Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

March to 12,000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
kenney wrote:
I have been skeptical of Andre's HOF viability given his terrible career TD numbers and the fact that voters have a back-log of deserving WRs to consider, but this season gave me renewed confidence that AJ will eventually find his way to Canton, particularly if he's got 3 or 4 good years left in him.

It's pretty incredible to think that this team might have three Hall of Famers on it - Watt, Brown, and Johnson. I hope we can get them all a ring or five.

I'd say Foster has an outside shot, if he can bounce back from this year.

Bounce back? He has over 1300 yards already and is siting at 4.0 YPC
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after this weeks disaster, Andre will have something to play for next week.

He is sitting at 1457 yards which means he is just 43 yards away from his 3rd 1500 season which will be tied for 2nd all time

he also went over 100 catches for the 4th time, one of like 5 guys to ever do that
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
kenney wrote:
I have been skeptical of Andre's HOF viability given his terrible career TD numbers and the fact that voters have a back-log of deserving WRs to consider, but this season gave me renewed confidence that AJ will eventually find his way to Canton, particularly if he's got 3 or 4 good years left in him.

It's pretty incredible to think that this team might have three Hall of Famers on it - Watt, Brown, and Johnson. I hope we can get them all a ring or five.

He only has 1,300 yards because he's gotten more carries than any back in the NFL this year. 4.0 YPC is below average, and he's been in the 3's most of the year and will be after this game, as well. It's concerning to me that he has easily the highest workload in the game (which will climb even higher if we make a deep playoff run), a career 4.6-4.7 YPC RB has dropped to 3.9-4.0, and that his receiving yards per catch is half of what it usually is.

Sig by matthouston91
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
kenney wrote:

He only has 1,300 yards because he's gotten more carries than any back in the NFL this year. 4.0 YPC is below average, and he's been in the 3's most of the year and will be after this game, as well. It's concerning to me that he has easily the highest workload in the game (which will climb even higher if we make a deep playoff run), a career 4.6-4.7 YPC RB has dropped to 3.9-4.0, and that his receiving yards per catch is half of what it usually is.

I mean have you seen how we used him? First off we gave him way to many carries early in the season and his legs are tired. Who would have thunk? Also when we were giving him carries they were in blowouts where Kubes would go ultra conservative and have him run into the pile for 2 yard gains which would 1) bring his avg down and 2) give him more carries which were pointless.

He is still an elite backa nd I would take him over anyone not named AP but I hope Kubiak will learn to use him better next year. Because it is his fault his avg is down and his fault that he is tired.

I really just want Dennison gone. I want a guy like Kyle Shannahan. Young and knows how to call games in this league. Also an athletic QB like RGIII would be nice too.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
kenney wrote:

I mean have you seen how we used him? First off we gave him way to many carries early in the season and his legs are tired. Who would have thunk? Also when we were giving him carries they were in blowouts where Kubes would go ultra conservative and have him run into the pile for 2 yard gains which would 1) bring his avg down and 2) give him more carries which were pointless.

He is still an elite backa nd I would take him over anyone not named AP but I hope Kubiak will learn to use him better next year. Because it is his fault his avg is down and his fault that he is tired.

I really just want Dennison gone. I want a guy like Kyle Shannahan. Young and knows how to call games in this league. Also an athletic QB like RGIII would be nice too.

You can say that if you want, but the fact is he's had a down year and is overused, which means that next year has great potential to be a down year as well. I never absolved Kubiak from blame, I'm merely pointing out that Foster is not a HOF-type RB this year.

Sig by matthouston91
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
kenney wrote:

You can say that if you want, but the fact is he's had a down year and is overused, which means that next year has great potential to be a down year as well. I never absolved Kubiak from blame, I'm merely pointing out that Foster is not a HOF-type RB this year.

Foster is leading the NFL in Rushing TDs and total TDs, if that's a down year then Foster has set the bar so high that he must be a future hall of famer
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
kenney wrote:

Foster is leading the NFL in Rushing TDs and total TDs, if that's a down year then Foster has set the bar so high that he must be a future hall of famer

He's leading the league in rushing TD's because he gets almost every carry for a very good offense that calls plays very conservatively in the red zone. That's a very superficial statistic, and not very indicative of quality of play. James Jones is leading the league in receiving TD's, should we include him in even the top 50 receivers in the game?

Sig by matthouston91
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
kenney wrote:

He's leading the league in rushing TD's because he gets almost every carry for a very good offense that calls plays very conservatively in the red zone. That's a very superficial statistic, and not very indicative of quality of play. James Jones is leading the league in receiving TD's, should we include him in even the top 50 receivers in the game?

Jones isnt top 5 in yards or catches
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Johnson's Final stats for 2012

112 catches 1,598 yards

very nice season
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

112 catches 1,598 yards

very nice season

Plus he'll get the chance to accumulate significant stats in the post-season for the first time (catching passes from TJ Yates with a team that fell part at the end of last season doesn't count, in my mind).

Sig by matthouston91
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

112 catches 1,598 yards

very nice season

Plus he'll get the chance to accumulate significant stats in the post-season for the first time (catching passes from TJ Yates with a team that fell part at the end of last season doesn't count, in my mind).

lol ya he only had 13 catches 201 yards in the post season with TJ Yates
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

112 catches 1,598 yards

very nice season

lol ya he only had 13 catches 201 yards in the post season with TJ Yates

By significant, I meant in significant games. No one remembers the wild card rounds. When his HOF candidacy is brought up, stats in the AFC chamionship and the Super Bowl will matter far more than a wild card game against the Bengals.

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: