Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State (Senior)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden is looking good tonight against BYU - he has pretty much locked down Cody Hoffman.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
McFadden is looking good tonight against BYU - he has pretty much locked down Cody Hoffman.

Yeah, he's gone up a couple of positive ticks on my stock watch. I'd still like to see BYU test him by sending Hoffman on a go-route. Still waiting...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, if PE says McFadden isn't good, then McFadden isn't good. I mean this is the same guy who totally called Ryan Lindley being a stud....Wait, you mean Lindley actually sucks horribly? Laughing

McFadden is gonna be a good corner. I like him a lot. In a few of my Eagle mocks I have us taking him in the 3rd-4th round. He and Sanders Commings are two of my favorite CB prospects in this draft.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Guys, if PE says McFadden isn't good, then McFadden isn't good. I mean this is the same guy who totally called Ryan Lindley being a stud....Wait, you mean Lindley actually sucks horribly? Laughing

McFadden is gonna be a good corner. I like him a lot. In a few of my Eagle mocks I have us taking him in the 3rd-4th round. He and Sanders Commings are two of my favorite CB prospects in this draft.

I remember him 'correcting' me last draft when I said there were some good depth in the draft corner wise because of guys like Fleming, Heyward and Hosley. Who he didn't think were good either...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Guys, if PE says McFadden isn't good, then McFadden isn't good. I mean this is the same guy who totally called Ryan Lindley being a stud....

I'm so good at what I do that people like you have to fabricate when I am wrong. I valued a "stud" in the 5th round of a mock

PowerElite wrote:

5th round
Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State 6-4 229
Experience in west coast offense
Has the arm to get the ball to the vertical receivers

I get trolled around the internet because I missed on a 5th round pick on April 25th right before the draft? Get a life!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=489383
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

I remember him 'correcting' me last draft when I said there were some good depth in the draft corner wise because of guys like Fleming, Heyward and Hosley. Who he didn't think were good either...

No, you came out of the blue with your post when I was in dialog with another member much like IN THIS VERY THREAD! And it was in a thread during a point in time when Dennard was still considered a 1st round pick. Laughing
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=479655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I can't help that you seemingly what to throw yourself into my conversations.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

No, you came out of the blue with your post when I was in dialog with another member much like IN THIS VERY THREAD! And it was in a thread during a point in time when Dennard was still considered a 1st round pick. Laughing
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=479655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Well, you did call it a weak CB class and there are currently...what...7 rookie corners from that class starting?

Off the top of my head:
1. Claiborne
2. Gilmore
3. Jenkins
4. Heyward
5. Trumaine Johnson
6. Josh Robinson
7. Alfonzo Dennard

There might be more. I know Dwight Bentley has started games as have Ron Brooks, Jamell Fleming and Jayron Hosley.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Well, you did call it a weak CB class and there are currently...what...7 rookie corners from that class starting?

Off the top of my head:
1. Claiborne
2. Gilmore
3. Jenkins
4. Heyward
5. Trumaine Johnson
6. Josh Robinson
7. Alfonzo Dennard

There might be more. I know Dwight Bentley has started games as have Ron Brooks, Jamell Fleming and Jayron Hosley.

Macho Harris started many games for the Eagles as a rookie, what is he doing today? Don't water down this thread with your participation just to give me the ol "they are starting" rather than addressing how they are performing. You're good for watering down threads that I post in.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Off the top of my head:
1. Claiborne
2. Gilmore
3. Jenkins
4. Heyward
5. Trumaine Johnson
6. Josh Robinson
7. Alfonzo Dennard

Macho Harris started many games for the Eagles as a rookie, what is he doing today? Don't water down this thread with your participation just to give me the ol "they are starting" rather than addressing how they are performing. You're good for watering down threads that I post in.

He is sharing his opinion. I don't see why there should be any problem with that.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, my faulty for getting this thread off track. Regarding McFadden, he looked good today. Physical and kept tight coverage. Need to see more of him though...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Off the top of my head:
1. Claiborne
2. Gilmore
3. Jenkins
4. Heyward
5. Trumaine Johnson
6. Josh Robinson
7. Alfonzo Dennard

He is sharing his opinion.

On or off topic of this thread?
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Off the top of my head:
1. Claiborne
2. Gilmore
3. Jenkins
4. Heyward
5. Trumaine Johnson
6. Josh Robinson
7. Alfonzo Dennard

Feel free to ask around, I'll tell you this much, Rams fans see both our CBs(Tru and Jenks) as long term answers. Viking fans have had complimentary things to say about Robinson. Heyward is playing at a very good level as a rookie. You'll have to ask other fans about the other 3.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
fly eagles fly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

You told the guy above this post to get a life yet you have the time to find each individual post that people reference in this situation...
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McFadden reminds me a bit of Sam Shields, but without the elite speed (Sam runs around a 4.3-4.37)....Used to be a WR...very good man corner with excellent ball skills...5'10....

I like him. I hope the Eagles get him or Commings later in the draft...

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
McFadden reminds me a bit of Sam Shields, but without the elite speed (Sam runs around a 4.3-4.37)....Used to be a WR...very good man corner with excellent ball skills...5'10....

I like him. I hope the Eagles get him or Commings later in the draft...

I think McFadden could move up draft boards a bit because I think teams will like his man coverage skills, like you said. Depending on what the top junior cornerbacks do, McFadden could even move up into the second round IMO. I get the feeling that even if he doesn't have an overly impressive 40 yard dash time compared to some of the other prospects, he will perform well in the short area quickness drills.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: