight tape of times hes gotten laid out

It would be like ESPN producers meet the producers of Jack ASSS and in some epic sick production..

Celek is the dude playing the dude whos hobby is pissing blood... Kids sick tough.

milehighbird

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not bring Jamaal Jackson back at center to help stabalize the line. He was a good center and had 1 year under mudds scheme. Then like every1 else said run the ball. Reid should know what kind of QB Vick is by now and do more roll outs, quick passes and tell Vick he has 3 seconds to get rid of the ball or throw it away.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milehighbird wrote:
Why not bring Jamaal Jackson back at center to help stabalize the line. He was a good center and had 1 year under mudds scheme. Then like every1 else said run the ball. Reid should know what kind of QB Vick is by now and do more roll outs, quick passes and tell Vick he has 3 seconds to get rid of the ball or throw it away.

JJ doesn't fit the scheme. And I think he's done, doesn't seem like he have the motivation anymore.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
milehighbird wrote:

JJ doesn't fit the scheme. And I think he's done, doesn't seem like he have the motivation anymore.

JJ played like 10 snaps on the OL last year. And it was when Kelce had to slide to G. He didn't sign with anyone and he should sign a 1 dayer to retire as an Eagle. But if he had motivation, And we wanted to run the ball more(Which is a contradiction to AR's exsistance) Then by all means we should get him. He'd for sure be the Mauler on the OL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: