Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State (Senior)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Can't watch the video on my iPad, but every corner gets burnt sometimes. With a quick google search I find 2 clips of Revis being burnt.

You have clips of Revis being burnt in college by guys who will probably never be invited to an NFL training camp? Showing Revis getting burnt by NFL level players isn't amazing considering the level of competition...

You know Josh Harper will never be invited to an NFL training camp despite being a So. who has put up decent #s for a young guy in limited time? Laughing

I had this same argument in 2010 when I posted a video of Amari Spievey getting burnt by a nobody Penn State underclassmen.

PowerElite wrote:
khodder wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Why is Amari Spievey so high? He got toasted for a 79 yard TD against Penn State. He's a 4th round talent at CB and no higher.

Why is Darelle Revis considered one of the best CB's in the NFL, I mean he got burned by Ted Ginn of all people for a deep TD.

You mentioned two pros selected in the 1st round of the NFL draft as a basis for establishing why Amari Spievey was burned by a sophomore that doesn't rank amongst the top 230 WR's in his class. You couldn't have been any less ineffective in your post. Spievey was toasted for a 79 yard TD by an underclassmen that would be fortunate to get an NFL camp invite after he graduates.

Amari Spievey has proven to be incapable of being an NFL cornerback so he was switched to safety. And who knows what happened to that nobody Penn State receiver. See I have a track record of being proven right when I make these observations and statements. Amazing how two different people used Revis as an example. Like I'm talking to a computer program or something...

Amazing observation, do you ever form an opinion by watching more than one play of a player?

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Can't watch the video on my iPad, but every corner gets burnt sometimes. With a quick google search I find 2 clips of Revis being burnt.

You have clips of Revis being burnt in college by guys who will probably never be invited to an NFL training camp? Showing Revis getting burnt by NFL level players isn't amazing considering the level of competition...

You know Josh Harper will never be invited to an NFL training camp despite being a So. who has put up decent #s for a young guy in limited time? Laughing

I had this same argument in 2010 when I posted a video of Amari Spievey getting burnt by a nobody Penn State underclassmen.

PowerElite wrote:
khodder wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Why is Amari Spievey so high? He got toasted for a 79 yard TD against Penn State. He's a 4th round talent at CB and no higher.

Why is Darelle Revis considered one of the best CB's in the NFL, I mean he got burned by Ted Ginn of all people for a deep TD.

You mentioned two pros selected in the 1st round of the NFL draft as a basis for establishing why Amari Spievey was burned by a sophomore that doesn't rank amongst the top 230 WR's in his class. You couldn't have been any less ineffective in your post. Spievey was toasted for a 79 yard TD by an underclassmen that would be fortunate to get an NFL camp invite after he graduates.

Amari Spievey has proven to be incapable of being an NFL cornerback so he was switched to safety. And who knows what happened to that nobody Penn State receiver. See I have a track record of being proven right when I make these observations and statements. Amazing how two different people used Revis as an example. Like I'm talking to a computer program or something...

Amazing observation, do you ever form an opinion by watching more than one play of a player?

To clear up the mystery around the nobody Penn State WR, he's on the Packers' Practice Squad.

baconrad3 wrote:
McFadden reminds me a bit of Sam Shields, but without the elite speed (Sam runs around a 4.3-4.37)....Used to be a WR...very good man corner with excellent ball skills...5'10....

I like him. I hope the Eagles get him or Commings later in the draft...

I used to be really high on Commings but he's really disappointed me this year. Not in coverage so much as in effort and tackling. He has all the tools but the guy plays like he doesn't care. And he gives absolutely no effort to tackle. It's just embarrassing.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a great fit for New Orleans.

Mark my words. The Saints will draft him. Laughing

My NFL Draft Thread
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

To clear up the mystery around the nobody Penn State WR, he's on the Packers' Practice Squad.

Chaz Powell is on the Packer's practice squad as a defensive back after being cut by the Raiders. Laughing
So him and Spievey today aren't playing the positions that they were playing in college when I made the initial critique of them. Spievey quickly failed as an NFL cornerback, as I knew that he would, getting burnt by a guy that didn't even finish his college career at wide receiver.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:

I was critical of Kyle Wilson because of this play made by a TE that never played in an NFL regular season game.
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ut0rjLqHLoA#t=54s

Kyle Wilson hasn't quite panned out yet he was the "next coming" at that point in time...
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

I was critical of Kyle Wilson because of this play made by a TE that never played in an NFL regular season game.
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ut0rjLqHLoA#t=54s

Kyle Wilson hasn't quite panned out yet he was the "next coming" at that point in time...

So what's the criteria here for busting? That TE was a 6th round pick. Casey Heyward was beat for a TD by 4th round pick, Jarius Wright, what does that mean?

I also seem to recall Darrelle Revis getting beat by Mario Urrutia in college, what did that mean?

I'm just curious how this particular analysis works. Seriously, how do you decide between a guy being a bust or a guy being great? I mean there can't be a lot of CBs who have never been beat at the college level.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: