Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roster Addition Predictions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Roster Addition Predictions Reply with quote

Bored and want to talk some Jet football/how this team can improve. A lot of us have mentioned Jason Smith as a possibility in the past, only to see it come true on Monday. With that being said, lets try and put the the final pieces together as the final roster cut-down deadline approaches.

Prediction
Knowshon Moreno will be a Jet.
In the least biased way possible, I think Shon will find his way to the Jets roster (I say biased because I watched the kid when I was in high school and used to play basketball with him at the Y). The kid is from Jersey, he was a former 1st round pick whose fallen of favor with his current team, and has an injury history. I can easily see him in green and white if he became available, and I think he could be the starter by mid-season. Nothing against Shonn, but Knowshon is the more talented player if he regains pre-injury form, and he can do more things in the passing game.

Why Knowshon? Just look at this list of guys the Jets have added via trade or free agency over the years that are currently on our roster:

Calvin Pace - 2003 18th overall pick (free agency)
Antonio Cromartie - 2006 19th overall pick (trade)
Santonio Holmes - 2006 25th overall pick (trade)
LaRon Landry - 2007 6th overall pick (free agency)
Aaron Maybin - 2009 11th overall pick (free agency)
Jason Smith - 2009 2nd overall pick (trade)
Tim Tebow - 2010 25th overall pick (trade)

as for guys no longer with us...
Braylon Edwards, Damien Woody, Alan Faneca, Thomas Jones, LaDanian Tomlinson, Litto Sheppard, Trevor Pryce, Plaxico Burress, Ahmad Carroll. The list goes on.

By no means is this a full-proof system, but it's an obvious trend. These players were drafted in the first round for a reason, and I like Tannenbaum's philosophy of bringing them in and seeing how the organization help that player reach their full potential.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is as soft as pudding.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then we carry 4 RBs heading into the season?

Greene
Powell
Mcknight (lock, kick returner)
Moreno?

Ganaway will be a PS player for sure.

I'm okay with Moreno, I'm just not sure how the roster would work out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres not a chance we bring in Moreno. The guy has purely underperformed and at best wouldnt make an impact for our team. The guy is fragile and identical to Mcknight in the way he runs. Why would you trade for a guy similar to what you already have in Mcknight, with the downsides of being injury prone as well as not being able to provide what Mcknight does on Kick returns.

Everyone just needs to relax. I dont think we make any more moves at all unless its picking up free agents. Moreno surely wont be cut but he will cost us. I think this teams fine. Just need to give them some time. Powell, Mcknight, and Greene have been decent. Once 3/4 games go by in the regular season, thats when you will see a move for a weakness on our team. Id like to finally go into a draft next year with all our picks. It would give us more wiggle room to trade and go after guys we really like.

I
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it is impossible. Tanny loves going after troubled players or former 1st round picks who are young and struggling. Not to long ago, Tanny said its going to be like a mini draft on labor day weekend. So I really don't know what to expect as far as moves. I wouldn't be shocked if Moreno is on the list. But since Moreno is not getting a lot of carries, and is not doing so well, he might get cut. So we wouldn't have to trade for him if thats the case.

The only running backs that I can see being traded are Moreno, Wells, MJD, or Ben Tate. The reason I say Beanie Wells is because Ryan Williams is now back, and looks good. Powell looked great during preseason, and I know the Cards want him on the field. They also have Stephens -Howling who is their speed and return man. Ben Tate averaged 5.4 yards a carry last year while Foster was hurt, and almost had 1,000 as a backup.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I wouldn't say it is impossible. Tanny loves going after troubled players or former 1st round picks who are young and struggling. Not to long ago, Tanny said its going to be like a mini draft on labor day weekend. So I really don't know what to expect as far as moves. I wouldn't be shocked if Moreno is on the list. But since Moreno is not getting a lot of carries, and is not doing so well, he might get cut. So we wouldn't have to trade for him if thats the case.

The only running backs that I can see being traded are Moreno, Wells, MJD, or Ben Tate. The reason I say Beanie Wells is because Ryan Williams is now back, and looks good. Powell looked great during preseason, and I know the Cards want him on the field. They also have Stephens -Howling who is their speed and return man. Ben Tate averaged 5.4 yards a carry last year while Foster was hurt, and almost had 1,000 as a backup.

MJD absolutely not happening

Moreno i just dont see the need for another injury prone underperforming first rounder.

Tate i would honestly think about giving up a good pick for. The guy is only 24, hes played behind arguably one of the best backs in the league so far. This guy has tremendous upside but we would have to give up a 2 for him, i can just see it.

Beanie, i think Az likes him and wont be interested at this point but hey there another team thats a disaster right now so maybe they will move on to rebuilding stages.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Knowshon was something special in Highschool. I think he has the 2nd most rushings yards in NJ highschool history. He was a top recruit that could of gone anywhere at the time he was recruited by Georgia. However, with that said he is not for the Jets. I just do not seem him making an impact.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: