Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Washington Redskins @ St Louis Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5484
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Shanny's fine.

People really think Banks still deserves to be on this team?

Morgan needs to sit after thi sgame.

Am I the only one who thinks our Defense is no where near as good as people lead them to believe? They've allowed over 30 I think 6 out of the last 7 games they've played. If your team puts up over 28, you should be able to win the game.


We have Cedric Griffin, Madeui Williams and Deangelo Hall all in the same secondary, how could people not think that was going to be a problem?
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6751
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Shanny's fine.

People really think Banks still deserves to be on this team?

Morgan needs to sit after thi sgame.

Am I the only one who thinks our Defense is no where near as good as people lead them to believe? They've allowed over 30 I think 6 out of the last 7 games they've played. If your team puts up over 28, you should be able to win the game.


We have Cedric Griffin, Madeui Williams and Deangelo Hall all in the same secondary, how could people not think that was going to be a problem?


Because they're fine. The issue is we shut down the much better offense of the Saints last week with man to man coverage last week. What do we do now? We run soft zones and let Danny and Sam beat us all day. We should have been right up on them, forced Sam to hold the ball an extra second and hope Bowen or Ryan could get to them.

That's on the coaching, not the secondary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46027
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Not really because I believed it would happen. And we were on our way in the first half to making that happen, then we lost two key defensive starters and had major mental mistakes the rest of the way.

I don't see why its a problem for redskins fans in our forum to predict we could win a game by a few tds. Seems perfectly kosher to me... Very Happy Wink


You said you didn't watch the game, right? Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'd withhold judgement until you do. As I said before, the 21-6 score wasn't indicative of the actual play on the field.
that may be true, but it was the score at one point.



Yes, it was the score but it's kind of relevant when you're painting the picture that the Skins were on their way to an easy win then started making mistakes and blew it when that wasn't at all the case.

The game continued down the same path that it started on, the difference was that the scoreboard started to reflect that in the 2nd half. It wasn't like the Redskins or Rams flipped some switch. I really wish I could explain it the way I see it in my head but I can't accurately. All I can say is that you have to watch the game because even when the Redskins were up 21-6, they weren't dominating the game. The Rams looked to be every bit as good as they did.

And I think if you asked an unbiased observer, they'd say the same.

Anyways, I've bothered you guys enough after a tough loss. I do apologize if it seemed that I was gloating or something. Not my intention. Good luck with the rest of your season and enjoy RGIII, he's going to be a stud. I said back before and right after the draft that I thought he'd end up better than Luck and I stand by that. Kid has moxy and all the athleticism. My only recommendation to Shanny and co. is ease up on the QB keepers, you guys were getting him battered like Tebow today. I want him to stay healthy and succeed.

Have a good evening, guys.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6751
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Not really because I believed it would happen. And we were on our way in the first half to making that happen, then we lost two key defensive starters and had major mental mistakes the rest of the way.

I don't see why its a problem for redskins fans in our forum to predict we could win a game by a few tds. Seems perfectly kosher to me... Very Happy Wink


You said you didn't watch the game, right? Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'd withhold judgement until you do. As I said before, the 21-6 score wasn't indicative of the actual play on the field.
that may be true, but it was the score at one point.


Yes, it was the score but it's kind of relevant when you're painting the picture that the Skins were on their way to an easy win then started making mistakes and blew it when that wasn't at all the case.

The game continued down the same path that it started on, the difference was that the scoreboard started to reflect that in the 2nd half. It wasn't like the Redskins or Rams flipped some switch. I really wish I could explain it the way I see it in my head but I can't accurately. All I can say is that you have to watch the game because even when the Redskins were up 21-6, they weren't dominating the game. The Rams looked to be every bit as good as they did.

And I think if you asked an unbiased observer, they'd say the same.


I honestly believe it was a good offense vs. a good defense and than a bad defense vs. an average Offense.

I mean no offense, but literally everyone in the stadium and watching at home knew that (during the first half) the ball was basically always going to Amendola. Has never adjusted and, for some reason, decided what worked last week against a superior offensive cast was no longer gonna work on your team.

We were never dominating, but I put more blame on the defense than I do give your O credit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5484
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Shanny's fine.

People really think Banks still deserves to be on this team?

Morgan needs to sit after thi sgame.

Am I the only one who thinks our Defense is no where near as good as people lead them to believe? They've allowed over 30 I think 6 out of the last 7 games they've played. If your team puts up over 28, you should be able to win the game.


We have Cedric Griffin, Madeui Williams and Deangelo Hall all in the same secondary, how could people not think that was going to be a problem?


Because they're fine. The issue is we shut down the much better offense of the Saints last week with man to man coverage last week. What do we do now? We run soft zones and let Danny and Sam beat us all day. We should have been right up on them, forced Sam to hold the ball an extra second and hope Bowen or Ryan could get to them.

That's on the coaching, not the secondary.


I disagree. Cedric Griffin has to be the worst starting DB in the entire league. Knee injuries have destroyed whatever speed and cutting ability he ever had, he cannot play anymore. Putting Richard Crawford out there can't be worse, not possible.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6751
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Shanny's fine.

People really think Banks still deserves to be on this team?

Morgan needs to sit after thi sgame.

Am I the only one who thinks our Defense is no where near as good as people lead them to believe? They've allowed over 30 I think 6 out of the last 7 games they've played. If your team puts up over 28, you should be able to win the game.


We have Cedric Griffin, Madeui Williams and Deangelo Hall all in the same secondary, how could people not think that was going to be a problem?


Because they're fine. The issue is we shut down the much better offense of the Saints last week with man to man coverage last week. What do we do now? We run soft zones and let Danny and Sam beat us all day. We should have been right up on them, forced Sam to hold the ball an extra second and hope Bowen or Ryan could get to them.

That's on the coaching, not the secondary.


I disagree. Cedric Griffin has to be the worst starting DB in the entire league. Knee injuries have destroyed whatever speed and cutting ability he ever had, he cannot play anymore. Putting Richard Crawford out there can't be worse, not possible.


Based on what? Him getting juked by Amendola? Our fastest and most agile DB got juked by him (Hall).

Griffin hasn't been an amazing DB, but he's not the most terrible player people are making him out to be. However he should never be on people that just dominate him athletically. That's like putting Doughty on Andre Johnson all over again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62763
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Shanny's fine.

People really think Banks still deserves to be on this team?

Morgan needs to sit after thi sgame.

Am I the only one who thinks our Defense is no where near as good as people lead them to believe? They've allowed over 30 I think 6 out of the last 7 games they've played. If your team puts up over 28, you should be able to win the game.


We have Cedric Griffin, Madeui Williams and Deangelo Hall all in the same secondary, how could people not think that was going to be a problem?


Because they're fine. The issue is we shut down the much better offense of the Saints last week with man to man coverage last week. What do we do now? We run soft zones and let Danny and Sam beat us all day. We should have been right up on them, forced Sam to hold the ball an extra second and hope Bowen or Ryan could get to them.

That's on the coaching, not the secondary.
the saints also dropped a lot of balls and they beat our dbs 1 on 1 but then fumbled. Cedric Griffin was beaten a lot vs the saints also, they just fumbled a td away. Madieu Williams was beaten easily or a td.

Our secondary is not that good and if Wilson is out or any mount of time we are in really big trouble.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 7. Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5484
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Shanny's fine.

People really think Banks still deserves to be on this team?

Morgan needs to sit after thi sgame.

Am I the only one who thinks our Defense is no where near as good as people lead them to believe? They've allowed over 30 I think 6 out of the last 7 games they've played. If your team puts up over 28, you should be able to win the game.


We have Cedric Griffin, Madeui Williams and Deangelo Hall all in the same secondary, how could people not think that was going to be a problem?


Because they're fine. The issue is we shut down the much better offense of the Saints last week with man to man coverage last week. What do we do now? We run soft zones and let Danny and Sam beat us all day. We should have been right up on them, forced Sam to hold the ball an extra second and hope Bowen or Ryan could get to them.

That's on the coaching, not the secondary.


I disagree. Cedric Griffin has to be the worst starting DB in the entire league. Knee injuries have destroyed whatever speed and cutting ability he ever had, he cannot play anymore. Putting Richard Crawford out there can't be worse, not possible.


Based on what? Him getting juked by Amendola? Our fastest and most agile DB got juked by him (Hall).

Griffin hasn't been an amazing DB, but he's not the most terrible player people are making him out to be. However he should never be on people that just dominate him athletically. That's like putting Doughty on Andre Johnson all over again.


He's terrible. He has zero burst and no movement in his hips whatsoever. I know you love defending players who suck, I honestly have no idea why but you really seem to enjoy it. The reality is the Vikings have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and allowed Griffin to walk, that should tell you all you need to know.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62763
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
I honestly believe it was a good offense vs. a good defense and than a bad defense vs. an average Offense.

I mean no offense, but literally everyone in the stadium and watching at home knew that (during the first half) the ball was basically always going to Amendola. Has never adjusted and, for some reason, decided what worked last week against a superior offensive cast was no longer gonna work on your team.

We were never dominating, but I put more blame on the defense than I do give your O credit.
isnt Morris the DB coach? Shouldn't some of the blame go to him and the players or it more of the usual, just piling on Hasslett. Rolling Eyes
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 7. Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6751
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
I honestly believe it was a good offense vs. a good defense and than a bad defense vs. an average Offense.

I mean no offense, but literally everyone in the stadium and watching at home knew that (during the first half) the ball was basically always going to Amendola. Has never adjusted and, for some reason, decided what worked last week against a superior offensive cast was no longer gonna work on your team.

We were never dominating, but I put more blame on the defense than I do give your O credit.
isnt Morris the DB coach? Shouldn't some of the blame go to him and the players or it more of the usual, just piling on Hasslett. Rolling Eyes


Did I excuse Has? Has is the D-coordinator. He decides how we play this game.

Now, I ask you Turtle, how does our D normally play? WE always seem to play zone and get burned off it but seem to crunch down in the. The game against the Saints was something I've never seen Has do as our D coordinator. To be honest, I'd liken that to Reem having the input due to his experience facing the Saints.

So basically, do I blame him? Yes and no. But I still say this was a Has coached game through and through
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14282
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Not really because I believed it would happen. And we were on our way in the first half to making that happen, then we lost two key defensive starters and had major mental mistakes the rest of the way.

I don't see why its a problem for redskins fans in our forum to predict we could win a game by a few tds. Seems perfectly kosher to me... Very Happy Wink


You said you didn't watch the game, right? Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'd withhold judgement until you do. As I said before, the 21-6 score wasn't indicative of the actual play on the field.
that may be true, but it was the score at one point.



Yes, it was the score but it's kind of relevant when you're painting the picture that the Skins were on their way to an easy win then started making mistakes and blew it when that wasn't at all the case.

The game continued down the same path that it started on, the difference was that the scoreboard started to reflect that in the 2nd half. It wasn't like the Redskins or Rams flipped some switch. I really wish I could explain it the way I see it in my head but I can't accurately. All I can say is that you have to watch the game because even when the Redskins were up 21-6, they weren't dominating the game. The Rams looked to be every bit as good as they did.

And I think if you asked an unbiased observer, they'd say the same.

Anyways, I've bothered you guys enough after a tough loss. I do apologize if it seemed that I was gloating or something. Not my intention. Good luck with the rest of your season and enjoy RGIII, he's going to be a stud. I said back before and right after the draft that I thought he'd end up better than Luck and I stand by that. Kid has moxy and all the athleticism. My only recommendation to Shanny and co. is ease up on the QB keepers, you guys were getting him battered like Tebow today. I want him to stay healthy and succeed.

Have a good evening, guys.


I am not an unbiased observer and you and I saw the exact same game. This is why I came in at halftime and stated that this game was one reason why I don't talk smack before a game. Someone (forget who) asked me who was winning (we were at that point) and I remember thinking "doesn't matter, we scored an easy defensive TD, but really haven't been dominating like Week 1".
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62763
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Shanny's fine.

People really think Banks still deserves to be on this team?

Morgan needs to sit after thi sgame.

Am I the only one who thinks our Defense is no where near as good as people lead them to believe? They've allowed over 30 I think 6 out of the last 7 games they've played. If your team puts up over 28, you should be able to win the game.


We have Cedric Griffin, Madeui Williams and Deangelo Hall all in the same secondary, how could people not think that was going to be a problem?
True story. Remember I posted that article from pff that showed Hall and C Griff were two of the worst cbs in the league last year.

I still think this secondary is better than last years though, but not by much.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 7. Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62763
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
I am not an unbiased observer and you and I saw the exact same game. This is why I came in at halftime and stated that this game was one reason why I don't talk smack before a game. Someone (forget who) asked me who was winning (we were at that point) and I remember thinking "doesn't matter, we scored an easy defensive TD, but really haven't been dominating like Week 1".
all I'm saying is if a team is up 21-6 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter I'd expect that team to win, no matter who the team is and no matter how they got to that lead. The wheels started to come off after we took that lead.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 7. Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14282
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
I am not an unbiased observer and you and I saw the exact same game. This is why I came in at halftime and stated that this game was one reason why I don't talk smack before a game. Someone (forget who) asked me who was winning (we were at that point) and I remember thinking "doesn't matter, we scored an easy defensive TD, but really haven't been dominating like Week 1".
all I'm saying is if a team is up 21-6 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter I'd expect that team to win, no matter who the team is and no matter how they got to that lead. The wheels started to come off after we took that lead.


That's 36:00 left the play. You don't think a team that has always played us close cannot come back from two TDs down? You've never seen a Redskins team blow a 2 TD lead before? I have. Plenty of times. I even saw it when Boomer Esiason beat us (I believe it was when the Cards played us at home, we were up by 2 TDs twice in the game and they came back to tie both times and ended up winning in OT). 21-6 and yet one TD was on a "gimme TD" on the first play of the game. We were not clearly outclassing the Rams even up 21-6. Heck, I've seen teams come back from being down 20,28 points and win.

Until that clock reaches 00:00 in the 4th, the game ain't over. Celebrating your "win" with 6 minutes to go int he FIRST HALF is premature. And this game is an indicator of why.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62763
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
I am not an unbiased observer and you and I saw the exact same game. This is why I came in at halftime and stated that this game was one reason why I don't talk smack before a game. Someone (forget who) asked me who was winning (we were at that point) and I remember thinking "doesn't matter, we scored an easy defensive TD, but really haven't been dominating like Week 1".
all I'm saying is if a team is up 21-6 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter I'd expect that team to win, no matter who the team is and no matter how they got to that lead. The wheels started to come off after we took that lead.


That's 36:00 left the play. You don't think a team that has always played us close cannot come back from two TDs down? You've never seen a Redskins team blow a 2 TD lead before? I have. Plenty of times. I even saw it when Boomer Esiason beat us (I believe it was when the Cards played us at home, we were up by 2 TDs twice in the game and they came back to tie both times and ended up winning in OT). 21-6 and yet one TD was on a "gimme TD" on the first play of the game. We were not clearly outclassing the Rams even up 21-6. Heck, I've seen teams come back from being down 20,28 points and win.

Until that clock reaches 00:00 in the 4th, the game ain't over. Celebrating your "win" with 6 minutes to go int he FIRST HALF is premature. And this game is an indicator of why.
Dude I get it, anything can happen with that much time left, but it still shouldn't happen. We should be able to hold a 15 point lead if we obtain one. That's all
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 7. Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group